[GUIDE] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Redmi Note 9S / 9 Pro

But everybody says in Telegram it's necessary to format data. That's my doubt, don't know if wipe cache would be enough or not.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

NO.
All EU rom are to be installed via TWRP (when a TWRP is available).
Get TWRP from RN9s topic and flash it..
Install the rom.
After you will get update via OTA on your phone like official one.

Thanks for reply. But if i dont wanna use custom twrp i can update it with fastboot_update_rom script ? I kind of want to wait for the official twrp...

Thanks for reply. But if i dont wanna use custom twrp i can update it with fastboot_update_rom script ? I kind of want to wait for the official twrp...
NO, again NO.
ONLY TWRP is allowed to install EU rom. Fastboot was only used for the first rom release WHEN it was no TWRP available.
If you don't want to go with today available TWRP you might have to wait long before getting an official one.
TWRP group has little resource and too many phone to handle.
Do what you want, you are your boss...

Reactions: vanadium
NO, again NO.
ONLY TWRP is allowed to install EU rom. Fastboot was only used for the first rom release WHEN it was no TWRP available.
If you don't want to go with today available TWRP you might have to wait long before getting an official one.
TWRP group has little resource and too many phone to handle.
Do what you want, you are your boss...

Hi, i installed the twrp. Is there any special procedure to install the rom? On my one plus one i used to format everything befor flashing. Dont know if here is the same procedure because of android 10.

br.

Reactions: vanadium
Tried step by step that but when i want to copy zip to the phone it does not copy it on internal storage. Do you have an idea what am i doing wrong?
I assume you didn't follow the instructions exactly. You probably have encrypted storage
Alternatively, you can upload the installation file to the SD card.

I assume you didn't complete the second and third lines of the procedure.

Follows the ROM installation:
-Download latest recovery ROM 12.0.2
-In TWRP click on Wipe, then on Format Data -> type "yes" (this will decrypt the phone)
-Now you need to restart the phone to TWRP (in TWRP click on the Reboot button, then click on the Recovery button) !!! ( important, otherwise it will not work)
-In TWRP, connect the phone to the PC and copy the ROM to Internal storage

-Install ROM (In TWRP click on Install and select ZIP from storage)
-Restart to System

I did like that exactly, and then when i want to copy the zip file to the internal storage it shows the copy window but it never copys the rom to the internal storage.

1. I downloaded this rom: xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9Pro_HMNote9S_V12.0.2.0.QJWMIXM_v12-10.zip
2. In TWRP i did formate data and then typed yes to approve the format
3. I went to reboot menu and chosed recovery
4. I tried to copy the zip file to internal storage withou sucsess

Using TWRP 3.4.0.-14-mauronofrio

Will try again from the start.

Last edited:
Tried again. All the steps and no sucsess, i even flashed the fastboot version before trying to flash the latest version to be shure i didn screw something up, double checked that partitions are decrypted and no sucsess. Am i maybe missing any adb drivers? The phone is normaly detected by the system. This is first time in at least 5+ years of flashing roms that i cant copy the rom on internal storage when in TWRP.

But i did notice that when i go to install and then press menu button it shows:

E:Unable to decrypt FBE device

I don have any ideas any more...

Last edited:
please can you tell my why can't delete or edit system files via root explorer (rooted device)

Hi again to everybody. I have a new question. I got a new redmi note 9 pro since the last one was faulty so the store gave me a new one. I uninstalled almost all the miui apps, except the compass and the fm radio, via the non root method, through the
ADB and Fastboot tool. i had to upgrade to java 14 (something like that). The question is: Do I have to reinstall all the originals app back in order to be able to install the xiaomi eu rom?