[GUIDE] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Redmi Note 9S / 9 Pro

So my experience was: Unlocked Bootloader and tried Xiaomi.eu, after that tried an AOSP Rom and I think I lost L1 then because I didn't check before neither I backed up originally before unlocking and flashing(my bad). Tried to restore flashing original EEA MIUI and relocking bootloader but no success. I can get OTA and pass SafetyNet but DRM stays on L3.

UPDATE: Tried flashing Global, still L3. So even flashing the original ROM being EEA or Global doesn't restore Widevine, at least for me.
Try use MiFlash as is decribed here: https://xiaomiflashtool.com/tutorial/use-xiaomi-flash-tool
Latest fastboot ROM - link is in the first post.
Latest Mi Flasher here - https://xiaomiflashtool.com/download/xiaomi-flash-tool-20200314

Last edited:
Try use MiFlash as is decribed here: https://xiaomiflashtool.com/tutorial/use-xiaomi-flash-tool
Latest fastboot ROM - link is in the first post.
Already tried like I said before. Flashed original EEA rom with miflash, relock bootloader and widevine still L3.

Like suggested here also tried Global version through miflash but same result.

In my case without original backup L1 is gone for the moment. Not a huge deal for me but for some people could make a difference. You mess up with persist partition, you could loose L1 permanently.
6c1ee860e0948d8b746f4cd6f2afa487.jpg

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9S através do Tapatalk

The irony is that on my 'old' Redmi Note 5 Pro I already had MIUI12 for quite some time now.

widevine L1 only need 4K video from Netflix, so it's no mistake.
It's not only Netflix
Companies including Amazon Prime Video, BBC, Hulu, Netflix, Spotify and Disney+ use Widevine DRM to manage the distribution of premium content.
Nearly All big streaming platforms restrict your Phone to 480p which is on a phone cabable of fullHD+ just a joke.
Sure if you are not planning on streaming anything ever on your Phone, fine. But for me it would be a gamebreaker. That would be enough reason to get a New phone atleast for me.
Sure share your opinion on it. But declare it as such.
And of course it's a big "mistake" for anyone wanting to use it.

Just so everyone understands what will happen, a little Image showing the difference.

5ae020057119eb4191c7b5d5_SAC.jpg

Last edited:
It's not only Netflix

Nearly All big streaming platforms restrict your Phone to 480p which is on a phone cabable of fullHD+ just a joke.
Sure if you are not planning on streaming anything ever on your Phone, fine. But for me it would be a gamebreaker. That would be enough reason to get a New phone atleast for me.
Sure share your opinion on it. But declare it as such.
And of course it's a big "mistake" for anyone wanting to use it.
Out of any argument:
If you don't touch the bootloader and stay quietly on stock rom, nothing wrong happens.
Xiaomi is one open company that let you responsible when playing with custom rom.

Reactions: LeX1991
Out of any argument:
If you don't touch the bootloader and stay quietly on stock rom, nothing wrong happens.
Xiaomi is one open company that let you responsible when playing with custom rom.
Sure you are indeed completely right.
There is always a risk of breaking something and everyone should know that and know no one can be blamed except themself.
That's not what I wanted to say. We always learn something New and we share those Informations to help another.
There Was a Problem with for example Google pay not working. Rbarat showed all how to get around with flashing persist.img. Theres nothing wrong with it.
Now we got complains about people loosing widevine L1 and I showed a little more complicated way of getting safetynet check past and staying on L1.
Everyone gets to choose for himself now what's Best for him. I would not try to tell anyone what to do.
But reading then that Going to L3 is "no mistake" and it's just Netflix makes me a bit angry as there will be people Going for it based on this Statement. And then complaining again.
This wouldnt be a Problem either if it wouldnt be for good and stay forever as it Seems to be right now.
Regards

Reactions: LOLO9393
Sure you are indeed completely right.
There is always a risk of breaking something and everyone should know that and know no one can be blamed except themself.
That's not what I wanted to say. We always learn something New and we share those Informations to help another.
There Was a Problem with for example Google pay not working. Rbarat showed all how to get around with flashing persist.img. Theres nothing wrong with it.
Now we got complains about people loosing widevine L1 and I showed a little more complicated way of getting safetynet check past and staying on L1.
Everyone gets to choose for himself now what's Best for him. I would not try to tell anyone what to do.
But reading then that Going to L3 is "no mistake" and it's just Netflix makes me a bit angry as there will be people Going for it based on this Statement. And then complaining again.
Regards
I said the same, not a huge deal for me but could make a lot of difference for other people. If the companies stay on this path, it will slowly kill custom roms... I did this on this phone bcz it's almost like my test phone. On my wife's Samsung A50 left it untouched and L1 works because she uses a lot of streaming.

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9S através do Tapatalk

t_adams, try to flash older versions offciacial Global ROM
Download here: https://mirom.ezbox.idv.tw/en/phone/joyeuse/roms-global-stable/
I cant try it, because i HAve locked phone now.

There are versions: 11.0.1, 11.0.2, 11.0.4 and 11.0.5

Or try this Magisk module to change Widevine to L1 -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
try this Magisk module to change Widevine to L1 -

On some other phones for L1 recovery it was enough to copy the original Persist.IMG, I don't know why it doesn't work with us.

That's what I said a few days ago.
After flashing persist.img some phones were able to restore it if they flashed the original file. Some had to Flash Stock Rom and some needed a factory reset, Stock Rom and a relocked bootloader while others Couldn't restore from L3 to L1 at all. Our Phone Seems to be in the last category as there were users trying All these steps.
Maybe theres a way we are not aware of at the Moment. For now we have to accept it.

That's what I said a few days ago.
After flashing persist.img some phones were able to restore it if they flashed the original file. Some had to Flash Stock Rom and some needed a factory reset, Stock Rom and a relocked bootloader while others Couldn't restore from L3 to L1 at all. Our Phone Seems to be in the last category as there were users trying All these steps.
Maybe theres a way we are not aware of at the Moment. For now we have to accept it.
It's like you write. Maybe someone will come up with a some trick. Hasn't anyone tried that module on L1 in Magisk?

Filename: DRM_L1_Patch_ALL_Xiaomi_Magisk_Module.zip
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x1lZ2KVYVclmx95kAI8YfgvmoWgC6jv1/view

I locked the Bootloader while trying with L1 and I have to wait for the unlock ... :)

Last edited:
Hello, Im currently on miui 12 masik, is there any way to install this rom with the the current trwp available?

Hi guys. I installed 11.0.7 vie fastboot and I received 11.0.11 via ota. Downloaded it and moved it to pc. After unzipping it looks like a flashable rom and not a fastboot rom. Or can I just click on update in the Updater app? My twrp isn running properly cuz the slider doesn't work. I tried both versions for. Redmi Note 9S

Edit: I could install twrp(finally) and then I updated to 11.0.11

Gesendet von meinem Mi 10 Pro mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can you please tell me where can i change region on redmi note 9 pro with 11.0.5.0 rom from Xiaomi.eu
Thanks for your time

Can I put global on 9pro?
If I do that I'm still going to get miu12 via ota?

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9 Pro através do Tapatalk