[GUIDE] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Redmi Note 9S / 9 Pro

Does any of this work with EEA note 9s?
I miss the days where there were 1 or 2 variants of the same device...

What exactly do you think?

since I don't know everything, I asked. If you're not going to answer, don't bother making comments like the one you did. A forum exists to inform its users of things they don't know about and for users to share information on various subjects.

If I had to guess, the difference between a Global 9S and an EEA 9S would only be the factory ROM, but I'm not an expert on the subject, thus my question previously.

Reactions: Zeper
since I don't know everything, I asked. If you're not going to answer, don't bother making comments like the one you did. A forum exists to inform its users of things they don't know about and for users to share information on various subjects.

If I had to guess, the difference between a Global 9S and an EEA 9S would only be the factory ROM, but I'm not an expert on the subject, thus my question previously.
I don't understand your question or answer. If you want to get a qualified answer, you have to ask specifically and accurately. Then I'll be happy to answer you.

The difference between ROM Global and EEA is in some settings required by the GDDPR law of the European Union - e.g. calls must not be recordable and search providers must be selectable.

The instructions for installing the local ROM therefore work for all variants of the phone. Today, when we already have TWRP, I recommend using the standard installation of local ROMs from TWRP:
Joyeuse
Curtana

Last edited:
Reactions: Rui Palmeira

If you are not happy with our answers here at EU custom rom, you have better to ask your question on STOCK rom to the official XIAOMI forum....

The difference between ROM Global and EEA is in some settings required by the GDDPR law of the European Union - e.g. calls must not be recordable and search providers must be selectable.

The instructions for installing the local ROM therefore work for all variants of the phone. Today, when we already have TWRP, I recommend using the standard installation of local ROMs from TWRP:
Joyeuse
Curtana

Thank you for the answer and links to the czech forum (I seem to recall having used it for some of the older xiaomi models I've owned). I'll probably fiddle around with it after I get the phone through RMA (my unit has the dust in camera module problem)...

So, in theory, I should be able to circumvent the "limitation" by getting TWRP and installing xiaomi.eu, for example, since the hardware is the exact same.

Hey guys, I'm new here... MIUI custom ROM user since MIUI 8 on Lenovo Vibe C.

I can confirm that xiaomi.eu ROM (MIUI 11.0.11 STABLE) works well on my Redmi Note 9S, it had EEA variant at first, installed using TWRP 3.4.1B 0530, although when you keep it for long and open it again it won't detect touches until you reboot to recovery again.
So there is a really tiny issue, the Weather app, the default version without updates, crashes until you update it from Play Store, and then it works normally, not a big deal.
Overall it's working great, much thanks to the devs <3 .

Reactions: boburobert
For now, only for Indian and Turkish version.
Global should come out - hopefully- soon...
I switched from eu 11 to 12 hind rum, the only rum I used, but I immediately turned to 11 and I decided to wait until eu 12 came out, I hope it will come out soon.

Reactions: boburobert
I switched from eu 11 to 12 hind rum, the only rum I used, but I immediately turned to 11 and I decided to wait until eu 12 came out, I hope it will come out soon.
Yeah! I'll wait for the .eu release too.
Don't want to get into any trouble with other versions.
I only wish it was faster.
This Curtana device is/was a flagship mid-range device and deserved better treatment.
I'm running MIUI12 on my old Note 5 Pro for more than 6 month now!
Can't understand

may be. But don't spend your time writing here.
Read the news!
I was reading news. everyone was reporting that 9s will probably have it on late august, then changed to early sept, then late sept. we are literally few hours until oct and still no signs of 12. Thus, i stopped checking telegram groups and news sites. Although to be fair, there was no confirmation from xiaomi itself but still i got my hopes up for official or even eu version.

Asking here wouldnt hurt anyone i guess, but seems like you are. if you dont have anything good and nice to say let other members reply. you dont have to reply telling me to read the news as if like i dont read at all.

And just to let you know i have been using ported/modded miui 12. but again, official 12 from xiaomi or xiaomi.eu would be very nice.

• Haha
Reactions: LOLO9393 and Zeper
I was reading news. everyone was reporting that 9s will probably have it on late august, then changed to early sept, then late sept. we are literally few hours until oct and still no signs of 12. Thus, i stopped checking telegram groups and news sites. Although to be fair, there was no confirmation from xiaomi itself but still i got my hopes up for official or even eu version.

Asking here wouldnt hurt anyone i guess, but seems like you are. if you dont have anything good and nice to say let other members reply. you dont have to reply telling me to read the news as if like i dont read at all.

And just to let you know i have been using ported/modded miui 12. but again, official 12 from xiaomi or xiaomi.eu would be very nice.
Your discussion is out of topic and out of EU forum rules.
You can open your own and dedicated topic for your gossiping.

Hello, "Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system "

there is no fastboot instalation script after unpacking - where to get it from?

Is this problem generic themes do not work