[GUIDE] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi 12/12S series

It is a recovery ROM and is installed via TWRP.
TWRP: https://sourceforge.net/projects/recovery-for-xiaomi-devices/files/

Rename the downloaded TWRP file to twrp.img and install.
Thanks. Time to figure out how to get TWRP on my phone

Good news! On eu rom miui 14 and above. Android auto wireless doesn't disconnect anymore when using the 50w wireless car charger.

On previous eu rom it always disconnected when using Android auto wireless and the 50w wireless car charger. The 20w wireless car charger worked fine.

Now can finally enjoy wireless fast charging in the car

Now other than having to send video files in Whatsapp as Document instead of Video (to avoid stuttering video files) the eu rom is perfect. Waze also fixed for Android auto wireless

Update ROM in TWRP.
Hi
If the device nvr has 'fastboot eu rom', meaning i just can flash 'recovery eu rom' via twrp on top of existing rom (default rom that come with the device) ?

Update ROM in TWRP.
With TWRP installs can we then do the subsequent xiaomi.eu updates without reformatting the phone in the future?
Because the only instructions I've seen about updates always point to a fastboot update, and not Recovery... I wanted to avoid the frequent formats.

Every update is without data loss (no Format Data). And the update method doesn't matter. If a "Hybrid ROM" has been released, it can be installed using the fastboot or Recovery (TWRP) method.

So the dataloss is only for the first install (or after changing from weekly to stable)?
And for those "Hybrid ROM" what's the best method to use: fastboot or Recovery?

So the dataloss is only for the first install (or after changing from weekly to stable)?
Yes.
And for those "Hybrid ROM" what's the best method to use: fastboot or Recovery?
It depends on the user what suits him. You do not need a PC to update in recovery (TWRP).

It depends on the user what suits him. You do not need a PC to update in recovery (TWRP).
That's a good point. Well, in this case I only have Recovery update available for Xiaomi 12 for now. Let's see what's available as soon as my bootloader is unlocked and then I'll decide.
Thank you very much!

Hello, I would like to know if I put this rom, then will I receive automatic updates or will I have to do this process every time a new one comes out?

please help.
i have xiaomi 12s eng/chn firmware. i would like to put xiaomi.eu firmware. can someone please show me step by step how to do it and what to download it. i unlocked bootloader. ty. i watched those video tutorials on tradingshenzen, but i am not sure did i get it how to do it, so please someone write it.

Last edited:

Hi, instead of updating from dev to dev i've downgraded from dev to stable... (I know I'm dumb).
The phone show me the miui recovery menu with the four input.
But now, I can't reflash to dev after several hours.
I get this exact message

FAILED (remote: 'Download is not allowed on locked devices')​

But i'm unlocked and don't really know what I need to do anymore. I have an 12 pro

I recommend you to flash back any official firmware using Mi flash tool, but pay attention to not lock the bootloader (choose flash_all script).
Then, once the process completed, retake steps to flash desired xiaomi.eu rom. For that, read first post from the thread which announced the latest rom release for your model.

I recommend you to flash back any official firmware using Mi flash tool, but pay attention to not lock the bootloader (choose flash_all script).
Then, once the process completed, retake steps to flash desired xiaomi.eu rom. For that, read first post from the thread which announced the latest rom release for your model.
Thanks for the reply! I've tried to flash the stock ROM but I just cannot do it with succes. However, I've reflashed successfully the weekly ROM

What are the required windows tool for cmd to make sure the script will run properly and avoid any errors? My pc was just recently setup. Or no need to install anything just make sure my phone is unlocked I just need to run the script without any tools?

Yes.

If downgrading, from weekly to stable xiaomi.es roms: it's possible recovery mode if data format is mandatory? fastboot can be better?

How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi 12/12S series

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
- Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
- Download our ROM zip file BETA or STABLE
- If you are on windows: Right click on downloaded zip - Settings - Unblock zip content
D9NcJZp.png

- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC (we recommend to use WinRAR)
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 15min)
- if flashing process stuck on setting slot a, just press Enter

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
- Download our ROM zip file WEEKLY or STABLE
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Update guide on the video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Update via OTA:
Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt (without wipe data)
hello, when i launch script for install i have this

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.2 KB · Views: 103
does NFC and contactless payment work on Xiaomi.eu?
I will use it here in Brazil.
Yes, it should work just fine, unless you have root installed, which might require some tinkering to avoid problems with device certification in Google Pay.
Source: I'm also Brazilian and using weekly MIUI EU on a Mi 9.

Good day to all,
I update my phone via TWRP when new firmware is available, and I would like to know if TWRP is updated at the same time as the firmware or if I should look if TWRP update is available and do it "on the side." ?
Thanks

It depends on what device you have. If your device is Xiaomi 12X then yes TWRP is included in the ROM.
- device A/B > TWRP is part of the ROM (if available for that model)
- device A/B rec > TWRP must be installed separately (not included in ROM)
Table of models A/B

Reactions: Yannick M.
Hello. I am new on this forum and i want to ask if you permit: what rom to choose for 12 pro, stable or dev (which is better from your experience)? I am confused with choosing. Also, want to know if xiaomi.eu rom does include standard root or not?

- The weekly version is a developer version and contains the latest features (bugs may occur)
(updates come out every weekend but you don't have to use them)
- The Stable version should be "Stable" but there may also be bugs (some features from the Weekly version may not be included)
(updates are released irregularly, usually at intervals of approx. 60-90 days)
- Xiaomi.eu ROM does not contain root rights.

Reactions: Alex_is_my_name