[Guide] mi note 10 lite Flashing Custom Rom and installing Magisk

== How-to install & use latest Fastboot (& ADB) version - for Windows ==

1) Download and extract in ' C:/ ' drive => https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip

2) Rename " platform-tools " folder to " ADB " (in the root of your ' C:/ ' drive)

3) Move your " .img " files (vbmeta, TWRP, etc.) in the " ADB " folder (in the root of your ' C:/ ' drive)

4) Open a "Command Prompt" window = Taskbar search => cmd -OR- "Execute..." => cmd

5) Type ' cd /d C:/ADB ' then enter

Now you are ready to type fastboot commands!

:)

Last edited:
1) Extract and move the "platform-tools" folder in the root of your C: drive

2) Move your ".img" files (vbmeta, TWRP, etc.) in "C:\platform-tools" directory

3) Remove "adb" folder in the root of your C: drive

4) Rename "platform-tools" folder in the root of your C: drive to "adb"

5) Done!

;)
Excuse me, but I don't understand the fourth step, where should I write fastboot command here?

I have just edited my post to be able for you to use "fastboot" command instead of ".\fastboot.exe" in PowerShell. ;)
After updating adb, can I still follow the guide in the first post or the video to install recovery? Thanks for helping me

After updating adb, can I still follow the guide in the first post or the video to install recovery? Thanks for helping me
Yes, no problem. ;)
But I need to check something, can you type "fastboot --version" in PowerShell and take a screenshot of the result?

Reactions: dany1990
Yes, no problem. ;)
But I need to check something, can you type "fastboot --version" in PowerShell and take a screenshot of the result?
'm sorry now I can't, the mi note 10 lite belongs to my daughter and now she's gone to work

Yes, no problem. ;)
Hi, typed ^fastboot version^ in PowerShell like you asked me yesterday, ecoo what comes out

Attachments

• IMG_20200923_132932.jpg
    IMG_20200923_132932.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 265
Installed recovery and rom miui 12, for those who want to install recovery the recovery language is in Russian, for those who want you can put English language

copia questa riga e incollala nella riga di comando
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-evaluation flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
Hi two questions: the twrp of mau ofrio3. Is 4.0.13 now stable? What improvements does it make? In addition, as is well known, the Note 10 lite has problems Co. The proximity sensor, how did you solve it?

Hey!

Today I unlocked my Mi Note 10 Lite - worked out fine.

Now I got the TWRP 3.4.0-14 on it - I guess its the latest version.

So.. the next step would be copying the xiaomi.eu.zip and also the magisk.zip to the storage of the device/note10-lite.
And here I received a problem as it seems.
In Win10 I cant copy wether the xiaomi.zip, nore the magisk.zip to the devices storage - after some seconds the copy-task
get cancelled by windows.
I tried to have a look if it shos the capacity of the storage of my Mi Note Lite - NOPE! As it seems I cant copy these two
files and as a result I cant install any image to it - sucks.

Now I literally read every of these 9 pages and only one time someone mentioned that issue.
They were speaking about a otg-cable solution to use an usb-stick or any similar device for it.

Does anyone have experience with this? Does it really work?
Is there no other option left?

I appreciate any hint!

Kind regards,
Cosmo

Flashing xiaomi.eu.zip rom And installing Magisk On mi note 10 lite [Guide]

Follow These methods (100% worked)

1. Boot to fastboot mode (power +vol down)
2. Extract ADB.rar to Drive C (Put the recovery and vbmeta files in ADB Folder) vbmeta link Below
3. Connect Phone To PC with USB Cable
4. from Start run CMD and type cd:\adb (pres enter) And type the following Commands :

fastboot devices
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash recovery Twrp-3.4.2B_toco_by.alex.msk1407.img (you can rename it to twrp.img) -LINK BELOW (Many Thanks To Alex msk)
fastboot reboot recovery

5. in twrp: wipe-> format data -> Type yes and tap enter (blue key)
6. in twrp: Boot to recovery (the phone is restarting to twrp again)
7. Copy xiaomi.eu rom and magisk.zip to phone

Exactly Step 7 ist what doesnt work - I CANT copy anything to the smartphones storage - I dont know why..

Thank you, Poney70!

Thanks a lot for the fast reply, I will try it out immediately (maybe I can ask again, if something wouldnt work out?)

Kind regards,
Cosmo

--

Edit: TESTED and worked out that way!
I didnt know why it didnt work out in first place - I tried it out but didnt work out - now it does - THANK YOU A LOT!

Last edited:
Hmmm.. Now it started, restarted and boots all the time in fastboot-mode.

I guess I have to redo the whole process. But if it will work out then, its okay to me.

Now I tried it completely again, like exactly the first time, when it worked out at least, that
I was able to flash the device - and now I cant copy the image to the storage again.

This is so absolutely strange, i do not have words for..

Edit: I think i found out why it didnt work out.. I used a "wrong" twrp version cant tell which one.
But then I deleted this vesion and downloaded the right version (the russian one) from the first page.
Even both versions were labeled for the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite.. but the russian version seems
valid - the other one might be bogus..!

Edit 2: Still doesnt work - I used the Xiaomi.eu.zip-Rom from page 1 - did everything exactly
they way it is described. This time everything worked out fine with the storage - could
copy anything I wanted.. even restarted the way it should and now it just shows

the MI-Logo and powered by android and the 3 dots with the android-logo - thats all

doesnt go on - even after 20 minutes..

Last edited:
I think the smartphone is bricked..
Now nothing works anymore :(

Edit: If I start the device it loads and loads and loads .. houuurs.. nothing will help - i cant even set back to any other version and it seems that twrp-version from the first page isnt the best version for Mi Note 10 Lite devices..

Last edited:
Now I tried to "install" different zipped-images - I just receive errorcodes like:

Invalid zip file format!
Error installing zip file "/sdcard/xiaomi.eu_multi_MINote10LITE_v12.02.0.QFNMIXM_v12-10-fastboot_2.zip"

..that also happens with any other zipped image..

Now I tried to "install" different zipped-images - I just receive errorcodes like:

Invalid zip file format!
Error installing zip file "/sdcard/xiaomi.eu_multi_MINote10LITE_v12.02.0.QFNMIXM_v12-10-fastboot_2.zip"

..that also happens with any other zipped image..

Worked out - For me the right TWRP was the key as it seemed - now its running! NOT YET BRICKED :D

I spent the last 5 hours trying to install Xiaomi.EU rom on this device...
Alex's twrp installed, done everything like it's written down, and I'm in bootloop. What else should I do?

Reactions: Cosmo_Dookie
I spent the last 5 hours trying to install Xiaomi.EU rom on this device...
Alex's twrp installed, done everything like it's written down, and I'm in bootloop. What else should I do?

Welcome to my world.. i tried the whole day - sum up: My Phone is a brick now..
I already wrote an E-Mail to our local MI-Store.. (local is a nice term for a distance of 45 Kilometers)
YEAY..

Be careful Szabi01!!!!

PS:
The currently available software in my oppinion for the MiNote 10 Lite IS PURE HELL.. better DONT flash the device, until some really usefull is available.
With all that "bogus" TWRPs flying around in the web.. I need to say from about 40 attempts 1 time I succeeded, this is really poor.
And YES I followed every step to the climax - in the most careful way - doesnt matter. I flashed a lot of different brands and devices (from satellite receivers, handheld-video-consoles, and other smartphone-brands) and I need to say Xiaomi is a hell of a device when it comes up to these issues..
Maybe Huawei is even same worse but that is not a shiny-quality-aspect :D

Yeah others might disagree with me, but its what I experienced..

Last edited:
Hi all,

I also had same problem as Cosmo_Dookie or Szabi01. The problem was that after flashing TWRP and and alternative ROM phone was stuck at MIUI logo.

Here's my solution - issue was fixed:

01. My phone was bought with MIUI EU or EEA version MIUI 11 - i think this is the main issue because I was trying to flash it with alternative MIUI 12 version
02. Then after 7 day wait-time I unlocked the bootloder with installed MIUI 11
03. Flash TWRP after unlock - the ONLY working one (I have tested 3 - 4 different TWRP) is Twrp-3.4.2B_toco_by.alex.msk1407 before flashing it is necessary to - disable verity a flash vbmeta - please see instructions below

04.It is necessarty to flash not working phone using MiFlash Tool to some EU/EEA/Globar fastboot flash ROM but flash MIUI 12 fastboot version unsing mode clean all.

05. After returning to stock MIUI 12 ROM phone boot up
06. And than again - simple steps
a) restart to fastboot [power + vol down]
b) flash vbmeta + TWRP - please see instructions in link - do them exactly as they are written until point 8 (that means not to forget reboot TWRP to recovery after flashing TWRP etc.) But after ROM flash - restart directly to SYSTEM - not to Recovery again. Then after phone boots up with local rom, you can install magisk root (see step 10)
Code:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-note-10-lite/how-to/flash-custom-rom-xiaomi-eu-install-t4131921

fastboot devices
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash recovery Twrp-3.4.2B_toco_by.alex.msk1407.img
fastboot reboot recovery

07. In twrp: wipe-> format data -> Yes and hit enter (blue button)
08. Copy local MI.EU rom to phone in PC and install it in TWRP
09. After reinstalation hit reboot to system - it is not necessary to reboot to TWRP again
10. Return to TWRP and flash magisk if you need root.

Personally i thing the problem occoured when I was trying to flash MIUI 12 local rom over stock MIUI 11 rom. Then I was stuck in MIUI boot logo. Now my phone boots up with alternative rom (i am using MIUI CZ/SK rom + magisk).

I hope it helps.

Hello Skandi!

Thanks a lot - this is a very nice tutorial, I appreciate your effort!

Currently (unfortunatelly) I bricked my phone and needs to take it to the service-center (i locked my phone and only Xiaomi-Stores have the valid accounts to relock it) - then I will try out your tutorial - sounds legit, especially that recommendation:

09. After reinstalation hit reboot to system - it is not necessary to reboot to TWRP again

Kind regards,
Cosmo

BRICKED-PHONE repaired!

VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO Angeluss69 - He was professional in bringing it back alive in every aspect!

Look for Angeluss69 - Hey managed to get the job done VERY WELL! Without him my phone would be still bricked by now!

1. I was totally paranoid because of the teamviewer-situation (its not the most nice feeling to grant someone you do not know
access to your computer) - I tried to setup a sandbox, worked - but inside the sandbox the phone driver didnt show up.. - so
no "backup-security" from the sandbox..

2. I wasnt sure if this really will work out, because my phone was really LOCKED TO THE FULLEST.

3. I was absolutely full of critics if that would work out.

Angeluss69 DESTROYED EVERY DOUBT by his professional way to deal with my problem:
Helpful, polite, very supporting, VEEERY PATIENT, got the SKILLS you need from a person who does the job right!
CHEAP PRICE compared to my actual situation (ship the phone to the china-manufacturer because european
OFFICIALLY STORE AUSTRA was not able to help in no way - EVEN GERMAN SHOP was not able to help - shame on
you Xiaomi for your customer-support!!!!)

I was so full of doubts when the right person wrote to me: I can unbrick your phone
I thought.. okaaaay.. hm.. maybe, maybe not.
YES HE CAN!!!! And he did!

ONCE AGAIN, look after him, if you got a bricked Xiaomi - he will clear up every issue!
THANK YOU, ANGELUSS69 ! ! ! !

Attachments

• Mein Schnappschuss_1.jpg
    Mein Schnappschuss_1.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Mein Schnappschuss_2.jpg
    Mein Schnappschuss_2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 178