[GUIDE][odin] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MIX 4

lol dude you're scaring me a bit :D OK, here goes

1. You need, need some kind of device to work with. Laptop, windows PC. Linux. Something. If you're just staring at the phone in your hand and that's your only option you're out of luck for now

2. First step is https://en.miui.com/unlock/download_en.html
Xiaomi's tool to unlock your phone - can not be skipped, and takes like ten days to even go through

3. You cable your phone to your let's just say PC and this tool will a) trigger unlocking the device after like 10 days and then you wait for it to happen - don't think there's a way to skip it. b) you need to install drivers, but tell me what OS you're on, your PC situation first. Drivers make the device recognised on the PC for the transfer of files.

4. You download the Weekly or Stable image from this side for ODIN / Mix 4 - it's updated regularly on the forum,choose one, I'm on weekly, it's updated regularly

5. on your PC - you download this Weekly, say, and it's a zip, so you uninstall to a folder. In that folder will be called windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
a bat is a Batch file or set of commands - or in English, it does the whole thing for you.
This don't work if your PC doesn't have the drivers. These can be found, it's just a different process on Linux for example

6. You don't need to change directory etc. unless you're using TWRP. This is quite an advanced step
Basically there's Command Prompt and you either create it in the folder you unzipped (easiest way - notice it has a Platform Tools folder) or you open Command Prompt anywhere and the cd command stands for change directory so you can cd and paste in the path to that zip

the TWRP guide I linked to does the rest but I think you're a long way off that step!

Here is how my folder looks. The logic is, it's just the unzipped weekly, I have extra stuff in there like twrp and some modules but you just need to look at the last two files - they're literally all you need

"First install"
and every time after, "Update rom"

As long as your computer picks up the phone is connected which drivers control - and eh, there might be other steps along the way on the phone itself, but they take a few seconds, like USB Debugging in Developer Options which is pressing 7 times on the MIU version number in settings - putting on this ROM is just a case of clicking the .bat file you need

This folder here - I'm lazy, this is everything I've done lately in one place. Only the TWRP process involved me typing stuff in command prompt. Putting on this ROM is just literally clicking the second to last .bat file and letting it do its magic.

BTW I've never bricked an android phone. I actually think it's a myth. The worst thing you can do is rush it. Be prepared dude! That Chinese ROM is OK but you're here now so let's get you onto a ROM that'll make it the best phone you've ever owned!

ZMWx7cU.png

• Love
Reactions: katerpanne
You took all this time to explain me. Now I see that while Apple has loyal customers, Xiaomi has a strong comunity. If you don't mind, here's my whatsapp number +40746143889 Maybe you agree to do me a solid, take control of my laptop remotely and do the trick.
Eh maybe but I'm busy for a few weeks. Have you used the Xiaomi unlock tool?

Hi, this might be a newbie question but I´m trying to figure one thing out.
Got myself the mix 4 today and already started the unlocking process so hopefully in a week I can start the installing the stable version from xiaomi.eu but in the instructions first in this thread it mentions that I should "update ROM to the latest via updater app first" (see attached picture)
Is he talking about updating the phone itself to the latest android available OTA or something else? I see the phone is still on MIUI 12 and 13 is now available, but I´m looking to install the newest stable version from xiaomi.eu (12.5) and I´m just wondering if it makes any difference if I update the phone first or just leave it as it is.

Attachments

• xiaomi.jpg
    xiaomi.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 243
Hi, this might be a newbie question but I´m trying to figure one thing out.
Got myself the mix 4 today and already started the unlocking process so hopefully in a week I can start the installing the stable version from xiaomi.eu but in the instructions first in this thread it mentions that I should "update ROM to the latest via updater app first" (see attached picture)
Is he talking about updating the phone itself to the latest android available OTA or something else? I see the phone is still on MIUI 12 and 13 is now available, but I´m looking to install the newest stable version from xiaomi.eu (12.5) and I´m just wondering if it makes any difference if I update the phone first or just leave it as it is.
Yes, while it's still on China rom, run updater

I can't understand how my mix 4 has hiccups all the time, like when I open an app, more times than not it takes an extra half second from the taping to the opening, IMDB app sometimes is not loading movie covers, Flashscore app sometimes is not showing teams logos, Google Maps blocks at "Finding best routes", Vanced app sometimes I open and blocks on loading. None of this happens on my father's Mi 10T pro. So this xiaomi.eu ROM must be the culprit. I can't think of anything else, because hardware wise, my device is clearly supperior. These are issues that a phone with 4 year old hardware should have no problem with.

I'm very frustrated and dissapointed, I'm considering going back to apple, at least their phones just work, all the apps, 0 problems, 100% fluid.

Put the ROM on again but after a format, this doesn't sound right and this ROM is not that bad. Might be worth checking permissions for funky apps (IE have you given Maps permissions), but yknow... I'd definitely try again after a format. These aren't common issues (I've had the Vanced one I guess as I stopped using it as it kept closing, but I rooted and it's now absolutely fine)

Hey, guys i have a question i bought a Mix4 for with the Miui.eu on it but 12.5.3 version, if want to update to the miui 13 i need to run ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat or ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat? Because i tried the second one but nothing has been done and my Mix4 is still to 12.5 version

Hey, guys i have a question i bought a Mix4 for with the Miui.eu on it but 12.5.3 version, if want to update to the miui 13 i need to run ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat or ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat? Because i tried the second one but nothing has been done and my Mix4 is still to 12.5 version
They are named according to what you need to do, though you said "nothing has been done"

Have you unlocked the phone with the mi unlock tool?

Hello,
Received my Mix4 yesterday and i'm currently in the unlocking proces.
Im a little stuck wich step to take next.... flash stable rom with fasboot method and twrp afterwards?
Or flash twrp, copy rom to device en flash it with twrp....
Excuses me for my noob question.... a lot has changed after the windows mobile era ;)

After unlocking the bootloader, you can install the ROM using the fastboot method. At the same time as the ROM, TWRP is also installed, which is part of the ROM.
Or you can choose to install recovery method (TWRP). It's up to you which method you use. To install xiaomi.eu ROM for the first time, it is easier to use the fastboot method.

Reactions: JHB1100
After unlocking the bootloader, you can install the ROM using the fastboot method. At the same time as the ROM, TWRP is also installed, which is part of the ROM.
Or you can choose to install recovery method (TWRP). It's up to you which method you use. To install xiaomi.eu ROM for the first time, it is easier to use the fastboot method.
You gave me the answer I was looking for! Didn't know that twrp is installed as a part of the rom. Thnx!

Reactions: ToneLa