[GUIDE][venus|star|mars] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI11 / Pro / Ultra

It seems to me that .eu rom has more ghosting or isn't as fluid as the china rom(12.0.22), when scrolling through text or settings for example. But it might also be an illusion so pls share your thoughts/experiences.
Correctly, it seems to me that the EU version is a bit laggier than the Chinese one. Also, I have found some issues when playing content on Netflix and trying to access the notifications or control center at the same time, the screen crashes, so it is impossible to access these panels when playing something. Also, I have noticed that the audio volume is lower than the Chinese ROM, which is sad.

Hi, I installed for windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat, and windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat, both always back to fastboot, restart again back to fastboot. Please provide an solution, the phone couldn't switch off also.

微信截图_20210228080442.jpg
微信截图_20210228080442.jpg

I had the same issue. I fixed it by having someone flash with Miflash in EDL mode but I did not have to open up the phone. You can see the discussion earlier in this thread.

Ru sure your Bootloader is unlocked?

Please try an ordinary cmd window instead of PowerShell.

You unzipped the Rom, entered the folder and ran the bat, right?

The erasing user datan part is wrong, the command should not appear and fail..

Hmm..

The issue usually appears of you are updating instead of initial installing..

It's caused by -w parameter, any chance you're using the wrong script?

Sent from my Mi11

Hmm

Sent from my Mi11

Yes I unlocked Bootloader through Xiaomi. so you think I should use CMD to reinstall it? let me try. thanks The erasing user datan part is wrong, the command should not appear and fail.., whats this mean?

Yes I unlocked Bootloader through Xiaomi. so you think I should use CMD to reinstall it? let me try. thanks The erasing user datan part is wrong, the command should not appear and fail.., whats this mean?
Read again I added more text :)

Sent from my Mi11

Hmm..

The issue usually appears of you are updating instead of initial installing..

It's caused by -w parameter, any chance you're using the wrong script?

Sent from my Mi11
20210228090939.jpg

SAME THING, FLASHED AND BACK TO FASTBOOT.

can you attach a link please?

Post #343

As far as I recall I did everything correctly the first time but got stuck in perpetual fastboot. The only thing I can think of is maybe I didn't update to latest CN version before flashing.

It's working great now and I updated EU versions no problem.

View attachment 35133

SAME THING, FLASHED AND BACK TO FASTBOOT.
Userdata should be your cache partition, this is caused by -w parameter, let me check the script and maybe we find a solution, this is your first install and you came from China stock Rom which you updated too?

You using the format install script, not the one with update in the name?

Sent from my Mi11

Userdata should be your cache partition, this is caused by -w parameter, let me check the script and maybe we find a solution, this is your first install and you came from China stock Rom which you updated too?

You using the format install script, not the one with update in the name?

Sent from my Mi11

Yes this is first time install EU room, the phone was run by China version 12 stable, first time I used update, then I tried first install. but still not working, always back to fastboot

Post #343

As far as I recall I did everything correctly the first time but got stuck in perpetual fastboot. The only thing I can think of is maybe I didn't update to latest CN version before flashing.

It's working great now and I updated EU versions no problem.

where can downlaod the latest CN version please?

not working, still back to fastboot
I see, hmm, by any chance do you have an old version of the platform tools installed which might kick in?

Weird issue mate

In particular your make_f2fs.exe could be from older sdk and not working on Android 11.

Just wild guessing..

Could also be missing drivers...

The issue is the system cannot create the desired partition, but why is the million dollar question..

Try upgrading adb drivers and usb drivers for Xiaomi.

Can you use an usb 2 port?

Sent from my Mi11

Last edited:
where can downlaod the latest CN version please?

What I am saying is I maybe didn't update the CN Rom normally using OTA prior to trying to flash EU.

Once I was stuck in fastboot I tried flashing CN Rom using Miflash - it would say success but then go back to fastboot every time. I had to get someone to flash using their Xiaomi account.

You might as well try flashing CN with Miflash? I don't recall which site I downloaded the Rom from...there are several.

Over on xda there is a thread by @ingbrzy which deals with the same issue, flashing latest China might help.

But also using correct Fastboot from zip.

Keep trying :)

What could save you, is flashing older Rom (early January) and then just update.

I would try this path.

Sent from my Mi11

Last edited:
What I am saying is I maybe didn't update the CN Rom normally using OTA prior to trying to flash EU.

Once I was stuck in fastboot I tried flashing CN Rom using Miflash - it would say success but then go back to fastboot every time. I had to get someone to flash using their Xiaomi account.

You might as well try flashing CN with Miflash? I don't recall which site I downloaded the Rom from...there are several.

thanks. I am trying.

Over on xda there is a thread by @ingbrzy which deals with the same issue, flashing latest China might help.

But also using correct Fastboot from zip.

Keep trying :)

What could save you, is flashing older Rom (early January) and then just update.

I would try this post path.

Sent from my Mi11

thanks, I will try.