[GUIDE][venus|star|mars] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI11 / Pro / Ultra

Also wouldn't it be safer to only do some debloating for the Mi 11 Pro for now if there are so many problems at the moment? Does anyone know if this would be possible/safe to do and what debloater to use? I would just like some of the chinese stuff removed and the possibility to add google as search engine to the system.

Also wouldn't it be safer to only do some debloating for the Mi 11 Pro for now if there are so many problems at the moment? Does anyone know if this would be possible/safe to do and what debloater to use? I would just like some of the chinese stuff removed and the possibility to add google as search engine to the system.
these is no issue with ROM, just with installation process..

btw I clicked to update to V 12.5, do I need to disable the Unlock OEM before restarting for the update? I want to do everything from scratch but I need clear instructions

Ok guys, good news. I just kept on trying and the 5th attempt made it. In the end, used CMD, but I don't think it really makes a difference.
I had the idea that keeping the mouse moving during the process helped. But that could also just be superstition.

Bottom line; don't panic if it fails the first, second, third or fourth time. I just tried again and noticed that it 'hung' at different places in the script each time. The 5th attempt didn't hang and it succesfully completed (on the Mi 11 Pro). :)

Ok guys, good news. I just kept on trying and the 5th attempt made it. In the end, used CMD, but I don't think it really makes a difference.
I had the idea that keeping the mouse moving during the process helped. But that could also just be superstition.

Bottom line; don't panic if it fails the first, second, third or fourth time. I just tried again and noticed that it 'hung' at different places in the script each time. The 5th attempt didn't hang and it succesfully completed (on the Mi 11 Pro). :)
cool to hear because I have the same device. Can you please repeat how did you end up applying for the unlock and when did you update to 12.5 before installing the EU rom?

Thanks die reporting thats important

But there is no direct contact to anybody on this Telegram channel. I wrote comment in some post, but I don't think it will work for contact from them... :(
Does anybody have contact to guys from this group?
Hi, if you manage to find someone who can recover through edl, as I dont use facebook or instagram, could you please let me know. Thanks.

Hi, if you manage to find someone who can recover through edl, as I dont use facebook or instagram, could you please let me know. Thanks.

They all seem to be using the telegram chat app, to get my phone up and running i just quickly created an account and reached out. They'll have you install teamviewer and a bunch of other apps... atleast the one i used.

Reactions: Mark F

Did you take any additional steps likes Mi recovery and wiping? Or did you just keep running the .bat file over and over?

Did you take any additional steps likes Mi recovery and wiping? Or did you just keep running the .bat file over and over?
I would also like to know that. I updated the device to 12.5 and my 7 days unlock timer didn't get interrupted. I didn't touch anything in developer options prior to the update. Also didn't had to re-enable USB Debugging after the update. I will follow the clean installation instructions as described by @ingbrzy or do you guys think that now that I updated the system I should do a factory reset after unlocking and then flash xiaomi.eu?

Currently on my 4th attempt. Will update you guys. But we can rule out being on China ROM 12.5.2 being the solution

No, i did not perform any additional steps, apart from downloading and running the .bat. First through Powershell, then by just right clicking it and running it as administrator (disadvantage of that is that it closes when it is finished, and you cannot see what went well and what failed if necessary).

I received my phone a week ago. Factory reset it, updated miui to the newest version (Chinese ROM) and went through the unlock process until I hit the timer. Put the phone aside for a week until this evening; booted it in fastboot mode and went ahead.

The fact that it fails at different points in the script every time tells me that it is not a single point of failure and encouraged me to just keep trying and see what happened. Sometimes it came less far (see logs) sometimes it came a bit further (6/8) and the fifth time, it completed successfully.

Reactions: 4fun20 and pangkh
No, i did not perform any additional steps, apart from downloading and running the .bat. First through Powershell, then by just right clicking it and running it as administrator (disadvantage of that is that it closes when it is finished, and you cannot see what went well and what failed if necessary).

I received my phone a week ago. Factory reset it, updated miui to the newest version (Chinese ROM) and went through the unlock process until I hit the timer. Put the phone aside for a week until this evening; booted it in fastboot mode and went ahead.

The fact that it fails at different points in the script every time tells me that it is not a single point of failure and encouraged me to just keep trying and see what happened. Sometimes it came less far (see logs) sometimes it came a bit further (6/8) and the fifth time, it completed successfully.

Mine is crashing every single time at erasing meta data.

Mine is crashing every single time at erasing meta data.
Then try to change something, did you read the advice in regards to the makefs binary?

Please keep also in mind usb3 ports might cause issues as well, try usb2 if possible.

Don't give up that easy, in the end we all will make it :)

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Same with mine. So I am waiting for the help of EDL guys. Let you know if they fix it and hope I will remember all steps (if they don't use some magic hidden steps) ;)
Flashing via EDL is easy.. Just require authorized Xiaomi account.. Don't know from where those russians got it, but it's a good business for them..

Then try to change something, did you read the advice in regards to the makefs binary?

Please keep also in mind usb3 ports might cause issues as well, try usb2 if possible.

Don't give up that easy, in the end we all will make it :)

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm actually just trying different old versions of makefs