[GUIDE][venus|star|mars] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI11 / Pro / Ultra

I'm curious, do I still need to change the "fastboot getvar current-slot" to slot a. In order to sucessfully flash EU ROM on Mi 11 Pro/Ultra?

It's the same for other phones, it seems you can install ROMs only from slot A. So from what I understand, yes quickly change your slot to be safe and avoid EDL

Reactions: splinson
someone could also be kind enough to write this slot query into the installation script. It could be a query routine.
Yeah, I'm thinking mostly the bricked Mi 11 Pro/Ultra we seen in this forum are because its not changing the active slot to "a". But, on Mi 11 the process are done by automatically and seamlessly.

Hi, for Information
i flashed my Mi11 Ultra China Version 12.5.2 direct to latest EU 21.4.21 weekly as well with this instruction below and it worked:

after bootloader unlock i did initial setup and factory reset.

C:\tmp\Xiaomi\xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_21.4.21_v12-11-fastboot\platform-tools-windows>fastboot getvar current-slot
current-slot: b
Finished. Total time: 0.002s

C:\tmp\Xiaomi\xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_21.4.21_v12-11-fastboot\platform-tools-windows>fastboot set_active a
Setting current slot to 'a' OKAY [ 0.034s]
Finished. Total time: 0.036s

D88411101 said:
Successed to flash 11U from 12.5.2CN to 12.5.2 EU and my step as below...
1. Login Miflash tool
2. Setting phone to Fastboot mode
3. Unlocked phone and reboot
4. Quick setting and makesure can login to phone
5. Setting phone to Fastboot moda again
6. Open CMD as administrator
7. Go to folder platform-tools-windows as keying command
fastboot devices > check phone already link with PC
fastboot getvar current-slot > check slot is a or b, and my device show the slot on b
fastboot set_active a > change the slot from b to a
8. Back to extract file folder and keying command
windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
9. Auto reboot phone when finished and successed.

My phone was on slot b as well and i changed the slot to a. everythint went fine! Thank you!!

Success on Mi 11 Pro.

Flashed directly from 12.5.2 CN ROM to Weekly 21.4.22 by following the above process.

Thank you @D88411101 for the step by step commands, helped.

Stable 12.5.3.0 Xiaomi.eu released...

I didn't underestand one thing.
If I install this on a Global Mi 11 Ultra, do I loose carrier aggregation or any other network specific feature desigend for european carriers? Like some 5G bands etc etc....

I didn't underestand one thing.
If I install this on a Global Mi 11 Ultra, do I loose carrier aggregation or any other network specific feature desigend for european carriers? Like some 5G bands etc etc....

Things like 5G bands are hardware-bound. You'll not loose them by switching to another ROM :)

Reactions: Poney70
21.4.28 update Mi11 without problems

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-29-16-38-23-878_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-29-16-38-23-878_com.android.updater.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 227
Hi, for Information
i flashed my Mi11 Ultra China Version 12.5.2 direct to latest EU 21.4.21 weekly as well with this instruction below and it worked:

after bootloader unlock i did initial setup and factory reset.

C:\tmp\Xiaomi\xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_21.4.21_v12-11-fastboot\platform-tools-windows>fastboot getvar current-slot
current-slot: b
Finished. Total time: 0.002s

C:\tmp\Xiaomi\xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_21.4.21_v12-11-fastboot\platform-tools-windows>fastboot set_active a
Setting current slot to 'a' OKAY [ 0.034s]
Finished. Total time: 0.036s

D88411101 said:
Successed to flash 11U from 12.5.2CN to 12.5.2 EU and my step as below...
1. Login Miflash tool
2. Setting phone to Fastboot mode
3. Unlocked phone and reboot
4. Quick setting and makesure can login to phone
5. Setting phone to Fastboot moda again
6. Open CMD as administrator
7. Go to folder platform-tools-windows as keying command
fastboot devices > check phone already link with PC
fastboot getvar current-slot > check slot is a or b, and my device show the slot on b
fastboot set_active a > change the slot from b to a
8. Back to extract file folder and keying command
windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
9. Auto reboot phone when finished and successed.

My phone was on slot b as well and i changed the slot to a. everythint went fine! Thank you!!

Followed the steps to the tee for my Mi11 Ultra CN. Works perfectly.

I'm curious, do I still need to change the "fastboot getvar current-slot" to slot a. In order to sucessfully flash EU ROM on Mi 11 Pro/Ultra?
I didn't change the slot or anything like that, I just run the script file from the ROM package. But don't know if I was just lucky, or we don't need to change slots ??

Flashed from EU 12.5.3 to 21.4.28 on my Mi 11 Ultra CN Model with a full wipe. It's been a buggy nightmare. MIUI Logo stayed on longer than normal after flashing a new ROM. Finally booted up to set up screen. Froze and crashed. Had to reboot. MIUI Logo took another 10 minutes, then booted to recovery. I wiped from recovery. Tried to boot up again and it locked up during set up.

Finally just flashed the ROM again with full data format. When setting up the entire system crashed with "System UI not responding" just when I was about to pull the plug, everything starting working and I'm currently restoring from cloud. Seems to have stabilized.

Update: Several hours later now that my phone has cooled off things seem much more stable. I'm thinking all the issues were related to thermal throttling due to charging then flashing then charging. The build seems to be very stable.

Last edited:
Is the weekly less stable than the stable rom? I had some problems with dual apps and access to the storage. Switched now to EEA rom but I'm not happy with it. I only want a working dual WhatsApp.. don't know if it is a xiaomi.eu bug or a xiaomi rom bug. My fear is that in weekly are more bugs than this one I tried

I guess it's too late if you flashed a first time without checking the slot's value... :(

Can you elaborate on this please ? What values should I be looking for ? It was b, so I changed it to a and when flashing it was errors during the first couple of strings and then when it completed, well you know what's next :) edl services has been utilised twice now.

Can you elaborate on this please ? What values should I be looking for ? It was b, so I changed it to a and when flashing it was errors during the first couple of strings and then when it completed, well you know what's next :) edl services has been utilised twice now.
You tried to install what Xiaomi.eu ROM version?