[GUIDE][venus|star|mars] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI11 / Pro / Ultra

Yes. Once you install the Xiaomi.eu you can't get OTA as there is still no TWRP availalbe. And you need to run the script(s) every time in Fastboot mode. If you want to get OTAs you should stay on your actual version. No clue when there will be a TWRP available for Android 11.

This is what I do not understand to be honest (I'm simply new to Android/flashing/etc. (i was an iPhone user, so please be patient with me xD)): Can't I simply download TWRP 3.5.2 and install it? Why is it tied to the device? And how is the ROM then concerned. Maybe an overview to understand this would be really nice :D
Thank you so much for your help and sry for bothering you guys!

This is what I do not understand to be honest (I'm simply new to Android/flashing/etc. (i was an iPhone user, so please be patient with me xD)): Can't I simply download TWRP 3.5.2 and install it? Why is it tied to the device? And how is the ROM then concerned. Maybe an overview to understand this would be really nice :D
Thank you so much for your help and sry for bothering you guys!
You need a TWRP for each different phone model. They are specific and not "globally" useable. Right now there is no TWRP which supports Android 11. Only Android 10. And as the Mi 11 Ultra is using Android 11 it will for sure take more time until one is available. But I have read that they are on the good way and it is still WIP.
Think about the TWRP as a replacement for the recovery part of your phone. It is much more powerful and you will be able to format, backup, restore and also easily install new ROMs without the need of fastboot and PC. And because of all that it needs to be made unique for every phone model.

Reactions: HardCodedCoder
You need a TWRP for each different phone model. They are specific and not "globally" useable. Right now there is no TWRP which supports Android 11. Only Android 10. And as the Mi 11 Ultra is using Android 11 it will for sure take more time until one is available. But I have read that they are on the good way and it is still WIP.
Think about the TWRP as a replacement for the recovery part of your phone. It is much more powerful and you will be able to format, backup, restore and also easily install new ROMs without the need of fastboot and PC. And because of all that it needs to be made unique for every phone model.

Okay :D Thank you for the explanation :D When installing the ROM like in the Guide on Site 1 I will get a notification when a new version is available, right? :D So that I know when to run the script again.

Okay :D Thank you for the explanation :D When installing the ROM like in the Guide on Site 1 I will get a notification when a new version is available, right? :D So that I know when to run the script again.
You need to download the new version still onto your PC as only the Fastboot mode installation works right now. So if you are not on the weekly ROM you can check until an update is available (but not directly install it on the phone). Or if you go for the weekly version (like me - I find it absolutely stable for daily use) then you can check the website each Thursday evening/Friday morning and most probably the new version is already there for download.

You need to download the new version still onto your PC as only the Fastboot mode installation works right now. So if you are not on the weekly ROM you can check until an update is available (but not directly install it on the phone). Or if you go for the weekly version (like me - I find it absolutely stable for daily use) then you can check the website each Thursday evening/Friday morning and most probably the new version is already there for download.

But in the guide it says the following:

Update via OTA:
Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Which updater is meant here?

But in the guide it says the following:

Update via OTA:
Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Which updater is meant here?
That is the normal Xiaomi Updater (like the OTA one). But you don't get an OTA file but a full rom download which you afterwards would need to copy to the PC, extract from zip and run the script (as written in OP). The "automatic" download would also jsut happen if you select that updates should be downloaded automatically. So it is up to your preference.

That is the normal Xiaomi Updater (like the OTA one). But you don't get an OTA file but a full rom download which you afterwards would need to copy to the PC, extract from zip and run the script (as written in OP). The "automatic" download would also jsut happen if you select that updates should be downloaded automatically. So it is up to your preference.

Is this the updater you are talking about? :)

Sent from my M2102K1C using Tapatalk

Is this the updater you are talking about? :)

No. This one is just "extracting" the pure firmeware update from the actual ROM available. Usually has a size of around 130MB and is not a ROM update. Just the Firmware. And the script is also running on PC and not on your phone.
What was meant is just the "standard" Xiaomi updater you will also find as an app in your list on the phone.

No. This one is just "extracting" the pure firmeware update from the actual ROM available. Usually has a size of around 130MB and is not a ROM update. Just the Firmware. And the script is also running on PC and not on your phone.
What was meant is just the "standard" Xiaomi updater you will also find as an app in your list on the phone.
Okay, I fully understand this now :)

May I ask you which ROM Version you would suggest? Weekly or Stable? :) using the stable would mean one update a week on the PC, right? :)

Okay, I fully understand this now :)

May I ask you which ROM Version you would suggest? Weekly or Stable? :) using the stable would mean one update a week on the PC, right? :)

So if you want my opinion I would go for the weekly. As I wrote each Thursday/Friday a new version comes out with fixes and/or new features. I'm a flashoholic and like to have the latest. The stable comes out like once a month. So not much later but usually with fixes / features behind the weekly (of course).
Have in mind that there is still a risk with the weekly that something could break and it is not working 100%. Usually a day later comes a fix and you update again. Nothing troubling for me but just to keep in mind.

Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra (512Gb Chinese variant) successfully flashed from stock (un-touched Chinese)12.5.30 to latest XiaomiEU 12.5.40.
I was following this steps (Link) (Using ORIGINAL 67W cable)

PS: What I did additionally.
After bootloader unlocked (the phone will wipe everything by it self due to the process of unlocking bootloader) however after bootup I log in to MIUI account, after activated developers settings, I saw Oem Unlocking is ON and my phone is Unlocked.
I factory reset it one more time ! Log in to my MIUI account., activated developer settings., activated debuging mode, authorize devices to PC. Restarted to Fastboot.

(ADMIN)
cmd: fastboot devices (my phone is there)
cmd: fastboot getvar current-slot
current-slot: b

cmd: fastboot set_active a

Back to extract file folder XIaomiUE rom.

Press SHIFT and right click on windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat runs as Administrator.

DONE !

PS Little advice if your phone sending superimg 1/8 too long , just press Y.

GOOD LUCK

and OMG what a ROM !!! LOVE IT

Last edited:
This is how to fix 120Hz in youtube !!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210505_215738.jpg
    IMG_20210505_215738.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Can some explain me why it's possible to install custom ROMs on Mi 11 Pro and Ultra, but not on Lite 4G? I understand custom ROMs can be installed on Pro and Ultra via fastboot. Why that's not possible for Lite 4G?

Thanks for explaining.

Did anyone compare the camera apps + performance of the stock miui China with xiaomi.eu? Is it exactly the same?

Did anyone compare the camera apps + performance of the stock miui China with xiaomi.eu? Is it exactly the same?

I've used both extensively. I was actually very happy with the China ROM. However .EU Rom is much better in everyway and there is zero difference in performance.

I've used both extensively. I was actually very happy with the China ROM. However .EU Rom is much better in everyway and there is zero difference in performance.
Alright thanks. That's good to hear. The photo quality is also exactly the same right? I'm just worried that the image quality will be worse on the .eu rom vs miui china.

Alright thanks. That's good to hear. The photo quality is also exactly the same right? I'm just worried that the image quality will be worse on the .eu rom vs miui china.
I think the current EU ROM is a modified CN ROM, so you can expect a same performance I believe.

Also successfully flashed today. From CN 12.5.4 to Weekly 12.5.4. I had to change the slot from b to a at the beginning. I don't know if it helps, but it didn't do any harm either. Better safe than sorry

Reactions: Poney70
Guys, a curiosity about the VolTE service in Italy: is there any of you who use the weekly rom with the times active on the Vodafone network?
Because I don't even want to activate it from the network options.

How to install EU from Global?

Do i need the unlocked bootloader to flash EU on a global Device? The first page speaks from a unlocked bootloader when its a CN device..

How to install EU from Global?

Do i need the unlocked bootloader to flash EU on a global Device? The first page speaks from a unlocked bootloader when its a CN device..

Yes you need an unlocked bootloader period. Instructions are exactly the same.

Reactions: NiteC0re