[GUIDE][venus|star|mars] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI11 / Pro / Ultra

Hey guys, I'm probably updating from Chinese 12.0.22 to EU rom 22.2.3 tonight or tomorrow.
I'm not used to do such things with a phone, but read up quite a lot. Thanks already for all the info.

Extracted the rom, made sure to unzip the correct way etc... Will make sure to enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging again after unlock.

Anyway, some questions that would help me get it done first time right in stead of fidgetting and maybe get into trial and errorring and losing time :p

1. As far as the original flashing goes, is it necessary to do this in for example PowerShell? Or can the bat be run form windows as well?
2. I suppose it needs to be in fastboot mode hooked to the Mi Unlock app during the proces?
3. I have the habit of running the fastboot.exe in the Mi Unlock dir before opening the Mi Unlock app (when I check the timing I already know :D)
Is this necessary???
4. Do I have to run the fastboot.exe in the Mi Unlock dir and then go into powershell and activate the /windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat from the correct dir?

Just looking for some 'necessary' steps and how to prepare best.

Thanks in advance!
Xtof in Belgium.

probably a simple mistake: i get the Missmatching image and device feedback after running windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
and yes i checked for the correct rom: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11_21.2.3_v12-11-fastboot

So what am i doing wrong? Unlocked succesfully, i am on Chinese Rom MIUI-V12.0.22.0.RKBCNXM. Developer Options are showing Unlock Status unlocked and i also aktivated USB debugging again.
On my WIN10 device is shown in hardware manager as Android Bootloader Interface. I was running powershell as admin and tryed to run the .bat from C:

any ideas?

just tried this so at least i know my MI11 is a MI11
by the way it is 8GB/256GB

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot> .\fastboot getvar product
product: venus
finished. total time: 0.002s
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>

probably a simple mistake: i get the Missmatching image and device feedback after running windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
and yes i checked for the correct rom: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11_21.2.3_v12-11-fastboot

So what am i doing wrong? Unlocked succesfully, i am on Chinese Rom MIUI-V12.0.22.0.RKBCNXM. Developer Options are showing Unlock Status unlocked and i also aktivated USB debugging again.
On my WIN10 device is shown in hardware manager as Android Bootloader Interface. I was running powershell as admin and tryed to run the .bat from C:

any ideas?
Try using a short folder path
Something like C:\rom

Try using a short folder path
Something like C:\rom

actually now the skript worked, not sure why i just closed all other programs etc.
now the phone was restarting while also command window closed by itself and showed some MIUI Recovery 5.0 . I have 3 chinese options to click what do i need to do?

actually now the skript worked, not sure why i just closed all other programs etc.
now the phone was restarting while also command window closed by itself and showed some MIUI Recovery 5.0 . I have 3 chinese options to click what do i need to do?
Are you sure the installation was complete?
You shouldn't be booting to recovery
1st option = reboot
2nd option = wipe data

Are you sure the installation was complete?
You shouldn't be booting to recovery

i think it was not complete... not sure why but the command windows just closed while the phone was restarting. i was seeing some okays as the skript was running but appr. after 30 seconds it stopped and rebooted

So i guess i go to fastboot again and try again?

i think it was not complete... not sure why but the command windows just closed while the phone was restarting. i was seeing some okays as the skript was running but appr. after 30 seconds it stopped and rebooted

So i guess i go to fastboot again and try again?
Yes try again.
Use a short path
Use a different usb port (usb 2.0 recommended)

Maybe reboot your PC before trying again

Yes try again.
Use a short path
Use a different usb port (usb 2.0 recommended)

Maybe reboot your PC before trying again

ok, just tried again and i was already on usb2.0 and a short path. Skript was running way longer, i reached something like setting current status to slot A after some finished messages.

however phone rebooted and i am in Recovery 5.0 again...
do i need to just reeboot? or is it still not flashed complete?

Update: it rebooted by itself and now i see MIUI symbol, i think i just wait your 15mins and it might be done :D

ok, just tried again and i was already on usb2.0 and a short path. Skript was running way longer, i reached something like setting current status to slot A after some finished messages.

however phone rebooted and i am in Recovery 5.0 again...
do i need to just reeboot? or is it still not flashed complete?

Update: it rebooted by itself and now i see MIUI symbol, i think i just wait your 15mins and it might be done :D
Yea, wait Let's see how it goes

Yea, wait Let's see how it goes

booted, now doing the MIUI 12.5 intial setup so i everything is fine. Thanks for the help, maybe you add small pathes and usb2.0 to some instructions. i thinbk it was not the reason for my fault but still helpful. also the recovery should be mentioned. because that was a bit confusing :D

Reactions: geoorg
I managed to install and update the version of xiaomi.eu 21.2.3 and I am very grateful for the writing they put on this forum and for all the knowledge of you

Attachments

• photo_2021-02-10_13-22-52.jpg
    photo_2021-02-10_13-22-52.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 203
Unlocked after the waiting time.
Flashed MIUI-EU 12.5 21.2.3 in a breeze.

Good reading on the forum, tough some information is still scattered.
But hey... I learned some new stuff along the way, thankfull for that.

Does anyone have accurate info on 'relocking' the phone?
Various info is spread around the net, amongst it: it can not be locked again once unlocked, or you have to revert to original Chinese Rom again first.

Not sure if that's correct. Any info is welcome.

cheers!

IMPORTANT - About locking the bootloader:

You must NEVER re-lock the bootloader if a custom ROM - or a different ROM region than the original ROM region - is currently installed (or will be installed using MiFlash) on your device.

;)

Last edited:
yes it works, if the lockscreen is active
so this means, it does not work in a not wake up screen

like when you trying to ask google to navigates to work or home, you have to wake up the screen first?

that's seems pretty useless if you are driving, Hope they could fix it

If you drive, you use android auto. And you can use android avto from the locked screen, just to plug-in the phone. And then you can use assistant. So it's not that useless.

I successfully flashed my device following the guide from the initial post. Thanks alot for the great work. I´m quite happy with the user experience of this ROM.

It's same for all Xiaomi devices: You must NEVER re-lock the bootloader if a custom ROM - or a different ROM region than the original ROM region - is currently installed on your device. ;)

Thanks for this info Poney70! Clear.

Note to self... Do not. I repeat do NOT relock the phone...

Finally got my Mi 11 today! Very nice phone, quite light. Just have to wait a week now to flash the EU ROM.

Ive successfully installed eu rom 12.5 / 21.2.3. is there anything else i need to update after this build? Thanks in advance.