[GUIDE][venus|star|mars] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI11 / Pro / Ultra

Ok, so it works for me too when I don't hide the full screen indicator.
Once I hide the indicator it doesn't work anymore.

I guess I will just keep the indicator on?
You're right. As soon as I hide the gesture indicator, the swiping gesture no longer works.

Gesendet von meinem Mi 11 mit Tapatalk

Here's what I mean it looks like the bootloader is locked

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-15-13-53-10-200_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-15-13-53-10-200_com.android.settings.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 243
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes (if Netflix added already the Mi 11 in their "support FHD/4K" device list)
4. No
5. No, and OTA updates will be available if a working custom Recovery is released for Mi 11.

;)
Does MEMC work with apps like Netflix and YouTube or any of the AI features?

HI
I will order my Mi 11 (12GB/256GB ) soon and i will flash it to xiomi.eu ROM.
Now my question.
1.) What has to be done (somewhen) when i want to get the UPDATES via OTA?
2.) Do i just have to install TWRP?
3.) Can it be done without reseting my phone?
4.) Is it in principal possibe to change back from xiomi.eu ROM to GLobal ROM

thanks
harald

HI
I will order my Mi 11 (12GB/256GB ) soon and i will flash it to xiomi.eu ROM.
Now my question.
1.) What has to be done (somewhen) when i want to get the UPDATES via OTA?
2.) Do i just have to install TWRP?
3.) Can it be done without reseting my phone?
4.) Is it in principal possibe to change back from xiomi.eu ROM to GLobal ROM

thanks
harald
Hello! :)

1.) OTA will be available when a working TWRP is released for Mi 11. For now, you need to boot to fastboot mode then run the "update_rom" script (from the latest xiaomi.eu "fastboot" ROM version)
2.) Yes, when available... ^^
3.) Update is an update, it doesn't wipe your data
4.) Yes, use MiFlash tool with a Global "fastboot" ROM but read this (IMPORTANT) => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...aomi-eu-rom-for-xiaomi-mi11.59486/post-591478

;)

Hello! :)

1.) OTA will be available when a working TWRP is released for Mi 11. For now, you need to boot to fastboot mode then run the "update_rom" script (from the latest xiaomi.eu "fastboot" ROM version)
2.) Yes, when available... ^^
3.) Update is an update, it doesn't wipe your data
4.) Yes, use MiFlash tool with a Global "fastboot" ROM but read this (IMPORTANT) => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...aomi-eu-rom-for-xiaomi-mi11.59486/post-591478

;)

Thanks --- Just an ad on.
When i will install TWRP will then my phone be reset.... ?

Kowalski Analysys!

Guess we have a slight misunderstanding!?

Point 3, you will lose all data and settings changing to xiaomi.eu for the first time (not between updates)

4, everytime you change between .eu and global you will lose all data.

Have a backup and keep that in mind.

Regards.

Sent from my Mi11

Kowalski Analysys!

Guess we have a slight misunderstanding!?

Point 3, you will lose all data and settings changing to xiaomi.eu for the first time (not between updates)

4, everytime you change between .eu and global you will lose all data.

Have a backup and keep that in mind.

Regards.

Sent from my Mi11

This is clear for me, thx

Pls. just confirm that i will not lose data when i want to install TWRP to get the updates via OTA.

thanks

Nobody can tell me if the developer options are correct with MIUI 12.5, thanks. Previously, OEM unlock was not selectable, i.e. fixed unlocked

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-15-13-53-10-200_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-15-13-53-10-200_com.android.settings.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 171
Hi guys,
just received my Mi 11 8/1256 from Wonda and updated to 12.0.22.
Asked immediately for the BL unlock to install later EU rom.

In the meantime may I update to 12.5 beta and, from 12.5, follow the procedure described in the first page of this thread and install EU rom?

If yes, is enough I donwload 12.5 beta and I update from the "choose update package" from "my device" options?

Thank you.

Very nice, ok another flash for my wife's Phone Xiaomi 11 128GB, my one was special edition 256GB 12GB ROM, so the same procedure 7 days of await but very important step for someone who could have issues , I only suppose and don't say its the reason. When you unlock your device it is important to log in back into the phone and make sure you are UP TO DATE with original rom updates and you again enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging, because unlocking the phone will reset everything back, so I assume this might be the reason for those, who after unlocking without rebooting the phone and checking those things start to flash it.
So far here is the result:
View attachment 34901
All smooth as usual, no bricked devices nothing. Flashed successfully two Xiaomi 11 phones.

Thanks.

Reactions: theprovost
I really appreciate the great work of devs regarding eu rom. They are legend, with the bare Chinese rom the phone would be on the edge of usefulness.

There are still two problems that exist and derive from the Chinese base I'm afraid. One is the massive battery drain and the other is the accuracy of touches. Especially fingerprint unlock drives me crazy, the touch frequency should be 480 HZ but it acts as a basic touch solution from more than a decade ago. While the first finger grabs with unacceptable delay, the other is hardly recognized.

Does anybody else have such problems with the touch or it is just me? If former I would try to replace the original screen protection.

Otherwise, I'm dealing with an excellent rom getting better from update to update.

By the way: my new hard faux leather case - looks better than I expected...

Attachments

• p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 183
  • p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 180
I really appreciate the great work of devs regarding eu rom. They are legend, with the bare Chinese rom the phone would be on the edge of usefulness.

There are still two problems that exist and derive from the Chinese base I'm afraid. One is the massive battery drain and the other is the accuracy of touches. Especially fingerprint unlock drives me crazy, the touch frequency should be 480 HZ but it acts as a basic touch solution from more than a decade ago. While the first finger grabs with unacceptable delay, the other is hardly recognized.

Does anybody else have such problems with the touch or it is just me? If former I would try to replace the original screen protection.

Otherwise, I'm dealing with an excellent rom getting better from update to update.

I didn't notice any issue with the touch however my recharging period went down from appx. 30 hours to 20 hours.

Reactions: piskr
On developer options I had the opportunity to see the bootloader status and fixed OEM unlock button, now I don't have the ability to see if the device is unlocked and I can select OEM unlock. Why?

Reactions: 1647838042
Hi guys,
just received my Mi 11 8/1256 from Wonda and updated to 12.0.22.
Asked immediately for the BL unlock to install later EU rom.

In the meantime may I update to 12.5 beta and, from 12.5, follow the procedure described in the first page of this thread and install EU rom?

If yes, is enough I donwload 12.5 beta and I update from the "choose update package" from "my device" options?

Thank you.