How to Unlock Bootloader, Unbrick and Install correctly MIUI 11 on MI9T (9.9.26 to 20.1.21)

First of all, thanks for the autor, i was in stable xiaomi eu, and now last beta without problem (maybe a little less smoothly)

Hey man,

XIAOMI EU is based on CHINA BETA.

CHINA BETA is only for k20, so it's why he apparead like k20 :D

First of all, thanks for the autor, i was in stable xiaomi eu, and now last beta without problem (maybe a little less smoothly)

Thanks to you for follow my tutorial! :D
If you have smooth problems try to make a factory reset or reinstall all versions with a FORMAT DATA (Don't do a Format data if you don't have big problems, It's not a good idea if is not necessary because can cause a brick)

Hi! So happy to hear that my tutorial helped you! :)
Don't worry it's normal, Xiaomi.eu roms are based on China Rom, K20 and Mi9t are the same phone.
The companies are always trying to give a easy name for every place, so in Europe is Mi9T and on China is K20.
Like someone said, i notice too this "litlle lag", but battery is better than global. One more question, don't know why can`t flash twrp anymore, now if i press volume up+lock button goes to fastboot...Thank you for your help :D.
Edit: Working with greek twrp but i have a lot of folders on storage, strange...

Last edited:
Like someone said, i notice too this "litlle lag", but battery is better than global. One more question, don't know why can`t flash twrp anymore, now if i press volume up+lock button goes to fastboot...Thank you for your help :D.
Edit: Working with greek twrp but i have a lot of folders on storage, strange...

You need to find a usable TWRP version for miui11 and use the TWRP installer I put on my post, its easy.
Just find the TWRP image and rename it to TWRP.img, continue downloading the installer (Just go to the last part of the post where I say about change the TWRP version to continue), unzip and in the folder replace the original TWRP.img of the folder with the version you want to install. Start Install_Twrp.bat with your phone in fastboot mode and thats all.

If you install Beta version and it changes your TWRP version to Chinese is normal, just try to install other version if you want but I don't have any problem with that version.

Edit: Take care with that folders, don't know how to solve it yet.
If you are seeing a lot of folders with random letters, numbers... maybe you need to do a factory reset, but if is not a problem just wait for the next update, maybe solve it.

those strange folders i think have to do with the encryption.. that's why you format data after install TWRP i think

Hello, after clean update my Mi8 to xiaomi eu 9.10.10 I have got a brick(( My PC doesn't see my phone at all, I am not able to get to recovery or even fastboot. The phone identifies only in EDL mode. Can't flash via MiFlash with my mi account.... What should I do, help me please...?

Hello, after clean update my Mi8 to xiaomi eu 9.10.10 I have got a brick(( My PC doesn't see my phone at all, I am not able to get to recovery or even fastboot. The phone identifies only in EDL mode. Can't flash via MiFlash with my mi account.... What should I do, help me please...?
dont know exactly, but you can try flash some rom with EDL. go to the Mi 8 forum so someone can give you a link to download a proper rom

Try to reinstall all the drivers, try in other usb ports or computers if drivers don't solve it.
Not sure because I never had that problem. :/

Anyone tried 9.10.17?

Same steps as post 1 when going from stock global to EU 9.10.17?

For everyone who want MIUI 11 Stable. Just format (look in TWRP) whole Partition and then just flash the current Stable. Doing this makes it far easier than installing every ROM over and over

For everyone who want MIUI 11 Stable. Just format (look in TWRP) whole Partition and then just flash the current Stable. Doing this makes it far easier than installing every ROM over and over
you say directly after unlock bootloader, just have to format data and install lastest stable (miui 11) and works too ?

Anyone tried 9.10.17?

Same steps as post 1 when going from stock global to EU 9.10.17?
I updated the tutorial, It's the same.
Just install without wipe, you can do it with the Chinese TWRP, it is installed automatically when you install the 9.9.26.
It works for me :)

I updated the tutorial, It's the same.
Just install without wipe, you can do it with the Chinese TWRP, it is installed automatically when you install the 9.9.26.
It works for me :)
Ok was hoping I could go straight from global stable 10.3 to 9.10.17 when my unlock process takes effect.

Ok was hoping I could go straight from global stable 10.3 to 9.10.17 when my unlock process takes effect.
just in case, i'd sugget after you unlock install twrp and format data (remember to boot into recovery here), copy and flash lastest miui 10, format data again and then finally copy and flash 9.10.17.

For global stable to latest xiaomi.eu china stable, miui 11, how to install to avoid bootloop? Thanks

What is the Russian version of the TWRP in this zip?
There are a lot if diferent TWRP variants, some of them can cause errors installing some roms or updates. In this case I think I put the same TWRP version in the two files, but it's completely funcional, you can use it to install all the versions (to 9.9.26) without errors.
(If you mean the name of the file is (TWRP.img))

I have one dought please. After I do all the steps you said on tutorial, I can do a clean install with last rom 9.10.17, a factory reset without problems?
Great work you did.

Thanks!!!

I have one dought please. After I do all the steps you said on tutorial, I can do a clean install with last rom 9.10.17, a factory reset without problems?
Great work you did.

Thanks!!!
Yes you can do a Factory reset, it's 100% secure.
Thanks for you opinion :)

Yes you can do a Factory reset, it's 100% secure.
Thanks for you opinion :)
Very appreciated for your work and help.

Do anyone faced problem with sync app messaging with Mi Cloud? I have all messages on Mi Cloud, but when I do sync, it doesn't work.

Best Regards.

I just made this and worked flawless:

unlock bootloader (Follow the tutorial, including TWRP installing)
install twrp(rus that's in this thread) via fastboot (WITH .BAT FILE) and REBOOT TO TWRP (critical step) by holding power button and +volume, if not the rom will replace the stock recovery and you have to flash it again
format data and then reboot again to recovery
copy rom (i'm using weekly 9.10.17)
install
wipe cache

so far, no bug or nothing. everything works.. its a bit shorter than the original guide, if any wanna give it a try and dont want to download so many files hehe

Last edited: