Tutorial How To Update/upgrade Miui?

I was installing a theme, where it asked about rebooting for font replacement.
After the reboot, it got stuck at the new miui fireworks animation....

I then flashed 3.2.8 and since then it's not rebooting...always reboot to the 4Ext Recovery...

What can be wrong?

Hello, im trying to install a MIUI ROM on my Galaxy Note, Any MIUI ROM that is.
I have a 4.1.2 Android downloaded from internet before the official release.
I did the steps described above with 3.28. ROM and 3.2.1 ROM but i get the same errors.

I Rooted the Note with Exynose Abuse, and it worked, installed the ROM manager, did all the Steps, but when the Phone tries to open the Packages it makes an error and doesnt work.

Quoting from onscreen

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-N7000" ||
assert failed: getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-N7000" ||
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-N7000" ||
assert failed: getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-N7000" ||
E: Error in /sdcard/miuiandroid_GT-N7000_ics-3.2.8.zip (Status 7)
Installation aborted.

On the ROM download page it also says:

Notice: GApps are no longer included!
Below are links for ICS & JB. Please download for which version you have.
Please flash ROM, REBOOT, and then flash Gapps.
Do NOT flash them back to back! It will cause Home button not working..!
Jellybean 4.1.x : http://d-h.st/JTW
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.x : http://d-h.st/Gyk

Perhaps i must be doing something wrong, because im trying to update from the ROM that i have, beeing an unofficial Samsung build.

Will write after that the exact version of OS that is to get the MIUI ROM

I tried to do a CM ROM. It failed with the same message, so it must be something i am doing wrong, but what ?

Hey, I own a xperia arc s . My current MIUI version is 3.2.2 ICS, which I downloaded from MIUI.us . Now I want to update to JB 3.3.29. (Lt18i) from miuiandroid.com. I have downloaded the zip and flashed the given kernel. but while flashing I get an error regarding : assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "anzu" ||
getprop("ro.build.product")
Please Help!!

I'm trying to flash the MIUI ROM for my HTC EVO 3d but I'm always stuck in the Mi boot logo bootloop. Can you help me?

just flash to miui.2.12.21, using HTC IS, tried using OTA and recovery to upgrade to miui 3.X version, and both failed.
Can you help me out?

Hi all,

I have the following problems: i don't have an updater app as i don't have the folder "security center". Don't ask me why cause i just got this phone an I have no idea why i don't have that folder or app.
As the updater app was unavailable, i tried to install (using my pc cause my wifi doesn't work 90% of the time, only at home though, other networks work perfectly fine) the ROM Manager app. There was no backup found by the rom manager so i just picked one from them. When i try to reboot into recovery (after putting the zip file of the multi language rom on the sd card) it gives an error "an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands". The phone doesn't seem to be rooted. Normally, what i read around here anyway, you can just "put that on" using LBE guard in your "security center", which i don't have!
I got an Mi2s 32gb with MIUI-JLB13.0 (stable appearently because root acces is not available in stable version, i need to change to a developer version, HOW?) Android version 4.1.1 JRO03L

Can anybody please help me with a just as easy to use tutorial as described at the start of this topic to help me get rid of this nasty preinstalled version that creates errors in a lot of apps and doesn't work with my home wifi?

You don't have MI2S. You have fake. There's nothing you can do about that. You can't install any rom or update.

When will the OTA for the multilang be released? Or is that only for the English version?

I followed the normal updater app procedure. So from stock miui, to miuiandroid by choosing custom rom.
And ever since i get weekly "aries" updates(today the 3.7.26). But still i have the chinese voice assistant, and im not sure im really on the muitlilang rom now.
What could be the issue? And how can i check if im on multilang?

Sent from my MI 2S

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374984468981.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374984468981.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 356
You have to uninstall all those chinese apps letf manually with root explorer. You also have to delete data / media / preinstall_apps. If there is any other lang than chinese and english than you have multilang.

Odoslané z ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T cez Tapatalk 2

Hi. First, thank you very much for this tutorial. It helped me a lot and it is very well explained. You are doing a really great job. I upgraded mu HTC DESIRE HD from miui 1.5.20, something like that, and from an old android version, to miui 3.7.26 and android 4.1.2 JZO54K.
After I was done, the phone started to work, but a few messages appeared on the screen that the google ... is not working and press report miui or ok. After a few times doing this, the phone display went off and appeared the miui sign and stayed like that, no move anymore. Just Blocked. I took of the battery, put it back and pressed the down volume and power button for a hard reset ( i did that once, a few months ago when I tried to upgrade the system) and I pressed the wipe data/factory reset button and it started.

I thought that the system wasnt upgraded, just like my first attempt, but it is upgraded. I am so happy.

I have a problem. I don't find the Play Store app. I was looking all over the phone, but it doesn't exist. How can I put it back on my phone, I need it a lot. Especially that I don't have any app I need, just phone's apps.

I entered on my sd card on the APK folder and started to install some of the apps I had before from there, but I don't have all of them.

I need your advice.

Thank you so much!

Miha

Hi. After I did the upgrade, my phone is crashing more often than before. Can the upgrade be too advanced for my phone and not support it very well? I have an HTC Desire HD in Europe, but INSPIRE 4G in USA.

It is something I can do to fix that?

Thank you!

Thank you for this guide. I was wondering how to update and this was a good read.

i just got my hands on an M2S :D

can I flash 3.8.30 directly? do I use updater app the first time or MiFlash?