In Progress I9100|Geolocation Not working on 2.7.6

engeloded

Members
Feb 15, 2012
Hi,
Ive installed today Miui 2.7.6 and i have a problem with geolocation (according to Beautiful Widgets).
Beautiful widgets cant identify my area and every now and then im receiving an error regarding this problem.
Ive used GPS Aids (GPS Doctor) and replaced my GPS Conf file, which btw totally improved my gps lock speed, but still -im receiving those errors regarding the geolocation.
Any solution guys?

Thanks!

not sure if same (but it's similar) fbook messenger isn't adding location. problem started with 6.29 and is fine with 6.22.

i think i read somewhere that replacing networklocations.apk from earlier version, i haven't tried that yet.

not sure if same (but it's similar) fbook messenger isn't adding location. problem started with 6.29 and is fine with 6.22.

i think i read somewhere that replacing networklocations.apk from earlier version, i haven't tried that yet.
I confirm that replacing NetworkLocation.apk from /system/app makes it work :)

Thanks guys..
Ive download NDT Miui version and extracted the file, replaced it with the current file and it worked!
Thanks you.. ;)
Hope it may help others.

nice one. also confirmed here. 2.7.6 with networklocations.apk from 6.22 works.

Thanks guys..
Ive download NDT Miui version and extracted the file, replaced it with the current file and it worked!
Thanks you.. ;)
Hope it may help others.
Could u upload here some correct apk that u replace from ndt miui?
Like LBE and networklocation....

Having the same problem :(

@iBotPeaches
It's not a GPS problem, it's network location related.
Like i have already mentioned in my other thread, the problem could be due to Baidu location service opted as a default service from 2.6.29. That is what i feel is causing issues in location identification.

It will be great if MIUI android can replace baidu service with google location service as default.

Reactions: boxcarracer81
Got it working by changing networklocation.apk as well.... I also had to re-flash the LBE permission fix again....
I don't like all these problems.....

Guys,

Do I need to reinstall the rom in order to fix this bug?

** update: I found how to update the LocationNetwork.apk ... Thanks

It is not working in 2.7.13 either... my weather apps keep changing between my real location and Xanghai, China. It's funny and annoying at the same time. I don't think it's fair to make me change apk file in a zip for this thing to work... please fix it!