Is it possible to connect OTG and MHL together ?

Tomalony

Members
Jan 31, 2013
Hello,
i'v just ordered myself a brand new 32GB MI2 and i want to know if its possible to conect OTG and MHL cables at the same time (and if its possible what is the right way/order)

my goal is to use my phone as a computer (keyboard&mouse) while connected to a tv screen.

Thank you !

Tom

I don't think it's possible as of right now. Might not even be possible at all. It would require a MHL cable that also has a OTG port built in. But I'm not sure if it possible since the MHL cable probably uses all the port on the Mi2 can handle...

most bluetooth mouse & keyboard only connect to their own bluetooth dongle, but the wifi display is a good option ! i'l check it out thank you

No they don't, that's the beauty of blue-tooth. When pheripherals need dongles it's most likely radio-wave or infrared hardware.

Reactions: Tomalony
i'l look for a good bluet00th keyboard + mouse from a known brand & check it out.
if the MHL + bluetooth keyboard&mouse work i'l upload a video of it.

thanks !

I connect my mi2s with an MHL adaptor to my tv and a bt mouse to use it ;)
Dead easy to connect both devices, no setup at all. Just plug n play.
Only notice that the adaptor must be Galaxy SII compatible, since S3 will not work.

I connect my mi2s with an MHL adaptor to my tv and a bt mouse to use it ;)
Dead easy to connect both devices, no setup at all. Just plug n play.
Only notice that the adaptor must be Galaxy SII compatible, since S3 will not work.

I have bought an mhl cable, it is 4meters long so i can use my device to handle the menu navigation. The only matter for me is the keyboard, because virtual keyboard hides most of the available display. ;)

Go for a bt keyboard. I cannot see a reason why it will not work...
My bt mouse is a cheap one from eBay and works like a charm

btw Έλληνας είσαι? :D

Reactions: ganastasiou
Go for a bt keyboard. I cannot see a reason why it will not work...
My bt mouse is a cheap one from eBay and works like a charm

btw Έλληνας είσαι? :D

Φαίνεται πολύ εε; :D

Thanks, i am looking for keyboard + touchpad, hope it will work. :p