Locked bootloader and stuck in recovery mode.

BennybooT

Members
Apr 24, 2020
Hi all,

TL;DR
CC9 Pro (bought in China) stuck in MI Recovery 3.0 and reboot loops back to the recovery screen. Device is locked with the global rom. There is red text on the recovery screen which reads "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device." Does not matter which Mi account I use with Mi Unlock tool, it always gives an error. Cannot flash anything with the official flash tool either because the phone is locked.

Background of phone:
I was given a Xiaomi CC9 Pro Premium edition phone as a gift on 9th April 2020, which was bought in China (the person not realising it would come with Chinese apps and not work with google properly). I have spent the last 2 weeks working out how to unlock the phone and flash it with a global rom (Mi Note 10 Pro global stable rom), with eventual success. I tried installing apps and when it came to my bank app, it told me I had a rooted phone (it was never rooted) and that it would be risky to use the phone in that state.

What went wrong:
I attempted to relock the bootloader using adb tools in command prompt "fastboot oem lock". This then sent the phone into recovery mode with red text down the bottom stating "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device".

Current problem:
The phone is stuck in a recovery boot loop and I am unable to flash anything or erase any data to the phone because it is locked now. When I try to use the Mi Unlock tool I receive an error message stating a problem I cannot fix because the phone cannot boot into the system.
"Please add your account in MIUI Settings > Developer options > Mi Unlock status."

I originally unlocked the phone using my first Mi account I created, however when I tried to login to that account on the phone after unlocking it wouldn't work. I then proceeded to make a second Mi account which is the account currently linked on the device.

I am unable to check or change the MI ID on the phone. When the phone boots, it goes into recovery stating "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device." There are 3 options: reboot, wipe data and connect with MIAssistant. Reboot loops back to the same screen. Wipe data does not help. Connect with MiAssistant does not help either as I don't think my device is supported, it's too new.

The weirdest part about this is when I check on Mi Cloud, both the new and old account are linked to the device...

Help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Hi all,

TL;DR
CC9 Pro (bought in China) stuck in MI Recovery 3.0 and reboot loops back to the recovery screen. Device is locked with the global rom. There is red text on the recovery screen which reads "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device." Does not matter which Mi account I use with Mi Unlock tool, it always gives an error. Cannot flash anything with the official flash tool either because the phone is locked.

Background of phone:
I was given a Xiaomi CC9 Pro Premium edition phone as a gift on 9th April 2020, which was bought in China (the person not realising it would come with Chinese apps and not work with google properly). I have spent the last 2 weeks working out how to unlock the phone and flash it with a global rom (Mi Note 10 Pro global stable rom), with eventual success. I tried installing apps and when it came to my bank app, it told me I had a rooted phone (it was never rooted) and that it would be risky to use the phone in that state.

What went wrong:
I attempted to relock the bootloader using adb tools in command prompt "fastboot oem lock". This then sent the phone into recovery mode with red text down the bottom stating "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device".

Current problem:
The phone is stuck in a recovery boot loop and I am unable to flash anything or erase any data to the phone because it is locked now. When I try to use the Mi Unlock tool I receive an error message stating a problem I cannot fix because the phone cannot boot into the system.
"Please add your account in MIUI Settings > Developer options > Mi Unlock status."

I originally unlocked the phone using my first Mi account I created, however when I tried to login to that account on the phone after unlocking it wouldn't work. I then proceeded to make a second Mi account which is the account currently linked on the device.

I am unable to check or change the MI ID on the phone. When the phone boots, it goes into recovery stating "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device." There are 3 options: reboot, wipe data and connect with MIAssistant. Reboot loops back to the same screen. Wipe data does not help. Connect with MiAssistant does not help either as I don't think my device is supported, it's too new.

The weirdest part about this is when I check on Mi Cloud, both the new and old account are linked to the device...

Nothing to do as cure.
You are EDL mode because you relocked the BL with a non chinese rom.
You have to contact service people having EDL account allowed. A few buck to spend in order to recover from your mistakes.
Google around for: Xiaomi EDL account
sorry

Was able to fix the phone with the help of *spam*paid*service*. Was very helpful and instructed me step by step how to fix the phone. I had to open the phone and boot it into EDL mode with qualcomm drivers installed. He took over via TeamViewer and flashed with authorised account.

Was able to fix the phone with the help of *spam*paid*service*. Was very helpful and instructed me step by step how to fix the phone. I had to open the phone and boot it into EDL mode with qualcomm drivers installed. He took over via TeamViewer and flashed with authorised account.

Amazing. Glad you got it fixed! Well done @*spam*paid*service* !
I will need to flash the EU rom on my future Chinese Mi 10 Pro. Now I know who to contact if I make a big mistake :)

Hi all,

TL;DR

Background of phone:

What went wrong:

Current problem:

I have the exact same problem now and I am left with a beautiful green however bricked Mi CC9 PRO. Any updates on what I can do now?

CC9 pro?
You are in the wrong section because here we discuss the Xiaomi Mi 10 in all its variants.