big_challenge

Members
Jan 21, 2017
Hi all,
I wonder if for a locked Mi5s it is really possible to switch somehow from Global Stable ROM (V8.0.3.0.MAGMIDI) to Weekly EU ROM.

So far I read many guides on the web but I don't come to a solution yet, however I write down my experience hoping you can advice.

My first attempt was unlocking Mi5s via "Mi Unlock", but I obtained this error:
"Couldnt'n verify device - Current account is different from the account info on the device"
I suppose it is due to the Global Stable ROM: I assume that the unlock process is allowed just on official Developer versions.

Well, because of this, I tried to install China Developer ROM (version 7.1.20) and then China Stable ROM (V8.0.22.0.MAGCNDI) - while Global Developer ROM does not exist yet:
a) flashing them on Mi5s via "Updater" was unsuccessful (error: "Can't verify update. Couldn't verify update package."), maybe because crossing switch Global/China and viceversa is not permitted via "Updater"
b) the China version of "Mi PC Suite" recognized Mi5s and accepted ROMs as input to flash via Recovery, but refused to elaborate them
c) using "Mi Flash" directly in fastboot mode was unsuccessful, obtaining "Flash xbl error", because bootloader is locked

In order to bypass this locked bootloader issues while flashing via "Mi Flash", I tryied to apply two EDL methods:
1) "adb reboot edl" command while Mi5s is on, but Mi5s reboots itself without any effect
2) "fastboot oem edl" command while Mi5s is in fastboot mode, but it fails with "Need to unlock the device to use this command"

Anyone can solve this enigma, helping me in this attempt to switch from Global Stable ROM to Weekly EU ROM?

Thank you in advance,
greetings

Last edited:
Have you already been to miui dot com /unlock /apply.php (can't post a link atm) to request the unlock data from Xiaomi?

After many attempts, finally I got the SOLUTION following these three phases:
  1. on my locked Mi5s I could flash China Developer ROM (version 7.1.20) via "Mi Flash" just opening a "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" COM port with a home-made DEEP FLASH CABLE / ENGINEERING CABLE
  2. the step above was the key to unlock Mi5s via "Mi Unlock" (as I assumed, Global Stable ROM is not permitted in this unlock step)
  3. at this point, installing the last Weekly EU ROM was easy as pie! ;)

I've read some posts where ppl stated they could unlock with global stable... But until now i had no sucess.. barelly used my phone and already hating it because of all this xiaomi stuff.. Damn global rom doesnt even have my country...

You think the only way is using the deepflash cable? I've seen some tutorials but i'm not confortably making one or even buy an extra 25 bucks to buy one, as I saw on ebay

As far as I know, the only way to change a locked-bootloader Mi5s ROM from Global Stable to Weekly EU is following the method I described above.
For me, creating and using the deep flash cable was very easy, but I know it's just my subjective point of view.

I got mine from gearbest.com with a global stable rom (had asked them to not put their fake stuff on it) and was able to unlock it with MI Unlock tool without any issue. I only logged into my mi account on the stable rom, rebooted into fastboot mode and (obviously) got lucky: no verification issue or any other problems at all.

I have the same problem as first post.

Tryed:

- Downloaded Recovery ROM, and tryed to flash via updater. Got Cannot verify install package error.
- Tryed to flash in Recovery via MiPC Suite-- failed for some reason.
- MiFlash dont can use, because dont have unlocked bootloader..

From other side in official MIUI Bugs forum have tons of complaints about stuck at 50% error and still is not resolved.

Xiaomi Really really sucks !!! Disapointed.

I had the same problem. The only solution is to use the deep cable to install the dev china ROM by edl. After installing this ROM already fails to give errors to unlock the bootloader

Reactions: Dr.MTR
I had the same problem. The only solution is to use the deep cable to install the dev china ROM by edl. After installing this ROM already fails to give errors to unlock the bootloader
The problem is in xiaomi servers.. they sucks. check miui forum, are full with complaints about issues with bootloader unlock.

The problem is in the ROM and not in the servers. The global ROM is not allowed to unlock the bootloader. In the development options you do not have the option to unlock bootloader and the phone can not communicate properly with the computer in fastboot, being unable to verify the MI account that is connected from the device

The problem is in the ROM and not in the servers. The global ROM is not allowed to unlock the bootloader. In the development options you do not have the option to unlock bootloader and the phone can not communicate properly with the computer in fastboot, being unable to verify the MI account that is connected from the device
Yes i also noticed that OEM Unlocking option is missing from Developer options in phone. So is exist any way how to flash Xiaomi.EU from Global Stable 8.0.3 or?

The only way is to install the China dev rom with the deep flash cable and then unlock the bootloader. Or wait for a new version of the global ROM to come out and have that option

The only way is to install the China dev rom with the deep flash cable and then unlock the bootloader. Or wait for a new version of the global ROM to come out and have that option
I dont want to make homemade cables. Maybe is better to stay on 8.0.3 until 8.2 is released. Probably will allow OEM unlocking options.

Ordered Deep Flash cable from aliexpress. I hope so i can go out from this global stable and unlock my bootloader.

There is a possibility to flash without deep flash cable.
You need to install all necessary drivers especially Qualcomm.
Then you need to modify USB cable (attachment s)
Then you need to turn off your phone, connect the modified cable to phone and USB hub on PC.
If you haven't seen any reaction from phone everything is right.
After 10 seconds switch off cable from PC, "umodify" USB cable, and plug in again.
You should see Qualcomm device on 9008 port.
Welcome to EDL mode)
But don't flash current beta rom, flash 6.12.29.
Then in Dev options associate your phone with MIUI account and try to unlock if you already have permission.

Sorry fo my bad English)//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58cd69ad5cdbf/IMG_20170130_214316.jpg?
13d507b8e48690ae0dc969bc255cfd3d.jpg

Sent from my MI+5s using Tapatalk

Its not visible what you connect with what wires..
If phone isn't visible while connected with modified cable everything is right. You should wait 10 seconds and disconnect cable and "unmodify" it. Then connect again and phone will appear as Qualcomm device.
Also make sure you've installed all necessary drivers.

If phone isn't visible while connected with modified cable everything is right. You should wait 10 seconds and disconnect cable and "unmodify" it. Then connect again and phone will appear as Qualcomm device.
Also make sure you've installed all necessary drivers.

Can you post more detail photo where is visible what you have made with aluminium foil?

yes that is the solution: the goal is to connect the second pin from the left to the external metal body of the usb hub. It can be done with a little copper wire bended like an U that touch the second pin and goes out till the metal body (long enough to be easily removed and avoid the risk to left it inside the PC USB port)

yes that is the solution: the goal is to connect the second pin from the left to the external metal body of the usb hub. It can be done with a little copper wire bended like an U that touch the second pin and goes out till the metal body (long enough to be easily removed and avoid the risk to left it inside the PC USB port)
Can this be done using aluminium film that touches only second pin from left ? Can someone post image where exactly must be connected?

Done. Moved from Global Stable to China Develoeper, and unclocked BL.

ITFFs48.png

Last edited:
Can this be done using aluminium film that touches only second pin from left ? Can someone post image where exactly must be connected?
Yes you can use any conductor.
Follow this video
mDOTyoutubeDOTcom/watch?v=2xYBEg-AXjc

I used aluminium film, and make connection with 2nd point from left with other usb connector, and falshed xiaomi.eu build successfully.

Reactions: sacigio