Lollipop / Marshmallow

digitris

Members
Sep 27, 2015
Now that android m has started rolling to users around the world, not only nexus but even lg g4 is being upgraded right now, it bugs me that we are still stuck with a 32 bit os. We have been promised to get lollipop long time ago but nothing came of it. I wouldn't even have bought my redmi 2 pro if I thought it was doomed to remain on kitkat.

Is there any realistic chance we ever see a stable 64 bit miui for our device? I'll be happy with lollipop but marshmallow would be even greater.

Reactions: MadGK
I'll rephrase my original question and drop the "stable".

Is there any realistic chance we'll receive a 64 bit miui OS of any shape for redmi 2 2014813?
Thanks!

Reactions: cocoagoenx
Nah... I'm gonna say that this is NOT impossible, but don't get your hope too high about this one. As you may know, the Chinese manufacturer is not like Apple, they don't really care about the update. Fortunately, Xiaomi is one of the Chinese manufacturer that is kind enough to provide us with weekly OS update although the OS base is 2 generation older.

No. They are more concern with miui version than android version. Well, at least they patch stagefright. About 64bit, im not worry about it since i dont have more than 1gb ram. Even my laptop with 4g ram use 32bit linux distro.

Sent from my Redmi 2 using Tapatalk