Magisk 23 patched boot.img not working on 21.11.12 for POCO F3

spikespaz02

Members
Nov 17, 2021
I have flashed the latest MIUI 12 Weekly version 21.11.12 Beta via fastboot. I extracted the boot.img from the update package's images directory, transferred it to the phone, and patched it with the Magisk app. I returned the patched image to te computer, and flashed it to boot_a and boot_b with fastbot. When checking the root status with the Magisk app, the installed parameter is N/A. This method had been working on the previous three versions of the weekly for my device.

I have flashed the latest MIUI 12 Weekly version 21.11.12 Beta via fastboot. I extracted the boot.img from the update package's images directory, transferred it to the phone, and patched it with the Magisk app. I returned the patched image to te computer, and flashed it to boot_a and boot_b with fastbot. When checking the root status with the Magisk app, the installed parameter is N/A. This method had been working on the previous three versions of the weekly for my device.
try this…

This has not worked for me. I uninstalled the hidden app and flashed the patched boot again, to no avail.
there are two options. why did you flashed it on both partitions. flash it only on one and try if the patched.boot.img is working.

If you boot the patched image and it works, you should be able to use Direct Install in Magisk to patch the image in /boot. Then, next time you reboot, the device loads that image, which should be exactly the same as what you live booted.

# fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
# fastboot boot magisk_patched.img

Perhaps if you use the canary build it will help

# fastboot getvar all | grep "current-slot"
# fastboot --set-active=a
# fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img --slot=all

Last edited: