Messenger Lite - Camera Button Isn't Working

PooLee

Members
Sep 17, 2017
Hello there :D
I have to say that Messenger Lite is awesome alternative to his bloated brother. The same goes for Xiaomi.eu.
The only thing I miss is..... quick photo make'n'send :p

This button should open up your favourite camera app.
IxLDWXj.png

When I was using MIU8 Global Dev, things worked flawlessly (how can they not?).
Right after switching to Xiaomi.eu... guess what - it doesn't do anything :(
You can click as much as you want. Nothing happens.

I thought to myself "well, maybe it does need some more magical rights" and so I gave it everything it possible dreamt off... still nothing.

Pics for some of you not thrusting my dedication :(
h ttps://i.imgur.com/7u2dqgc.png
h ttps://i.imgur.com/kUhPi5l.png

I mean I still can send photos by just manually sharing them from gallery but...
Why do you ignore me, oh lovely button? ... I just want him to talk to me again :(

Is MIUI blocking option to start aplication from within another one? (Snapchat and normal Messenger doesn't use "Mi Camera", instead they implement it by their own)

Oh and if u know better alternative to Messenger Lite - share it with me please, I'd love to have even more battery time!

Cheers, m8's.

Reactions: coolpixs4
Hi there, i just realized i have the same problem. Is this resolved?
I can't find anything on google or forums and i don't want to use full messenger.. :/

Hi there, i just realized i have the same problem. Is this resolved?
I can't find anything on google or forums and i don't want to use full messenger.. :/

Nah, still no idea even where to start :/

Same here. If you dirty flash china developer rom on top of eu rom, without any wipes, camera button is working! Flash back to eu, again not working! And you can do it as many times as you want!
We would have to undo the option "prevent apps from opening other apps" as in en.miui.com/thread-1156096-1-1.html (sorry can't post links yet).

Me too, WTF ...I realized that I have the same problem. it is all working in the 'Fb messenger' but not work in 'messenger lite'.
. Is there any solution to be resolved?

Check app permissions..

Did you try it yourself? If it works, how you do it?

Clearly reproducable any time!
Start Messenger Lite, press camera button, nothing happens! Video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Get same version CN developer rom as eu rom. Dirty flash it, do not have to wipe anything, just reboot! Start Messenger Lite, and it works like it should! Video:
Flash back EU rom, start Messenger Lite, and again not working! Flash CN dev, working! And so on...
All permissions set of course, and with a dirty flash, all the permissions are the same, nothing changes during a dirty flash!
The bug is somehow caused by the CN developer -> EU rom process, it must hide there somewhere!

Reactions: coolpixs4
Did you try it yourself? If it works, how you do it?

Clearly reproducable any time!
Start Messenger Lite, press camera button, nothing happens! Video:
Get same version CN developer rom as eu rom. Dirty flash it, do not have to wipe anything, just reboot! Start Messenger Lite, and it works like it should! Video:
Flash back EU rom, start Messenger Lite, and again not working! Flash CN dev, working! And so on...
All permissions set of course, and with a dirty flash, all the permissions are the same, nothing changes during a dirty flash!
The bug is somehow caused by the CN developer -> EU rom process, it must hide there somewhere!
I can confirm that this is the issue of eu and ******** rom porting.
it's working fine in china and the original global rom, both dev and stable
however, the same rom number in eu and ******** (eu modification) have this trouble.

Still don't have any progress or solution ?

Last edited:
Hi, i flashed 8.4.26 on Redmi Pro (omega), i don't find that original rom anywhere.. Can i extract from some other rom for another device?
I found roms download only for Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm, Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm/Redmi Note 4X, Redmi 4X and Redmi 4A. I'm not sure if some services are different for other devices. :/

Hey buddy, try this mod version https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WSOfeKhgOx0HSqeE0QktBWJCNEQBX1jj
Now, click camera button it has some actions such as:
A notification show that : "unable to create new file, is storage full ? No application found to retrieving photo."

It seem that we have to find which apk is lacking in miui eu version that disable this button.

I have decomplie apk file to check which actions related to this button at :
Code:
</activity>
        <activity android:exported="false" android:name="com.facebook.mlite.threadview.view.ParticipantsActivity"/>
        <activity android:exported="false" android:name="com.facebook.mlite.messagerequests.view.MessageRequestsActivity"/>
        <activity android:exported="false" android:name="com.facebook.mlite.messagerequests.view.FilteredRequestsActivity"/>
        <activity android:exported="true" android:name="com.facebook.mlite.share.view.ShareActivity">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.SEND"/>
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT"/>
                <data android:mimeType="text/plain"/>
            </intent-filter>
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.SEND"/>
                <data android:mimeType="image/*"/>
            </intent-filter>
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.SEND_MULTIPLE"/>
                <data android:mimeType="image/*"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
Thus, the action click on this button located on: smali/com/facebook/mlite/share/view/ShareActivity

it is not has any action because the void V0 return is null due to a lacking of "No application found to retrieving photo"

May be it's a text system script file further than an application
============

This old version is working fine: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UmVgblNxK4IIyUUQHaDPA6PMcWRW9BT6
exception that it isn't have option to call & video call

Last edited:
On xiaomi.eu 7.1.2 works normally..maybe it's camera app name conflict or app location error. Who knows. Anyways thx for old app, works like a charm :)