[Mi 9] no Updates anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubyurek

Members
Apr 17, 2019
Ok i'm little bit shocked. The Devs from Xiaomi.eu ROM want to support the most Xiaomi Smartphones but the Mi 9 are not supported anymore? I mean the latest Patch was 10.2 and the Android-Security patchlevel is from 2019-03-01. That cant be your serious to stop to support the Mi 9 Smartphone?

Not their fault, they are doing enough to support beta to Android 10. Two choices:
> Go back to Official Mi Global Stable 10.2.12, June Patch
> Use Beta 9.8.22, August Patch

Well i dont want to change it because i want to have a clean MIUI. My problem is that other Xiaomi smartphones are supported more than the Mi 9.

Reactions: sergiomc
Not their fault, they are doing enough to support beta to Android 10.
It certainly is their fault but they never admit that, they are too proud. They assumed Mi9 will soon update to MIUI 10.3 so they dropped their support for 10.2. But xiaomi still releases stable 10.2 for Mi9.
Xiaomi.eu devs left Mi9 owners alone. They even wrote here that they don't care...

It certainly is their fault but they never admit that, they are too proud. They assumed Mi9 will soon update to MIUI 10.3 so they dropped their support for 10.2. But xiaomi still releases stable 10.2 for Mi9.
Xiaomi.eu devs left Mi9 owners alone. They even wrote here that they don't care...

Just use the latest beta you absolute donut

i mean, i dont know if your right or not about what your saying, but i do now its not a paid service so basically just be grateful.
You can use miflashtool and go back to the official global version, but i assume your not going to do that because xiaomi.eu its waaaay better.

peace

The devs know that we need the latest security patches and my opinion is that a effrontery, that they canceled the Mi 9 Support. The product is new and from this year. I can understand if they stop the support if the device would be over 4 years old, but the Mi 9 is only couple of months old...

Reactions: Gaspie
People just make mistakes, so devs make them too. Their assumption was that Mi9 would soon move into MIUI 10.3 so they stopped releasing patches.
But that was in March 2019 (!) and Mi9 china stable never went into 10.3, chinese still release ROMs with latest security patches (latest is China Stable MIUI V10.2.33.0 – PFACNXM).

Since then half a year passed (!) and numerous people here started to ask what happened and why there is no xiaomi.eu support for Mi9 stable. They were told that they should "blame chinese". When I pointed out that chinese still support Mi9 and asked for renewing xiaomi.eu support for it - all I got was pure hate. Not only from other users who told me to be grateful for a free work. The devs told me "who the hell are you" and kindly advised that I should leave.

That's basically the whole story. When someone gives you something for free you have basically no rights at all. They can take it back from you and you should shut up. And be thankfull, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: nienic
Our tools doesn't support MIUI 10.2 anymore.. as current MIUI beta is MIUI 10.5, 10.2 become very obsolete.. when there will be released MIUI 10.3 or 10.4 stable for MI9, we will release it also.. so go to miui.com and blame them there..

Your tools did not decide that they won't support MIUI 10.2 "anymore". You did. Your predictions as to china stable moving to 10.3 were simply wrong. How on earth should we blame miui.com? Should we cry: "Please update china stable to 10.3 or newer because xiaomi.eu devs decided to drop their support for 10.2?".

Too proud to admit that your decision wasn't that brilliant and you left Mi9 stable users with no support for half a year?

We’re talking about STABLE release here. Not weekly, developer, beta etc. with latest features, bells & whistles. We, stable users, don’t care whether 10.2 is obsolete or not. There were many china stable Mi9 updates for 10.2 since March the most important being security patches and bugs corrections.

You just effectively excluded Mi9 stable users from Xiaomi.ue community.

Last edited:
Reactions: nienic
OK, maybe the way I started this was wrong.

So, dear Xiaomi.eu devs, let me ask you again: given all unexpected nad extraordinary circumstances (Mi9 china stable still at MIUI 10.2, half a year with no updates from Xiaomi.eu, Android Q testing etc.) would you at least consider releasing Xiaomi.eu stable update for Mi9 based on latest 10.2 china stable?

I know it’s an extra effort. But this is not normal situation anymore. A great number of Mi9 users are wating for this. Please.

People just make mistakes, so devs make them too. Their assumption was that Mi9 would soon move into MIUI 10.3 so they stopped releasing patches.
But that was in March 2019 (!) and Mi9 china stable never went into 10.3, chinese still release ROMs with latest security patches (latest is China Stable MIUI V10.2.33.0 – PFACNXM).

Since then half a year passed (!) and numerous people here started to ask what happened and why there is no xiaomi.eu support for Mi9 stable. They were told that they should "blame chinese". When I pointed out that chinese still support Mi9 and asked for renewing xiaomi.eu support for it - all I got was pure hate. Not only from other users who told me to be grateful for a free work. The devs told me "who the hell are you" and kindly advised that I should leave.

That's basically the whole story. When someone gives you something for free you have basically no rights at all. They can take it back from you and you should shut up. And be thankfull, right?
Gaspie, you are kinda crazy .-.
This is a public community, you can obviously express yourself, thats fine, but your like demanding xiaomi.eu devs to do something they already said they cant but you insist, thats nonsense. you even got @ingbrzy to answer instead of blocking you.

When someone give something for free, you have the right to not accept it, and be thankful, not complaining, that was my point.

Reactions: perryano
I think you missed the point and obviously you're wrong. The devs never said they cannot do it. It's a matter of making their tools ready again for patching 10.2 ROMs. It's a lot of work as one of the devs already told me, but the Mi9 case is a lot complicated too. Half a year with no support.

I am grateful for what I got here even it's an ancient ROM from March '19. I'm kindly asking for renewing support for Mi9 stable relases. Maybe you're complaining, not me.

Sorry if I don't understand... will there be further releases of MIUI 10.* stable and MIUI 11 stable for the Mi 9?

Sorry if I don't understand... will there be further releases of MIUI 10.* stable and MIUI 11 stable for the Mi 9?
Think about it, Mi 9 its the latest mi flagship from xiaomi, im guessing they will not just forget to make a miui 11 stable version for it.
After all this funny discussion, what i managed to understand is that xiaomi didnt updated miui global version so, xiaomi.eu devs cant update it either.

(...) what i managed to understand is that xiaomi didnt updated miui global version so, xiaomi.eu devs cant update it either.
All wrong.
It has nothing to do with global version.
In case of Mi9 China stable ROM did not move from 10.2 to 10.3 or higher. In the meantime xiaomi.eu abandoned 10.2 hoping (predicting) that Mi9 will go to 10.3 soon. But it DID NOT HAPPEN for a half a year. When Mi9 Stable users started to ask what is going on xiaomi.eu devs simply blamed chinese for all this. Even that it was THEIR decision to stop support for Mi9.

Reactions: tammitom
Never tried the stable roms, But i am satisfied with 9.8.1.(Miui10.5).Google assistant is working properly and nfc payments also work.
Did not notice any strange things on this rom.
Currently i will stick with this version. Everything higher than this one ,there where some functions which did not work properly.
If a rom does not meet you requirements you are free to switch.As android 10 is still work in progress i am sure this will improve in the future.
Keep up the good work DEVS.

If a rom does not meet you requirements you are free to switch.
Thank you for kindly giving me that option and not directing me to hell ;)
However I never said anything about any rom not meeting my requirements. Also, I already switched from weekly to stable for my own personal reasons. Just as you have yours to stick with weekly - I fully respect that.

I want to be clear about one thing. I really appreciate the good work of the DEVS here, that's why I'm still on this forum. Their programming skills are fantastic. It's just one "strategic" decision of dropping support for Mi9 that makes me concerned.

Last edited:
Stop with complaints.
Last time I asked for something about the delay for newer stable MI9 rom, the moderator deleted the thread and told me to place a search on the download section.
He hadn't even looked at the thread's messages.

Stable version of MIUI 11 is coming for Mi 9
Don't be worry, just wait ~3 weeks top.

Sure. Chinese just released China Stable MIUI V10.2.35.0 – PFACNXM. Yet another Mi9 ROM xiaomi.eu won't patch.
Or, if currently there is less work (waiting for MIUI 11) maybe the devs will release it? It would be nice to have at least one fresh stable Mi9 ROM before moving to MIUI 11.

Last edited:
I only miss "OK, Google" and probably the dedicated macro mode in stock camera app from current EU stable, which can be overcomed by the dedicated assistant button. Knowing that it may jump straight to MIUI 11 in less than a month, I think I can live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.