Xiaomi Mi-Box Coming to an English UI!

MarkHUK

Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Hi everyone,

I know there is a lot of talk on the chinese and english official forums about making an English MI BOX UI (User Interface).

Good news! I've just received my MiBox sample from our partners ibuygou.com, impressive delivery speed via DHL and beautifully packaged inside the DHL packaging as well.

Here's some pics for you all. The great news is i am starting work on an English UI replacement, with or without the help of Xiaomi I am bringing this to the community! New MiBox forum will be opening soon as well for users to discuss this cool device!

Enjoy the photos!

ggMewQD.jpg

qzfZ1Gg.jpg

pWwuhcC.jpg

ttRZ3EJ.jpg

lxaDOSU.jpg

7QANTNZ.jpg

LZ9Sk4t.jpg

i didn't planned to buy it cause the localization...but now after your good news i'll change my mind =P

Awesome...dunno what it is but I want one :D

Seriously though, that might sway me!

I have some questions about this. I was thinking of getting it and then scrapping my old media centre that sounds like a lawnmower. Does this have the Playstore? How well does it render streamed media?

Hello!
what kind of CPU it has?
Thanks
google can answer to every questions

http://www.ibuygou.com/p-original_magic_xiaomi_high_definition_internet_tv_box-4629-usd.html

http://www.ibuygou.com/p-original_magic_xiaomi_high_definition_internet_tv_box-4629-usd.html
* WIFI: 802.11 b/g/n
* Frequency : 800 MHz
* Processor : Cortex A9
* USB : Micro-USB interface

* RAM : 1GB, DDR3 SDRAM
* HDMI : Standard HDMI 1.3
* Power port : 5V 2A input, 3.5mm
* Image formats : JPG,BMP,GIF,PNG
* Audio formats : MP3,WMA,APE,Flac
* Operating temperature : 0-35 degrees

* Storage temperature : -20 - 45 degrees
* Ethernet : RJ45, 10M/100M self-adjustment
* Video formats : MKV,TS,FLV,AVI,VOB,MOV,WMV,MP4
* Composite video : 2.5mm composite video output, support digital audio output

* Audio Kbps : MP3 64kbps~320kbps,WMA 64kbps~320kbps,APE/Flac≤1500Kbps
* Video code : H.264,VC-1,WMV-HD,MPEG1/2/4, 1080P@30 fps max;real7/8/9, 720P@30 fps max

I have some questions about this. I was thinking of getting it and then scrapping my old media centre that sounds like a lawnmower. Does this have the Playstore? How well does it render streamed media?
Hey! Right now there is no playstore but that's just a question of time. The movies I watched were all clear and looked awesome! Pictures from my Mi2 looked good to but not as great and clear as the movies. Movies I send through airplay from my iPad were also not as clear as directly from the box itself.

If you think about getting one, don't let the language be in your way. By the time you unbox it I'm pretty sure there will be an English version available. 加油Mark!

how and when can i get my hands on this thing. Looks sweet and the price is so right.

well never mind that i see the link above...might just have to get one of these keep us posted on your progress mark. thanx for doing this. Will this get weekly updates like phones? Does it run MIUI? What services does it have access to? Netflix? youtube? or just chinese services.

just order mine from ibuy, hope i can watch all the content with wifi and not to get "not available out of china"
thanks mark for your work, can you plz work on the mitalk app?

Hi everyone!
I wonder, if Mi-Box support Wi-Di?, i cant find any information about it..
I Just want to play games on my Tv from Mi2 :)