[MI2/MI2S][KERNEL] MiCore 010 for MIUI | Linaro | UV | OC

Ah okay sorry I made a big mistake downloaded the source instead of the kernel :( big shame on me, very sorry for that

Even suggest I am on FCR MIUI, do I need to install patch which many of above are talking? if yes where is that patch?

After downloading try to open Zip, you will find if it is properly downloaded or not, second it will show error if it is not downloaded correctly, then you have to download it again.
Just check md5

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

It works perfectly fine on Xiaomi Native Jellybean 4.1.1 QDT14. I wonder if it will breng me a lot more battery life.
Which apps do you reccomend on using in combination with this kernel? Now using trickstermod, will that give undervolting options when these are added to this kernel?

Thanks a lot to all who made this possible :)

Edit(M2S, 32GB):
Screenshot_2014-01-03-15-31-29.png

Edit2:
@redmaner : Somehow when I select GPU frequencies I can choose between 128,200,400 Mhz and 400. Shouldn't this be 128,200,300,400 Mhz? Does this have anything to do with the options available in the kernel?

Last edited:
In Wajk's ROM (stock kernel), GPU clock is the same. I think that the 400 after 200 is 320 not 300.

What's the right size of kernel zip file?
I downloaded a 21 kb file...

Inviato dal mio Xiaomi Mi-5f (f sta per fun,non per fan)...con tapatalk 26°

You have to suggest some setting on this kernel with Trickster MOD? thanks
Kernel already enabled recommended settings.
You could play a little bit, see if you find a better configuration for you.

Even suggest I am on FCR MIUI, do I need to install patch which many of above are talking? if yes where is that patch?
Patch is for WiUi.
If you remove init.d scripts you are safe.

It works perfectly fine on Xiaomi Native Jellybean 4.1.1 QDT14. I wonder if it will breng me a lot more battery life.
Which apps do you reccomend on using in combination with this kernel? Now using trickstermod, will that give undervolting options when these are added to this kernel?

Thanks a lot to all who made this possible :)

Edit(M2S, 32GB):
View attachment 7025

Edit2:
@redmaner : Somehow when I select GPU frequencies I can choose between 128,200,400 Mhz and 400. Shouldn't this be 128,200,300,400 Mhz? Does this have anything to do with the options available in the kernel?
GPU frequencies are stock, it's not a bug.
Nice to hear it's working on official AOSP roms too.
Trickstermod is recommended app at the moment.

What's the right size of kernel zip file?
I downloaded a 21 kb file...

Zip should be something about 6-8mb.

In Wajk's ROM (stock kernel), GPU clock is the same. I think that the 400 after 200 is 320 not 300.
Yes you're right.
Kernel already enabled recommended settings.
GPU frequencies are stock, it's not a bug.
Nice to hear it's working on official AOSP roms too.
Trickstermod is recommended app at the moment.
I'm sorry but I don't understand "the frequencies are stock", why would they put the option 400mhz in the app twice?
I remember using CM with trickstermod (correct me if I'm wrong) showing 128,200,320,400, for the Adreno 320.

Yes you're right.

I'm sorry but I don't understand "the frequencies are stock", why would they put the option 400mhz in the app twice?
I remember using CM with trickstermod (correct me if I'm wrong) showing 128,200,320,400, for the Adreno 320.
I haven't changed anything with GPU frequencies.
Default MIUI frequencies (stock kernel) is also twice 400mhz.

I can report an issue.
Theres a "crack" when listening to Music. Its happen sometimes, when screen is off. Its not a noisy crack, its like short stop/start of the music. Very short, maybe half of a second. Its happen on stock Music, when Dolby is on/off or when Viper is enabled. The music files are ok.

Can this be related to downclocking CPU when screen off? Long delay or something?
It seems to be happen some few seconds after screen off (often 2 times like 2 frequencies down..)

Edit: ok more "crackling" when listening to FLAC files. Like more power needs to be used to play FLACs and thus more frequent frequencies changes.

Edit2: No cracks on Interactive Governor :) So Intellidemand?

Last edited:
I haven't changed anything with GPU frequencies.
Default MIUI frequencies (stock kernel) is also twice 400mhz.
Ah ok, seems like that's a bug in Xiaomi's roms (Miui/AOSP) than, can not imagine why they would do it like that.. No logic in that.

@Acid: At what bitrate are your files? I did not have this cracking sound(VBR~200).

I can report an issue.
Theres a "crack" when listening to Music. Its happen sometimes, when screen is off. Its not a noisy crack, its like short stop/start of the music. Very short, maybe half of a second. Its happen on stock Music, when Dolby is on/off or when Viper is enabled. The music files are ok.

Can this be related to downclocking CPU when screen off? Long delay or something?
It seems to be happen some few seconds after screen off (often 2 times like 2 frequencies down..)

Edit: ok more "crackling" when listening to FLAC files. Like more power needs to be used to play FLACs and thus more frequent frequencies changes.

Edit2: No cracks on Interactive Governor :) So Intellidemand?
I don't have this problem, but I'm still on MIUI 3.12.25. I assume you are already on 4.1.2.
Was this happening on previous MIUI versions too?

@redmaner: Would it be possible to change the GPU frequencies kernel side? So that we have 128,200,320,400 as frequencies? Or maybe something around 300 if possible? Would be more useful to have more option available instead of two of the same options :)

Edit: Lol, we probably posted at the same time. What do you mean by "back to stock"? From my own experience I know the 320 setting keeps the UI smooth in every way, 200 sometimes is a bit laggy, that's the reason why I'm interested in this. I noticed the super-eco mode (which disables two cores, also makes my phone laggy, which I do not understand as I also have a Xperia SP, with S4Plus dual core and this phone never has any lag... really weird, cause they have the same cores).

@redmaner: Would it be possible to change the GPU frequencies kernel side? So that we have 128,200,320,400 as frequencies? Or maybe something around 300 if possible? Would be more useful to have more option available instead of two of the same options :)
See my quote, going to try

Reactions: RobinHood00
Hehe, like I said, we posted at the same time, you just a little bit faster ^^
Also edited last post hehe.

I'm following this thread now hehe!

Thank you. I installed a new kernel on WIUI 3.10.18 . I will watch over his behavior.

How's it going so far? Like you, I'm on WIUI 3.10.18 (my preferred version of WIUI). I know Redmaner doesn't recommend it, but I'm getting the best performance from 3.10.18 on my phone at the moment.

Thanks Redmaner for your kickass work!

Reactions: Lepi
Ah ok, seems like that's a bug in Xiaomi's roms (Miui/AOSP) than, can not imagine why they would do it like that.. No logic in that.

@Acid: At what bitrate are your files? I did not have this cracking sound(VBR~200).
It happens I think on high bitrate. I've tried on some ultra quality music downloaded from Baidu Online. It's 320 kbps.

For me xiaomi piston keys stop working!
Central key work in right way
Other two keys no
I can't calibrare them... Pushing them do nothing

And...
Where is init.d folder?
Does zip file flash init.d folder in system/etc?

Last edited: