[MI2/MI2S][KERNEL] MiCore 010 for MIUI | Linaro | UV | OC

No problem
Take your time

I've written about piston problem only to show to you

Inviato dal mio Xiaomi Mi-5f (f sta per fun,non per fan)...con tapatalk 26°

EDIT: could anyone try with other headphones?

Sorry for double post... Mobile problems...
Inviato dal mio Xiaomi Mi-5f (f sta per fun,non per fan)...con tapatalk 26°

looking forward undervolt! love you so much guys! prouder and prouder to belong to this community! :-D

Inviato dal mio MI 2S con Tapatalk 4

I think that those Piston buttons are working but are just remapped. Middle button gives pause, double click skips tracks. Single click buttons up/down doesn't work but.. holding them together gives volume up. So only previous track action is missing.

Wysłane z mojego MI 2

Reactions: xeGox
I think that those Piston buttons are working but are just remapped. Middle button gives pause, double click skips tracks. Single click buttons up/down doesn't work but.. holding them together gives volume up. So only previous track action is missing.

Wysłane z mojego MI 2
Interesting information

try rebooting yout router..
His problem is already fixed

Reactions: xeGox
I've tried the kernel for a couple of days and I'm very pleased with it. Thanks for the good work. I only have one problem. With 2g/3g the jus get sucked out of my battery :( I used it this morning only on wifi and it was a lot better, any idea?

Good luck with the last bit of your internship Redmaner

Thanks for the kernel. Tried on my mi2s, works good for the 1st day, went really bad on the second.70% battery drain from Android OS, 15% screen. battery lasted for around 5 hours only. The phone produce alot of heat, and no wakelock detected. lol. ill try to reproduce the problem again and report, as after i restart the phone, everything went back fine. hmm

The kernel works great for me. I have been using it for 3 or 4 days now and it's very stable and works like a charm. I did notice that my phone doesn't vibrate anymore when I get a notification (yes, vibration stuff is on). Does anyone else have this problem?

I've tried the kernel for a couple of days and I'm very pleased with it. Thanks for the good work. I only have one problem. With 2g/3g the jus get sucked out of my battery :( I used it this morning only on wifi and it was a lot better, any idea?

Good luck with the last bit of your internship Redmaner
Thanks! There will be some more network tweaks in the next release.
Hopefully that will solve some of your battery drains.
I don't have those batterydrains myself on 3G though

Thanks for the kernel. Tried on my mi2s, works good for the 1st day, went really bad on the second.70% battery drain from Android OS, 15% screen. battery lasted for around 5 hours only. The phone produce alot of heat, and no wakelock detected. lol. ill try to reproduce the problem again and report, as after i restart the phone, everything went back fine. hmm
Heating device sounds like CPU/GPU frequency scaling not right.
Do you use any custom scripts/settings or a custom rom?
If so disable those settings and remove init.d scripts and try again.

The kernel works great for me. I have been using it for 3 or 4 days now and it's very stable and works like a charm. I did notice that my phone doesn't vibrate anymore when I get a notification (yes, vibration stuff is on). Does anyone else have this problem?
Thanks! My vibration works fine for me.

what the fu** did you to my lovely Mi2s, it is not recharging. This Kernel is fu**ing AWESOME

I have no problem with battery drain, the complete other site, it is working for hours and hours

Reactions: redmaner
Thanks! There will be some more network tweaks in the next release.
Hopefully that will solve some of your battery drains.
I don't have those batterydrains myself on 3G though

Heating device sounds like CPU/GPU frequency scaling not right.
Do you use any custom scripts/settings or a custom rom?
If so disable those settings and remove init.d scripts and try again.

Thanks! My vibration works fine for me.

Yes i believe the same. The cpu and gpu probably went max all the time despite screen off. Bad thing i didnt have anything recording cpu usage that time, so idk if thats really the case. im on Miui 3.12.13 . I did remove mod script before putting the kernel in. lol really confused now :confused::confused:

After a restart, everything went back fine.. and hasnt act up yet.

EDIT : Haaaaaaa there you go! this is idle with screen on. (notice, nothing inside ram, no apps running... but look at CPU/GPU, and temperature!)

Screenshot_2014_01_07_12_47_52_1.png

Im going full clean reflash now. gahh!

Last edited:
Yes i believe the same. The cpu and gpu probably went max all the time despite screen off. Bad thing i didnt have anything recording cpu usage that time, so idk if thats really the case. im on Miui 3.12.13 . I did remove mod script before putting the kernel in. lol really confused now :confused::confused:

EDIT : Haaaaaaa there you go! this is idle with screen on. (notice, nothing inside ram, no apps running... but look at CPU/GPU, and temperature!)

Hmmm, do you have changed your energy mode in settings?
I recommend the normal mode, and no power saving in new security app

Do this kernels support the 1.7ghz speed without any. modification?

To be honest it hasn't my highest priority right now.

For Xiaomi Mi2S 1.7ghz is supported without any modification.

Are you going to release a version to overclock the MI2 also? :)

Also, afer isntalling your kernel my GPU is stuck at 400mhz even with CPU at 0%.

Last edited by a moderator:

Also, afer isntalling your kernel my GPU is stuck at 400mhz even with CPU at 0%.
Yes there will be an OC version for Mi2 as well.
And use another GPU governor, like ondemand

What Rom are you using tho? I'm testing out MiCore with WIUI and it seems WIUI has GPU running full blast pretty much all the time with OR without MiCore. I've tried doing a clean install and get the same result so I'm not sure it's the kernel.

Swyped from my Mi2S

What Rom are you using tho? I'm testing out MiCore with WIUI and it seems WIUI has GPU running full blast pretty much all the time with OR without MiCore. I've tried doing a clean install and get the same result so I'm not sure it's the kernel.

Swyped from my Mi2S
I use WiUi as well and I do not have a GPU problem (as far as I know).

Swyped from my Mi2S
I use the last MIUI rom. I will now try changing the governor

Yes there will be an OC version for Mi2 as well.
And use another GPU governor, like ondemand
thanks for your reply. do you think it will be possible to go higher than 1.7ghz?

Last edited by a moderator: