[MI2/MI2S][KERNEL] MiCore 010 for MIUI | Linaro | UV | OC

If you are not near wifi, turn it off (use for this eg. Llama), maybe it helps, and do a test again.

Hello peanar,

thx for your reply - i'll test it.

Today i collect data (BBS & WLD) with my normal usage.
Monday (same Location for corresponding results) with your tip.

Ha

This doesn't look good indeed, but this is not kernel or rom related at all.
I recommend you to use this app and see if there is something wrong:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector

Hello redmaner,

as attachment a bbs-logfile from this morning (now 65% accu left).

Usage:
no calls
only checked mails
install llama over mobile network

/Edit
found at xda developers for msm_otg wakelock

-> This ghost charging / wakelock is caused by damaged usb miniport. When I pulled connector down with needle ghost charging disappeared.

can it be my problem - a damaged/malfunction usb miniport???
/Edit

/Edit2
after pushed up a little the usb-connector tongue and reboot the msm_otg is gone (i monitor this for now). new collection following....
/Edit2
thx

Attachments

• BetterBatteryStats-2014-01-17_090306759.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Is it normal to have the phone heating to an uncomfortable touch? Been using MiCore kernel and temperatures are higher than previously noted.. Even with Moderate usage(browsing/whatsapp/light gaming) The temperature becomes so high that its uncomfortable to touch the screen.

Is it normal to have the phone heating to an uncomfortable touch? Been using MiCore kernel and temperatures are higher than previously noted.. Even with Moderate usage(browsing/whatsapp/light gaming) The temperature becomes so high that its uncomfortable to touch the screen.
I also noticed that when I was gaming, but I was using the standard MIUI kernel back then, so I don't think it's related to the MiCore Kernel.

Next BBS-log referring to the log from this morning

actually i need to recharge my phone twice a day and over night - without any special usage - strange!!!
thx

Attachments

• BetterBatteryStats-2014-01-17_130948697.txt
    18.3 KB · Views: 316
  • dmesg-2014-01-17_130949589.txt
    669.4 KB · Views: 298
Hello redmaner,

as attachment a bbs-logfile from this morning (now 65% accu left).

Usage:
no calls
only checked mails
install llama over mobile network

/Edit
found at xda developers for msm_otg wakelock

-> This ghost charging / wakelock is caused by damaged usb miniport. When I pulled connector down with needle ghost charging disappeared.

can it be my problem - a damaged/malfunction usb miniport???
/Edit

/Edit2
after pushed up a little the usb-connector tongue and reboot the msm_otg is gone (i monitor this for now). new collection following....
/Edit2
thx
Well your new logfiles don't show msm_otg wakelock.
I had this wakelock too on my ohter phone, battery was dead in hours. So that can be it.
If you shutdown your phone with usb-charger or usb DISCONNECTED, stays your phone off or is it showing the battery charging animation?

hi @redmaner and thank for your kernel :) i've a question, is possible to add many governor on your kernel? and the battery drain fast or is like miui stock kernel?

What is the positive side of adding many governors? You can only use one at the time :D

Battery should be better the stock MIUI kernel
yes i know, but i remember that in my galaxy s2 i've used interactivex that give more performance/batterylife

when i shutdown the phone with charger connected, the charging animation is shown after power off. without charger connected the phone stays off. the msm_otg is gone after pushed up the tongue in the plug. but after this the battery life wasn`t much better. i dont know what the problem is. at the second bbs log you see the battery life time after the msm... not even longer.
thx

Merged:
redmaner i forget to say: many thanks for your great work. the mi-world would be poorer without people like you

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: xeGox
yes i know, but i remember that in my galaxy s2 i've used interactivex that give more performance/batterylife
Every phone is different
With my galaxysplus the best governor was smartassv2
With your s2 interactivex
With my old huawei u8150 I had ondemandx

Now, according to @redmaner,, the best is intellidemand.

Is it right?

Sent from Xiaomi Mi-4s ( the "s" is for socks not for speed or special)...with tapatalk 26°

Every phone is different
With my galaxysplus the best governor was smartassv2
With your s2 interactivex
With my old huawei u8150 I had ondemandx

Now, according to @redmaner,, the best is intellidemand.

Is it right?

Sent from Xiaomi Mi-4s ( the "s" is for socks not for speed or special)...with tapatalk 26°
No intellidemand is not the best.
008m will be shiped with another default governor

Governors are diffrent for everyone.
Just like I like salted popcorn at a movie and someone else likes nacho's

Last edited:
Reactions: xeGox and oile
Hi can anyone explain the advantage of this kernel? How does it work and why is it a good things for my phone's performance and battery life? Thanks.

Envoyé de mon MI 2S en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi can anyone explain the advantage of this kernel? How does it work and why is it a good things for my phone's performance and battery life? Thanks.

Envoyé de mon MI 2S en utilisant Tapatalk
Read the first post...

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

when uv will be implemented, will it be controllable by setcpu or will it need a custom app?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4

when uv will be implemented, will it be controllable by setcpu or will it need a custom app?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4
Will be implemented in the next version.
No ETA.

Have no idea if setcpu supports my implementation