[MI2/MI2S][KERNEL] MiCore 010 for MIUI | Linaro | UV | OC

It won't be good as m1cha one since (if he port this) that's based on _4,1

Sent from my nexus 7
Sorry I only focus on MIUI

As @linuxx states, won't be a succes either
Need to base on CM11 kernel, I have no time for that

008m is now ofline due data partition mount problem for TrueDualBoot users
This will be fixed in 009.

Those who are already on 008 don't have to worry, 009 will repair the data structure if neccesary.

009m will be released soon.
009oc will be released later.
Umm...what data partition mount problem? I have TDB enabled with WiUi + MiCore 008 (incl. some enhancements)

New kernel is out 009

This release all about code efficiency
- Merged with mainsteam linux kernel, version 3.4.77
- Switched to Linaro 4.8.3 toolchain
- Cleaned the kernel
- Overclocking in a seperate version 009oc (which will be released later)
- Optimized ROW scheduler
- Improved mountpoint flags for faster read/write operations
- Support for TrueDualBoot

Make a backup with MIUI backup / CWM before flashing!
Download is in first post as always

Attention for TrueDualBoot users!
With MiCore 008 users who use TrueDualBoot got a factory reset.
Actually this wasn't a factory reset, your data is still there (if you didn't wipe your phone in the meantime).

If you restored your data with MIUI Backup your data is now in the wrong place.
It is possible that you boot with your old data (data before MiCore 008),
or if you wiped your phone in the meantime, you boot as new (so without data / factory reset)

If you don't mind that you boot in your old data (data before MiCore 008) it's recommended to remove the data which is now in the wrong place (see the guide).
And if you start as new, I assume you want your data that is now in the wrong place restored at the right place.
In MiCore 009 I implemented a set of tools to do the above two things for you.

GUIDE How to restore / remove data which is in te wrong place (TrueDualBoot users only!)
For every TrueDualBoot user (that had a factory reset) it's recommended to follow this guide. Just to be sure.
If you have the feeling you never lost data but the check says there is old data detected, just choose for remove.

1. Download Terminal Emulator Direct Download | Google Play
2. Enable root on your device if you haven't done this already (Security app >> Permissions >> Root access)
3. Open Terminal Emulator
4. Typ the following code:
Code:
su
sh /res/data_check.sh

If you have data in the wrong place (Terminal calls it old data) the follwing message will appear
#################################"
MiCore DATA check"
#################################"

MiCore found some old data on your /data partition"
You can do two things with this data"

1 - Remove the old data"
2 - Restore old data (replaces current data)"

Please enter a choice:
This message will not appear if everything is fine, or when TrueDualBoot is disabled

5. Typ 1 and then enter, if you want to remove the data which is in the wrong place
Typ 2 and then enter, if you want to restore the data which is in the wrong place

6. Your phone will reboot and remove / restore the data (depends on your choice).
Boot can take longer then normal.

when phone is rebooted, everything should be Ok.

Last edited:
The flash worked without a problem. No reset, no strange stuff. Run the .sh, choose option 1 and when it restarted it looked like a factory reset. Rebooted the phone, no change. So I simple used my backup (it's very very recent) and now everything is good.

Flashed 5 hours ago and testing. No problems as of now
Many thanks for your work :)

Hello, I flashed 009m and it works great but it seems that min cpu frequency in normal mode is set to 918 mhz and not to 384. Should I force it with a specific software? If so, what about of no-frills cpu control in app store? Thx

Hello, I flashed 009m and it works great but it seems that min cpu frequency in normal mode is set to 918 mhz and not to 384. Should I force it with a specific software? If so, what about of no-frills cpu control in app store? Thx
Minimum cpu frequency is dynamic.
That means it scales the minimum frequency up and down to operate properly.
Low (384mhz) for small tasks and when screen is off and higher (918mhz) when you use your phone a lot.

If you keep track of the CPU states you will notice 384mhz is used a lot as well. Even more then 918mhz.
So no you don't have to force anything.
Just let it scale itself.

Flashed 009m, and all my data is whiped! Damn it! I m using TDB and 4.1 AOPS in system 1 nothing on system 2 -__-

Flashed 009m, and all my data is whiped! Damn it! I m using TDB and 4.1 AOPS in system 1 nothing on system 2 -__-
See the release notes.
I assume you had a wipe before and restored your data with MIUI backup while you where on MiCore.
Solution is in the release notes.

Minimum cpu frequency is dynamic.
That means it scales the minimum frequency up and down to operate properly.
Low (384mhz) for small tasks and when screen is off and higher (918mhz) when you use your phone a lot.

If you keep track of the CPU states you will notice 384mhz is used a lot as well. Even more then 918mhz.
So no you don't have to force anything.
Just let it scale itself.

Thank you for your answer. Another little question: did you disable alarm when phone is off? MIUI has this feature but it's not working now. I don't know if it's kernel related or it's a bug in 4.1.24

Yes, i ve did it now, sorry, i didnt see your post. Well, i did the procedure and now all its back. I really appreciate your work, your kernel give me extreme battery life 2days with 4h screen time. Thanks again.

Reactions: redmaner
Yes, i ve did it now, sorry, i didnt see your post. Well, i did the procedure and now all its back. I really appreciate your work, your kernel give me extreme battery life 2days with 4h screen time. Thanks again.
Thanks dude, I'm glad it worked

Reactions: paulrlz
Autorotation not working.

Anyone else?
I didn't change anything except kernel. I'll see tomorrow if going back to 008 solves it.
Mi2s 32gb without tdb miui + wiui

EDIT :
Never mind. Seems My gyroscope and magnetometer got stucked dunno why. Reboot fixed it.
Sorry

Last edited:
Autorotation not working.

Anyone else?
I didn't change anything except kernel. I'll see tomorrow if going back to 008 solves it.
Mi2s 32gb without tdb miui + wiui
I don't think that's a kernel problem.

Thank you for your answer. Another little question: did you disable alarm when phone is off? MIUI has this feature but it's not working now. I don't know if it's kernel related or it's a bug in 4.1.24
Auto-rotation works fine here, just checked in browser

Ok thank you. If anyone of you is on 4.1.17 or earlier and micore, would you please try alarm with phone off? I could try it myself but I don't know how to flash only kernel.