[MI2/MI2S][KERNEL] MiCore 010 for MIUI | Linaro | UV | OC

Ok thank you. If anyone of you is on 4.1.17 or earlier and micore, would you please try alarm with phone off? I could try it myself but I don't know how to flash only kernel.
i had same problem few time ago, while I was still running v7 (not so sure actually, maybe already v8),anyway still not sure it's a kernel or miui issue

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4

Minimum cpu frequency is dynamic.
That means it scales the minimum frequency up and down to operate properly.
Low (384mhz) for small tasks and when screen is off and higher (918mhz) when you use your phone a lot.

If you keep track of the CPU states you will notice 384mhz is used a lot as well. Even more then 918mhz.
So no you don't have to force anything.
Just let it scale itself.
Is that true of the maximum frequency value as well (dynamic)? I have noticed it has a tendency to scale down, but I have yet to notice it scaling back up to max, even after intense gaming and really trying to work the phone.

This is a great feature btw, once working perfectly.

Swyped from my Mi2S

Hello, I flashed 009m and it works great but it seems that min cpu frequency in normal mode is set to 918 mhz and not to 384. Should I force it with a specific software? If so, what about of no-frills cpu control in app store? Thx
Use Trickster Mod if you really need / want to change it. It works great with this kernel and gives you a lot of extra stuff.

Reactions: dextructor
@redmaner, ur Kernel & work is superb bro. I am very happy with the results i am having after using ur Kernel.
Kudos to you. Thanks a lot.
May be if u r free & when you come to Koln, i would surely love to buy you a Beer !

Reactions: redmaner
thanks alot. Just flashed. Testing now.

good work !

Merged:
ok tested. UI speed up and noticeable!
Battery life had yet to test.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, i ve did it now, sorry, i didnt see your post. Well, i did the procedure and now all its back. I really appreciate your work, your kernel give me extreme battery life 2days with 4h screen time. Thanks again.

What settings are you use, which voltages are you choose?
Thx!

Can anybody post voltage settings for MI2S...and which app are you us for this (Trickster MOD?)?

Last edited:
What settings are you use, which voltages are you choose?
Thx!

Can anybody post voltage settings for MI2S...and which app are you us for this?
I don't know the voltage settings, but you can use Trickster Mod to change them.

Hi @redmaner ,
I did some tests about broken alarm when phone is off and it appears that MiCore kernel is not compatible with this feature.
I installed back 4.1.24 and everything was ok: when I power it off, my MI2S asks me if I want it to wake up for alarm; and it actually wakes up for alarm.
After installing MiCore (oo9m), neither it asks nor it actually wakes up.
I think there must be something in kernel source that enables this feature. Or maybe it is available only with original kernel and miui rom can check if kernel has changed.
Hope you can find the cause of this beheaviour since your kernel is great!

Last edited:
Personally on my pvs3 s600 chip, I couldn't complete an antutu @1944mhz without a shutdown. It doesn't matter how much voltage I give, it seems that cpu is not receiving more than 1125mv wich is my default voltage for 1728mhz (but can feed 1836mhz stable ) .
However antutu scores more or less the same as 1728mhz (uv 1075mv stable), I don't bother too much about cpu Oc.
Gpu OC instead could be interesting as this adreno320 is nothing fitting any expectation.
Redmaner, have you tried max_gpuclk in sys device platform kgsl-3d0?

Last edited:
I got 29627 points on AnTuTu at 1944MHz; my pvs4 snapdragon 600 is stable at default voltage (1150 mV), I didn't try to UV but I think I can go a bit lower since at 1728MHz it's perfectly stable with 1050mV.

y6yjavuj.jpg

By the way @redmaner excellent job with this kernel, with a little conservative tweaks I get two days of normal use with default battery.

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

On non of kernel:
battery life as first day
3.6 %per hour with minimal usage. Battery down noticeable during sleep

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-29-15-20-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-29-15-20-13.png
    84 KB · Views: 288
I did some antutu oc testing on the mi2. Using the max performance battery profile I get much lower result than using the balance profile. The lower value is caused a much lower multi thread value when using max performance.

Any information about it?

I tried more and more with antutu @ 1.7 on my mi2. I get very unconstintant results. Ranging from 16000 to 24000 without changing any settings. Do you know what could be the cause?

On non of kernel:
battery life as first day
3.6 %per hour with minimal usage. Battery down noticeable during sleep

I was talking of this kernel in general, not this particular version.
With 008m i had on normal/low usage 36 hours with 4 hours screen on time... Obviously you are free to not believe it! :p

Gpu OC instead could be interesting as this adreno3adreno3c20 is nothing fitting any expectation.

Performance absolutely enough for me, but You're right.
Here is source about GPU Overlocking from Faux
Initial 8064 GPU Overclock to 487 MHz (instead of 400Mhz)

but in my opinion MIUI kernel has more important bug with GPU control. Normal freq steps is 128mhz 200mhz 400mhz. But MIUI use 400Mhz 400Mhz 200mhz 128mhz steps. I tested with Trickster MOD. If I leave my phone without touch. Only one core online with 384mhz and GPU uses 400Mhz. If I touch my phone with four finger and I scrolling, almost all core back to online (this is normal), and GPU uses 200mhz and 128mhz freqs. I think this isn't good idea. If device need power, GPU uses only lower states.

Last edited:
Reactions: oile and Ansa93
I was talking of this kernel in general, not this particular version.
With 008m i had on normal/low usage 36 hours with 4 hours screen on time... Obviously you are free to not believe it! :p

no..im not saying i dun believe you. i gotta try myself oso. anyway i mixed ith Fly-On Mod
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2226373

will try to remve the mod after satisfied with current condition

I did some antutu oc testing on the mi2. Using the max performance battery profile I get much lower result than using the balance profile. The lower value is caused a much lower multi thread value when using max performance.

Any information about it?
Don't use the standard profiles when you use this kernel. It won't help, just decrease the power of your phone. Just keep it at normal/balanced and you will get the best results.

Re: Re: BUG REPORTS!

Update to 0.11.5 the bt issue was a kernel issue this rom and 2.6.34 don't go so well together in regards to bt

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Profiles are tuned for this kernel.
See post #2

Hi @redmaner ,
I did some tests about broken alarm when phone is off and it appears that MiCore kernel is not compatible with this feature.
I installed back 4.1.24 and everything was ok: when I power it off, my MI2S asks me if I want it to wake up for alarm; and it actually wakes up for alarm.
After installing MiCore (oo9m), neither it asks nor it actually wakes up.
I think there must be something in kernel source that enables this feature. Or maybe it is available only with original kernel and miui rom can check if kernel has changed.
Hope you can find the cause of this beheaviour since your kernel is great!
Problem with new kernel features from Xiaomi is that they are not open-source.
Xiaomi is not updating their sources, currently MiCore sources are more complete then the sources released by Xiaomi.
So I can't add support for this alarm feature, although Xiaomi can maybe.

Personally on my pvs3 s600 chip, I couldn't complete an antutu @1944mhz without a shutdown. It doesn't matter how much voltage I give, it seems that cpu is not receiving more than 1125mv wich is my default voltage for 1728mhz (but can feed 1836mhz stable ) .
However antutu scores more or less the same as 1728mhz (uv 1075mv stable), I don't bother too much about cpu Oc.
Gpu OC instead could be interesting as this adreno320 is nothing fitting any expectation.
Shutdowns means voltages are too low.
I'll increase the voltages in 010.
Have you tried higher voltages?

@redmaner what is your next goal for this kernel?

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk Pro

Performance absolutely enough for me, but You're right.
Here is source about GPU Overlocking from Faux
Initial 8064 GPU Overclock to 487 MHz (instead of 400Mhz)

but in my opinion MIUI kernel has more important bug with GPU control. Normal freq steps is 128mhz 200mhz 400mhz. But MIUI use 400Mhz 400Mhz 200mhz 128mhz steps. I tested with Trickster MOD. If I leave my phone without touch. Only one core online with 384mhz and GPU uses 400Mhz. If I touch my phone with four finger and I scrolling, almost all core back to online (this is normal), and GPU uses 200mhz and 128mhz freqs. I think this isn't good idea. If device need power, GPU uses only lower states.
@Wajk is right. GPU frequencies are curently not what it supposed to be.
I think Xiaomi implemented 2x 400 speed on purpose.
This way GPU is always at max speed = max performance.

My goal for next releases is to try to fix the GPU frequencies.

redmanner ,

you plan to add more governers in future?
No although next release will have an improved ondemand governor.

If I have performance control app, will it have higher precedence than the battery profiles?

Anyway, attached is a bit AnTutu screenshot from my MI-2S with:
  • High Performance battery profile
  • Location services turned off
  • Sync turned off
  • Quick boost first with Android assistant
  • SD card read ahead increased to 4096 with Performance Control
  • Some background services are still running though
It's higher than the first time I have this device (25XXX), and there was less apps running in the background.

Attachments

• 3VtnjvvY5WTtYOzblumlY9.jpg
    3VtnjvvY5WTtYOzblumlY9.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 299