Mi3

boojay

Members
Jan 9, 2013
vr-zone.com/articles/xiaomi-mi3-shows-up-on-antutu-scores-84000-score/20331.html

Specs sound great (as is expected of Xiaomi), but if the 4.7-5" screen is true, than my relationship with Xiaomi will be short lived and end with the Mi2. Unless they can keep the phone as small as the Mi2 or smaller, I won't be buying their products anymore.

My primary reason for getting the Mi2 was because I wanted a high end phone in a reasonable size, but if Xiaomi decides to dive into the phablet market like the rest of the players, I will leave them just like I did everyone else and seek another alternative.

Swyped from my Mi 2

Great post.

A 4.5-4.7" screen with a very small bezel would be quite ideal in my opinion, but accidental touch factors could arise.

I read on a site that leaked antutu scores for the Mi3 have hit 84000!!! That's immense as! If true though..
Snapdragon 800 and Tegra 4 SoC's are meant to score around 32000-38000, so I'm uncertain if it could be true or not.

All results in Antutu are online to compare with others. There's no such results on Antutu app. And more that screen with results? It's not from MIUI OS.

Wysłane z MI 2

It's almost like phone makers have completely ignored the fact that form factor plays an incredibly important role when it comes to people's preferences.

One of the primary reasons why the iPhone is so popular is because of its size. That's not to say they need to make androids that small, but it should be an option instead of shoving all these mega phones down our throats.

Swyped from my Mi 2

It's almost like phone makers have completely ignored the fact that form factor plays an incredibly important role when it comes to people's preferences.

One of the primary reasons why the iPhone is so popular is because of its size. That's not to say they need to make androids that small, but it should be an option instead of shoving all these mega phones down our throats.

Swyped from my Mi 2

I'm feeling it too man, I read an article somewhere about how the iPhones screen was made perfect to use in one hand, but it's unfortunate that the majority of today's society are beginning to prefer the size of bigger screened phones, hence big name companies such as Samsung and HTC are making a killing with sales at the moment of their newly released devices.

I used to completely dislike the idea of such a large screen, but new and upcoming phones are starting to overcome the oversize-in-hand factor by making the phones thinner, narrower by minimalizing screen bezel, and other features.

I also stumbled across concept photos of a next gen iPhone, which gives ideas of how a smartphone can have a larger screen while staying compact.
Everything is to scale too. au.businessinsider.com/iphone-6-concept-photos-2013-3?op=1#the-bezel-reduction-really-helps-the-phone-to-look-much-slimmer-10

Reactions: boojay
I would like to see a 5" screen xiaomi phone. Mi2 is still a killer phone and there is no need to update it for the next 2 years so why don't release a phone with bigger screen?

If xiaomi stays with the same screen size is like following the iPhone model and I don't like it at all... At the end why don't we have 3 or 4 different xiaomi models to choose from? :-D

I would like to see a 5" screen xiaomi phone. Mi2 is still a killer phone and there is no need to update it for the next 2 years so why don't release a phone with bigger screen?

If xiaomi stays with the same screen size is like following the iPhone model and I don't like it at all... At the end why don't we have 3 or 4 different xiaomi models to choose from? :-D

Here's the thing though, if you like a 5" phone there are already many available to you.

Swyped from my Mi 2

Here's the thing though, if you like a 5" phone there are already many available to you.

Swyped from my Mi 2
True, but I can't afford to buy them. And with the same logic if you like a 4.3" phone you already have it ;-)

True, but I can't afford to buy them. And with the same logic if you like a 4.3" phone you already have it ;-)

Name another high end 4.3" that's available on the market right now.

High end 5" phones are as follows:

HTC Butterfly/Droid DNA
Sony Xperia Z/ZL
Samsung Galaxy S4
LG Optimus G Pro
Oppo Find 5

And there are just as many 4.7" choices.

Your turn.

Swyped from my Mi 2

Name another high end 4.3" that's available on the market right now.

High end 5" phones are as follows:

HTC Butterfly/Droid DNA
Sony Xperia Z/ZL
Samsung Galaxy S4
LG Optimus G Pro
Oppo Find 5

And there are just as many 4.7" choices.

Your turn.

Swyped from my Mi 2
I told you about the price. Galaxy S4 in my country cost 740 € which is about 950 $ and about 1 and half salary so no, I don't have the option to buy it...

Also as far as mi 2s gets the updates (I don't think that MIUI 6 will only be released for Mi 3) and with the specs it has what exactly do you expect from an equal size phone? Even now it's smarter to buy a 32 GB Mi 2 than a 16 GB Mi 2s.

So what do you expect and what will make you upgrade from Mi 2 if the screen size remains the same?

if xiaomi is making their screen bigger, people will certainly buy it. For me 5" is still reasonable for screen size. I also favor 4.7" but 5" is really not that big you know. I will support xiaomi as long as they making a high end phone. For now, iam really satisfy with my mi2. Moreover, bigger screen is just the trend nowadays. I dont think it is quite an issue for 5" screen

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Maarva
The reason I, and many others like it, is the size and top end specs.

There is not another phone on the market that compares.

In 1 year mid range phones will all compete so, xiaomi so should stay with their winning formula and stay, 4.3"

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: boojay
The reason I, and many others like it, is the size and top end specs.

There is not another phone on the market that compares.

In 1 year mid range phones will all compete so, xiaomi so should stay with their winning formula and stay, 4.3"

Maybe a 4.5" 1080p (that saying it will be achieved sooner or later) with a smaller bezel, thinner body whilst maintaining a large battery, and 4G/LTE connectivity may sound good? :p

Maybe maybe... I would like smaller phone, thinner bezel, same thickness, larger battery but still 4.3" :)

Sounds like an amazing phone...I am relocating to Hong Kong next month. Hopefully it will release around August/September in Hong Kong. I will definitely aim to snatch one. Anyone knows release dates?