Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

Do you leave your device on full charge overnight or just during the day with partial charges then unplug? I realize my reboots occurred when charge was full, still plugged , idle.

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk
I have done complete charge during all the night and partial charge but always 100%

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk

Do you leave your device on full charge overnight or just during the day with partial charges then unplug? I realize my reboots occurred when charge was full, still plugged , idle.

Do you all always have your Mi4 rooted or have you also had reboots unrooted?

I don't honestly remember if I've had mine unrooted.

Patrick @ miui forums says that the dev team is still not able to reproduce this bug and said that they might need more help from us debugging this.

Me too. All reboots when charging, charge full and still plugged.
No reboots during the day with normal use

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: jc rey
I had reboots when phone was in idle state, charging, full charged and on battery...

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

Do you all always have your Mi4 rooted or have you also had reboots unrooted?

I don't honestly remember if I've had mine unrooted.

Patrick @ miui forums says that the dev team is still not able to reproduce this bug and said that they might need more help from us debugging this.

the main issue is that it may take one week to reproduce, so they must dedicate devices for that and let them run for days, weeks. If they update daily, they will avoid and miss it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gingernut
the main issue is that it may take one week to reproduce, so they must dedicate devices for that and let them run for days, weeks. If they update daily, they will avoid and miss it.

That's the problem with the beta team I'm afraid and by the looks of things they don't even listen to some of them.

Reactions: jc rey
That's the problem with the beta team I'm afraid and by the looks of things they don't even listen to some of them.
Now the info I have today on 2 devices, one considered unaffected, other considered affected:

+with miui6. 7.29, unaffected reboots while charging, battery was full-time plugged.
+affected under MIUI 6.8.4 reboots under exactly same conditions.

I cannot test both in parallel because of sim card needed.

Now affected runs global 6.8.11 +l speed 'recommended' +my decision, so it is now root as I think default 6.8.11 will reboot.
I could have rooted 6.8.4 anyway, if someone can test it.

6.8.11 reproduced reboot while charging, 100% battery, device stayed plugged reboot occurred sadly.

My last reboot 48 hours ago happened while I was trying to rearrange an icon on the screen..

Maybe someone can ask a dev to make some sort of a small logging app that can run in the background and gather the exact information they need to get to the bottom of this.

Hi, guys! I'm completely noob at xiaomi and recently bought a mi4 64GB but it reboots every 30-60 minutes...
I tried with official an xiaomi.eu roms but it reboots allways.
First reboot after flash can take 4 hours but after that, every 30-60 minutes even in standby mode.
Now it is installed MIUI Global 7.1.2.0 Estable kitkat 4.4.4...

This is driving me crazy...
Is there any solution?

No solution yet, apart from running 7.1.2.0 KK global. With MM the reboots are completely random and can either happen frequently or infrequently, it's totally weird.

Oh! Too weird...
Is there a kk rom with no reboots?
7.1.2 is super stable, no reboot for me.
Must is to miflash it, then do not OTA.
If you still experience reboots, that means your phone has a hardware issue and should be repaired.

JC Rey is a beta tester so he should have more contact with the devs than anybody, right????
no, 'global' beta test really does not open to much information, I am really weak on what is going on dev side. I have one more OTA on tuesdays that's all !
I provided them with latest findings and requested a debug app for this purpose. I am reinstalling global 6.8.11 with no root, default settings in case they come back with some debug software. The only thing I can do is open them my device, they could even remote control it I don't care as it is dedicated to tests and we need to move forward. Ball is in xiaomi camp.

Reactions: Gingernut
7.1.2 is super stable, no reboot for me.
Must is to miflash it, then do not OTA.
If you still experience reboots, that means your phone has a hardware issue and should be repaired.
Ok. I'll try to miflash 7.1.2.
I have one more question.
Would there be any problem with partitions? I tried a lot of roms, kk and mm, and I don't know if my partitions are merged or not :S

no, 'global' beta test really does not open to much information, I am really weak on what is going on dev side. I have one more OTA on tuesdays that's all !
I provided them with latest findings and requested a debug app for this purpose. I am reinstalling global 6.8.11 with no root, default settings in case they come back with some debug software. The only thing I can do is open them my device, they could even remote control it I don't care as it is dedicated to tests and we need to move forward. Ball is in xiaomi camp.

Have they said anything about making a better debug app for this case?

Ok. I'll try to miflash 7.1.2.
I have one more question.
Would there be any problem with partitions? I tried a lot of roms, kk and mm, and I don't know if my partitions are merged or not :S
yes you need special scripts to revert from MM to KK, there are discussions on the forum for that, no worry.