Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

If anyone already on MM is willing to try 7.1.2.0 KK global theory on merged partitions and flash via miflash, just edit the flash*.bat script (whichever one you use) and instead of system+system1 put just system, same for modem and boot and that's it nothing else no scripts necessary.
And package flashing should work without editing anything.

Here no cover and the smartcover mode is disabled, still rebooted though but only once while I was trying to drag an icon (could've been a glitch too perhaps). After that now 71 hrs uptime in balanced mode 7.5.1.0 global over 7.5.6.0 china. Also switched networks roaming to home and vice versa a few times.

Reactions: Gingernut
If anyone already on MM is willing to try 7.1.2.0 KK global theory on merged partitions and flash via miflash, just edit the flash*.bat script (whichever one you use) and instead of system+system1 put just system, same for modem and boot and that's it nothing else no scripts necessary.
And package flashing should work without editing anything.

This would be a good test to really see if the merged partitions theory is true.

Can't you just flash it with TWRP wiping all data?

two mi4 2/16, random reboot issue (once every few days) after getting installed xiaomi.eu dev with MM.

updated weekly from 5.12.17 to 6.8.11

Hello guys, i have a mi4lte 3/16 and i have app crash and reboots in every Rom i've installed, now i have the last weekly, 3 app crash and one reboots in a few hours. I have installed wipping all, so very clean installed, but its the same. Phone is stable 1 hour more or less if you reboot. Here i post the logs. I dont know if its a hardware problem but it seems to be.

Attachments

• system_app_native_crash@1471223448632.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 260
  • system_app_native_crash@1471223409374.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 229
  • data_app_crash@1471188449010.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
Reactions: Gingernut
Hello guys, i have a mi4lte 3/16 and i have app crash and reboots in every Rom i've installed, now i have the last weekly, 3 app crash and one reboots in a few hours. I have installed wipping all, so very clean installed, but its the same. Phone is stable 1 hour more or less if you reboot. Here i post the logs. I dont know if its a hardware problem but it seems to be.

You've had reboots even on KitKat?

Sounds like a deeper issue in your case, considering the amount of reboots you have and apps crashes. Although I've seen people reporting Whatsapp problems before on miui forums.

No, what would it change? I did fastboot with the latest global stable (mm), but same result.

It would revert the partitions back to how they where before, before the Mi4 had two system partitons and now it only has one.

We think it might be one of the reboot causes but we have no proof yet.

Look for a guide and flash to global 7.1.2 with fastboot, afterwards don't ota update to 7.1.5, and test.

This is the line you have to insert into the flash_all.bat file at the top before the first fastboot flash command line:

Code:
fastboot %* flash partition "%~dp0images\gpt_both0.bin" || @echo "Flash partition" && exit /B 1

Last edited:
No, what would it change? I did fastboot with the latest global stable (mm), but same result.
this version is known as stable, conversely all MM aren't. After miflash of 7.1.2, if you still experiment issues that means your hardware have some issues.

Ok guys, thanks, i will try it, im with twrp, if i flash in fastboot with Pc i dont have to reinstall mirecovery, right? Only take the global and fastboot, adding the line that Gingernut had said in the bat with txt before install. I've checked in miui global page but the only fastboot rom is the last stable... Do you have a link to 7.1.2? Thanks

Reactions: paxann and jc rey
Something possibly useful:

On Android, diagnosing kernel crashes often requires a developer to read the /proc/last_kmsg file, which stores previous kernel logs after a reboot. Unfortunately it went missing in Android 6.0.

It turns out that it was moved to /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops . It still works the same way as before (cat /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops will display the previous kernel log)

After installing the persist.img from KK, rooting the phone with latest supersu zip and installing the KK persist again my phone has now been up for 115 hours. All this on top of 7.3.3.0 eu stable flashed after 7.5.6.0 flashed via fastboot.
I don't know if it's just dumb luck or what... I'll keep you posted anyway.

Reactions: jc rey
Something possibly useful:
I dont understand, sorry man . One question, when i reboot or turn off and turn on again the phone, i press the multitask button and still the applications before reboot in background... This is normal?

I dont understand, sorry man . One question, when i reboot or turn off and turn on again the phone, i press the multitask button and still the applications before reboot in background... This is normal?
Those are not actually in background, that is just a recent used app list, just like in stock android M

Reactions: paxann