Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

Keep in mind xiaomi.eu "stables" are based on china dev roms. It's entirely different to official stables. Possibly not even the same version.

On my end we reached 200 hrs then 2 reboots in 2 days, so this is something completely random.

@Gingernut you said some guy reported reboots with KK on merged partitions?

Can someone please try this, flash KK on merged partitions? Personally I can't because it's not my phone.
If instructions are needed I'm happy to give them or just look at my older posts.

Yes exactly.

He rolled back from Marshmallow to the kitkat build he used previously without reboots but with the new merged partions, and had the same reboots.

This obviously has something to do with the new system partition layout, but I'm inclined to think that it's caused by the way we did the actual merge in the first place.

Last edited:
This kind of supports my 7.1.5.0 KK over MM partitions experience. I had reboots there too because that KK version was too big for ~600mb.

If someone is willing to try MM on KK partitions I'll be happy to strip a MM version down, but it would be left with the bare minimum, meaning no apps whatsoever. So manual install of miui apps and Gapps would be needed.

Even with this new release still reboots. Xiaomi, shame, you only think about producing new devices and does not solve such a serious problem. Xiaomi sucks

Reactions: jc rey
Even with this new release still reboots. Xiaomi, shame, you only think about producing new devices and does not solve such a serious problem. Xiaomi sucks
Also reported by beta testers that 6.8.18 is still affected.
In my case, it no more occurs since I installed 'wake lock powermanager', give it a try.

Did you let the beta team know also??
Yes, they know the testing. But honestly we cannot conclude, we should let it run for weeks while in beta team we must upgrade twice a week. I am missing an extra device for this long term run. Beta team in addition is well informed about bug persistence.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

So this means that MM doze mode is the problem? Or rather some app maybe tries to wake the phone up constantly and phone crashes.

So this means that MM doze mode is the problem? Or rather some app maybe tries to wake the phone up constantly and phone crashes.

Doze is disabled in Miui AFAIK and KitKat doesn't have doze.

Can somebody after one of these reboots check in /sys/fs/pstore for a ramoops file.

Hi everyone,
I have the same problem for a long time (since my Mi4 updates to MM, nothing new...) and yesterday, desperate about the random reboots, i've installed MIUI8 Beta... but since installed, it has rebooted 3 times already... I have read part of this discussion... but definetely i have the same issue (Mi4 LTE 3G/16GB).
I've just installed the application what you posted (Wake Lock - PowerManager), lets see if it works...
I read days ago that this problem can be solved by setting the performance mode... Did you test it?

Hi everyone,
I have the same problem for a long time (since my Mi4 updates to MM, nothing new...) and yesterday, desperate about the random reboots, i've installed MIUI8 Beta... but since installed, it has rebooted 3 times already... I have read part of this discussion... but definetely i have the same issue (Mi4 LTE 3G/16GB).
I've just installed the application what you posted (Wake Lock - PowerManager), lets see if it works...
I read days ago that this problem can be solved by setting the performance mode... Did you test it?
Keep is in touch with yours findings with wake lock app enabled.

I believe this is the opposite, I suspect some components maybe turn too much in deep sleep causing the system to reboot. This is my hope that a minimum cavity would be maintained by wake lock to avoid the situation.

Almost 10 days without reboots, full wipe, clear flash (no backup restore, configure it as a new phone) and no logged in MI account.

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

Almost 10 days without reboots, full wipe, clear flash (no backup restore, configure it as a new phone) and no logged in MI account.

Hi Zergio, What ROM? KK or MM? with Wake Lock app or no?
I ask you because 2 days ago i put in my Mi4 MIUI 8 (Beta) ROM and it reboot 3 times... Since yesterday i start using Wake Lock app and no reboots for now.

Can anyone with reboots try, set ivan rom partitions, ivan recovery and any MM miui? Ivan rom seems free of reboots.
Anyone want try?

I did a clean install last time.