Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

If you can do the test, do similar: install global stable 7.1.2 dual partition via miflash, accept the OTA to 7.5.1, install 6.8.4 via mi recovery and install TWRP + xiaomi.eu

I am 3 days on which is promising but still short..

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Gingernut
Has anybody tried installing a fastboot rom in emergency download mode (EDL)?

AFAIK the files are included in the fastboot image.
Yes I tried fastboot flash via emergency mode when I was using 7.1.5.0 KK, still reboots. I don't think there's a difference between normal fastboot flash and EDL, apart from that in EDL rom is basically forcibly flashed no questions asked.

Right now it's been over 50 hours on gf's 7.5.3.0 flashed over 7.5.6.0 china stable and no reboot yet. What's interesting is that the flash partition gpt (for merging etc.) parameters are present in 7.5.6.0 flash.bat script while a lot of other versions don't have that, even some developer ones don't.

My method otherwise is fastboot flash (always with flash partition gpt parameters), then reboot to system, then flash twrp, then complete wipe (cache, dalvik, data, system..), then a reboot back to recovery, then flash custom rom, then a cache/dalvik wipe and reboot to system. But I seriously doubt this way makes much of a difference.

The cleanest way imo would be to manually erase everything with fastboot boot, aboot, parititon, system, userdata, etc. then rebooting the phone but this leaves you blank completley and you have to do everything in emergency mode.

What a mess. Had no reboots for 20 hrs and suddenly my phone turned off while idle, no reboot, just turned off. Never happened before. On 6.8.4

What a mess. Had no reboots for 20 hrs and suddenly my phone turned off while idle, no reboot, just turned off. Never happened before. On 6.8.4
Oh my God. This worsens....

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk
Edit: 72 hours without reboots.
6.8.4 global developer but we need more time....

If you can do the test, do similar: install global stable 7.1.2 dual partition via miflash, accept the OTA to 7.5.1, install 6.8.4 via mi recovery and install TWRP + xiaomi.eu

I'll try the exact same procedure, i'll let you know.

Edit: at some point did you wipe anything?

Please, keep us posted...

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk

Done.

You need to edit the flash_all.bat and add this at the top so it's the first thing that gets flashed.

Code:
fastboot %* flash partition "%~dp0images\gpt_both0.bin" || @echo "Flash partition" && exit /B 1

How do you flash the old 7.1.2.0? When i try with mi flash it gives me an error with partition table...
I am using mm 2 kitkat mod scripts posted on en. MIUI. Com To flash the KK partition.
Also in addition, just did a twrp wipe cache+dalvic between global and xiaomi.eu, that's all.

I plan to downgrade my second work mate mi4, first one is super stable with 7.1.2 global.

So you think the reboots are caused by partition scheme or instead some KitKat leftovers are preventing MM to reboot? Ota 7.5.1 just changes back partition scheme to MM merged right? Wouldn't it be the same to flash via fastboot the 7.5.1.0 rom?

Last edited:
Yes it should be the same but if partition flashing isn't present in that rom's .bat then partitions would stay unmerged after flashing. That is if you're on KK still.

Always add the line in .bat with all fastboot roms it's the surest way to get partition compatibility.

The scripts were probably made so you don't have to fastboot flash and just use the updates.

I'm on 7.1.2 global with separated partitions and then flashed xiaomi.eu last kitkat img. 7.1.5 and i have no reboots now.
I would love to get back to MM, there's a way of flashing MM without merged partitions? And it's reboot free?

You would have to manually remove all the "unnecessary" stuff from the rom like browser, email, google stuff and various apps like that in order to make the system small enough to fit on a ~600mb partition, then it should work IMO.
Right now I'm not convinced there's a reboot free option. :p

You would have to manually remove all the "unnecessary" stuff from the rom like browser, email, google stuff and various apps like that in order to make the system small enough to fit on a ~600mb partition, then it should work IMO.
Right now I'm not convinced there's a reboot free option. :p

Thks, i'll stay in KK meanwhile.

Reactions: jc rey
It could be worth a try. These apps by no means have to be installed with system. Miui browser, email, etc. if you like them are all standalone apps I think and can be downloaded from either play store or miui.com.
And for google stuff you can install open gapps like xiaomi.eu does anyway.

It could be worth a try. These apps by no means have to be installed with system. Miui browser, email, etc. if you like them are all standalone apps I think and can be downloaded from either play store or miui.com.
And for google stuff you can install open gapps like xiaomi.eu does anyway.

Alot of Miui devices had to merge their dual system partitions to accommodate the growing OS size but why is the Mi4 the only one affected?

The Mi Note has very similar hardware to the Mi4LTE and has had no reboots before or after these system partition merges.

Does anybody know if the Mi3 / Mi4 3g share the same baseband/modem version as the Mi4 LTE?

My Mi4LTE has MPSS.DI.4.0-24feadf3

Edit: Maybe it's just me going crazy but all four cores of the cpu are being used now in 6.8.4, possibly it's like this in the 6.8.4 china dev rom only and in the global beta they are being capped.

Last edited:
Reactions: NOECUBI
Mi4 6.8.4 still ok after 96h.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk
Me too. I turned off mine on Sunday (low battery) and no reboots until today

fdec86cf33d953574e65d4605f9a0e5d.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

In the time that you haven't had a reboot have you installed/uninstalled or updated any apps?

Just read that somebody used their phone for a week without Sim card and had no reboots.

Last edited:
In the time that you haven't had a reboot have you installed/uninstalled or updated any apps?

Just read that somebody used their phone for a week without Sim card and had no reboots.
A while back I said that I had frequent reboots when I had bad network coverage... Maybe it's releated to radio, not just bad network signal.