Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

What bugs me is the randomness of the reboots. Sometimes more sometimes less often. For example my gf's phone didn't reboot for 4 days but today it did. I thought maybe because she doesn't have an alarm active on vacation that this somehow made a difference but no such luck.

If it really has something to do with battery/cpu temperature and downclocking the cpus when idle, this could be very problematic to fix, especially because of different brands of batteries and possibly other hardware in these mi4 phones.
indeed, I suspect things like this, some component too borderline in specs on some devices.

Good news.
I hope....

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk
at least 6.8.2 global beta I have no reboot since tuesday on 2 devices, but I need more time to confirm that.
will upgrade on 6.8.4 then ignore updates and let it run until there are news here. Not sure, is it only fixed in china rom or also global ?

Reactions: Gingernut
Good, I have it with kitkat have not tested 6.0 theme restarts mine is MI4 LTE-CU, restarts makes the two LTE-CT model.

Thank you

at least 6.8.2 global beta I have no reboot since tuesday on 2 devices, but I need more time to confirm that.
will upgrade on 6.8.4 then ignore updates and let it run until there are news here. Not sure, is it only fixed in china rom or also global ?

Was the beta group told what the problem was/is?

yes, for sure, I am member and reported it a while ago.

I meant were you told what the cause was of the reboots, as it has been supposedly fixed.

Edit: Fix - Avoiding reboots when Wi-Fi is off (MI3/4) (08-04)

Does this also mean when not connected to a Wifi network and using mobile data?

Edit 2: They've removed this fix on the official change log, or it has been reworded to something different.

Are the same fixes in global beta and China developer?

Last edited:
I meant were you told what the cause was of the reboots, as it has been supposedly fixed.

Edit: Fix - Avoiding reboots when Wi-Fi is off (MI3/4) (08-04)

Does this also mean when not connected to a Wifi network and using mobile data?

Edit 2: They've removed this fix on the official change log, or it has been reworded to something different.

Are the same fixes in global beta and China developer?
sorry I replied too fast. No we weren't told what the problem was.
At this point, even if this is a positive sign, we all need to test 6.8.4 for some time before saying reboots are solved. Other issues may still be there that we see what is reported in the spanish forum. I think we need to test in our different languages. I am installing 6.8.4 now.
Also, you can imagine the information is not much shared from xiaomi, communicatione tends to be 'one way only' ...

Last edited:
sorry I replied too fast. No we weren't told what the problem was.
At this point, even if this is a positive sign, we all need to test 6.8.4 for some time before saying reboots are solved. Other issues may still be there.

It's been reported by at least one user that he has had one reboot already on 6.8.4.

Also they modified the change log for 6.8.4

Reactions: glmusto
It's been reported by at least one user that he has had one reboot already on 6.8.4.

Also they modified the change log for 6.8.4
can you point the link of the user comment on en.miui.com ?
again , I ran 6.8.2 since its been released with no reboot, not bullet proof but promising.
now testing 6.8.4.

I've just had a reboot.

The user was the one from the Spanish forum.

you rebooted in 6.8.4 xiaomi.eu, not the global rom right ?
could be also that 6.8.2 was fine and pb is back in 6.8.4

let's see how it turns.

Last edited:
you rebooted in 6.8.4 xiaomi.eu, not the global rom right ?

How did you know?

Are there changes that go in global betas that are not in china dev?

Today's reboot was probably my fault anyway, I went from global beta to eu rom without wiping.

Last edited:
6.8.4 dev china (fastboot) updated to xiaomi.eu 6.8.4 just rebooted. No progress, problem is still there.

Reactions: jc rey
So has anyone had reboots even with miui battery optimization off?

Inviato dal mio MI 4LTE utilizzando Tapatalk