Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

Just looking over my last buglog seems as if the kernel keeps running through the night as logging is constant according to the time stamps.

System log is a different story and starts just after the last interrupt, the supposed reboot.

Maybe what we are seeing is some kind of soft reboot, not a total reboot like what you select with the power button, where the whole system dosen't get restarted but just the OS and kernel sub system keeps on running.

Yeah very interesting thought, kind of like a soft reset. I was surprised at the last reboot we had few hours ago, the phone was on the table whole time although we weren't looking at it I'm sure it would've caught my eye if something happened on the screen like a reboot logo or screenlock coming on.

Anyone seen an actual hard reboot on this phone? A reboot that wasn't buggy/incompatible app related.

Yeah very interesting thought, kind of like a soft reset. I was surprised at the last reboot we had few hours ago, the phone was on the table whole time although we weren't looking at it I'm sure it would've caught my eye if something happened on the screen like a reboot logo or screenlock coming on.

Anyone seen an actual hard reboot on this phone? A reboot that wasn't buggy/incompatible app related.

I've seen the MI logo appear when it happens.

Maybe if we tried a china dev with no Google apps installed for a while.

Also, as I've stated before, the only real way to get a log that captures this reboot is constantly loggin over usb through ADB.

Maybe somebody that has loads of reboots could test this?

I've seen the MI logo appear when it happens.
Yeah, the logo appears, it's not like a normal reboot because it does not turn off before rebooting. I remember to have read somewhere that soft reboots tend to not reset the uptime of the device, don't know if it's true.

Yeah, the logo appears, it's not like a normal reboot because it does not turn off before rebooting. I remember to have read somewhere that soft reboots tend to not reset the uptime of the device, don't know if it's true.

Well the system up time gets reset, you can check system info -- status

Maybe if we tried a china dev with no Google apps installed for a while.

Also, as I've stated before, the only real way to get a log that captures this reboot is constantly loggin over usb through ADB.

Maybe somebody that has loads of reboots could test this?
I'm just backing up current and about to install china stable 7.5.6.0 that I modded a bit but I need to install gapps unfortunately gf needs it.

Gapps incompability could very well also be affecting things. _mam _global suffixes and also google gms version etc.

Same observations here, big battery hit after reboot and my lock screen wallpaper gets reset to default.

That's the reason it's v4
I always get my custom wallpaper, and mine only reboots while charging.

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

I'm just backing up current and about to install china stable 7.5.6.0 that I modded a bit but I need to install gapps unfortunately gf needs it.

Gapps incompability could very well also be affecting things. _mam _global suffixes and also google gms version etc.

7.5.6.0 doesn't reboot?

How do you install GAPPS?

Is there a way to check 7.1.5.0 baseband without installing it?

By the way even if we conclude that that's the problem we can't fix it and we can't directly comunicate with the engineer working on it, so...

I'm on 7.1.5.0, baseband is MPSS.DI.3.0-0f11eecc

7.5.6.0 doesn't reboot?

How do you install GAPPS?
No idea if it doesn't, haven't tried it yet. But it probably does just like the last dev roms.

You can install open gapps after you flash the rom. http://opengapps.org/ here you can build your gapps for installing via twrp. Pico is the very basic option and it's also what's installed with xiaomi.eu roms.

No idea if it doesn't, haven't tried it yet. But it probably does just like the last dev roms.

You can install open gapps after you flash the rom. http://opengapps.org/ here you can build your gapps for installing via twrp. Pico is the very basic option and it's also what's installed with xiaomi.eu roms.

Yea thanks, you have to give google services full permisisions at first boot right?

Why go to 7.5.6.0 if it probably reboots then?

For exactly this purpose I was trying to find out if it has something to do with preinstalled gapps. :p

edit: And also because the current 7.5.3.0 autorotation doesn't work and I think the light sensor is also not working properly. Not keen on installing dev roms just yet and don't want to go back to an outdated miui version.

For exactly this purpose I was trying to find out if it has something to do with preinstalled gapps. :p

Ahh alright, but be warned that it's a nightmare at first boot, google services constantly crashes and you can hardly get anywhere.

My first plan, when I started with these reboots, was to do just the same as you but didn't get very far from first boot unfortunately.

Ok thanks for the heads up. I haven't tried something like this yet so I'm sure there will be plenty of problems :)

Ahh alright, but be warned that it's a nightmare at first boot, google services constantly crashes and you can hardly get anywhere.

My first plan, when I started with these reboots, was to do just the same as you but didn't get very far from first boot unfortunately.
Did you add the parameters to build.prop?
ro.product.mod_device=
drm.service.enabled=
ro.com.google.gmsversion=

In the time that you haven't had a reboot have you installed/uninstalled or updated any apps?

Just read that somebody used their phone for a week without Sim card and had no reboots.
Yes updated, installed, removed, used wifi, GPS in my car for hours..

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

....Justread that somebody used their phone for a week without Sim card and had no reboots.

Sounds possible for me. I had always ~1 reboot per day, sometimes every second day. This weekend i was in an area with bad to no mobile network and the phone bootet nearly every hour until i switched in flight mode. Back at home it's like before.

Reactions: giobooo
Personally I think this is the likeliest issue, something to do with network possibly even sim card reading.

Btw anyone know of a version where auto rotation works? I'm shocked to find that in official gloal 7.5.1.0 it doesn't work.

Also I cant get customized china 7.5.6.0 to work. Probably some chinese app needs to stay in the package but I don't know which. I probably debloated it too much. Anyone knows of some chinese service that absolutely must be installed?

edit: Just fastboot flashed official china 7.5.6.0 to test and screen rotation doesn't work either. Shouldn't this be a bigger issue?

edit2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-3/general/guide-fix-sensors-t3257448 anyone tried this before and can confirm it works?

edit3: Just tried it it works. But I used adb shell and no root necessary. Cool at least some good news.

Last edited:
I just realized that in the last flashing (full wipe, no backup restore), do not logging on MI account. It may have something to do with?

Yes updated, installed, removed, used wifi, GPS in my car for hours..

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk
Have you used your GPS for hours?
My mi4 was burning with the GPS last Tuesday and it can't locate property.
I will test it one more time...

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk