Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

What's interesting to me is how many people have long periods without reboot then all of a sudden more than one in a short period. Same thing happened to me. Now gf reports to me many consecutive reboots and almost getting worse, even 3 per day.

So what exactly could be happening, what happens with prolonged phone usage? Cache gets filled a lot for example, what else? And why doesn't a reboot help basically..

No

89a7b5b343e342eda1155eb1b4414248.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

Nice, keep on going, if you get a reboot please tell us.
I hope not!
Have you flashed the last official fastboot file before xiaomi.eu 8.0.2? Developer or stable?

Reactions: jc rey
Nice, keep on going, if you get a reboot please tell us.
I hope not!
Have you flashed the last official fastboot file before xiaomi.eu 8.0.2? Developer or stable?
No, from 6.8.18 via twrp

6.8.11 with all wipes (include data), no backup restore (configured it as a new phone) --> after a week, 6.8.18 --> and few days later 8.0.2

What's interesting to me is how many people have long periods without reboot then all of a sudden more than one in a short period. Same thing happened to me. Now gf reports to me many consecutive reboots and almost getting worse, even 3 per day.

So what exactly could be happening, what happens with prolonged phone usage? Cache gets filled a lot for example, what else? And why doesn't a reboot help basically..

Possibly something to do with bad flash blocks?

Data tries to get written to a bad block, but can't and panics, but this would surely be reflected in a kernel log output.

Flash chip garbage collection (trim)?

Kicks in every XX days but only in standby and causes a reboot stuck on a bad block, after the reboot it repeats the process again and again untill it fails and moves on?

Data tries to get written to a bad block, but can't and panics, but this would surely be reflected in a kernel log output.

Kicks in every XX days but only in standby and causes a reboot stuck on a bad block, after the reboot it repeats the process again and again untill it fails and moves on?
but bro, why kitkat 7.1 have no reboot issue?

Ivan rom after 3 weeks:
Just 1 reboot two weeks ago, it could be for many reason, so i consider this rom free of the ramdon reboot issue.

but bro, why kitkat 7.1 have no reboot issue?

Before the Mi4 had two system partitions. They had to get merged together so future updates could fit, this happen just before the Android 6 update.

I'm just guessing but when the two partitons became just one I suppose other kernel/system code configs need to be ajusted for this change and haven't.

Users state that with ZeurionX kernel they don't get reboots, has this been tested?

Before the Mi4 had two system partitions. They had to get merged together so future updates could fit, this happen just before the Android 6 update.

I'm just guessing but when the two partitons became just one I suppose other kernel/system code configs need to be ajusted for this change and haven't.

Users state that with ZeurionX kernel they don't get reboots, has this been tested?
bro im using 7.1.5 china stable with one-merged-system-parition and no reboot issue happened. so weird.

There are users that downgraded to 7.1.5 and one system partition and have reboots.

Have you had android 6 on our phone?
Also the fact that with wake lock app no reboot so far. So it is also possible that the problem is there in kk also but not toggled due to different power savings.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

Yeah my initial suspicions were something to this effect as well, something wants to get written/dumped and fails then tries again until it can skip it.

Also the fact that with wake lock app no reboot so far. So it is also possible that the problem is there in kk also but not toggled due to different power savings.

This is so interesting, we kind of never considered that maybe the same problem exists in KK too but due to such a different power management in MM it never manifests itself as a reboot.

Anyway my next test will be to manually erase everything with fastboot sort of a reverse flashall.bat but I'll include partition, persist, etc. and do a reboot then a blank flash via emergency mode but also manually.

Reactions: Gingernut
Yeah my initial suspicions were something to this effect as well, something wants to get written/dumped and fails then tries again until it can skip it.

This is so interesting, we kind of never considered that maybe the same problem exists in KK too but due to such a different power management in MM it never manifests itself as a reboot.

Anyway my next test will be to manually erase everything with fastboot sort of a reverse flashall.bat but I'll include partition, persist, etc. and do a reboot then a blank flash via emergency mode but also manually.

Did you try ZeurionX kernel?

Hi,
I'm using 7.5.3, and ever since I installed "wake lock app" (144h), had no reboots.
The longest period with no reboots in a few months!

Hey...
I'm using miui.eu 8.0.2.0, and since I installed "wake lock app", had no reboots for 114h. Before i'm using the "wake lock app“, only 48h and my mi4 got reboot.

Ok, I will try the kernel, hope other users will still append progress with wake lock app in the meantime.

How install it?

How install it?

Root... Flashify.. Save current... Generate twrp to flash new... And go. Visible after on about phone.
Then I used kernel adaptor to disable wake double tap as recommended. No reboot since 30 minutes