Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

I just got another reboot on 8.0.2.

I have found on my phone report after cauch the reboot, this line:
<6>[ 1.531909] qcom,qpnp-power-on qpnp-power-on-f613ee00: PMIC@SID0: Power-off reason: Triggered from PMIC_WD (PMIC watchdog)

Can be useful?

EDIT:

Found:

msm: qpnp-power-on: print the power off reason

The PMIC power off reason is often very useful for debugging. By
printing the power off reason, testers can tell whether a shutdown
was a normal controlled shutdown by the MSM or a unexpected PMIC
shutdown.

Maybe send the log to those MIUI devs? Although it seems to be a kernel problem, not sure whether they'll want to deal with it.

Reactions: jc rey
Just a small update from my side. Erased with fastboot everything that gets flashed in emergency mode with rawprogram0.xml. Rebooted to blank then emergency mode rom flash, then straight to fastboot, flashed twrp, booted to twrp, complete wipe and flashed .eu rom. Got a reboot within less than 24 hrs so that's that for this test. :)
I did however lose around 2gb's of free space somehow? If memory serves there's around 11gb of internal storage with MM right? I was left with about 9gb for some reason, didn't really go checking into it though.

So I guess my next step is the wake lock app. How many reboots reported with this app til now?

Reactions: Applepie2
Past 75 hours of active use with wake lock, yet no reboot .. I would try to turn off to see what happens in a maximum of three days, .. appearance updates from xiaomi

360hr

7c348bb7c42840ef9e4c6cea853a18d2.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk

im using my phone a lot and i got more or less the same battery life, maybe just 20min less or 30

edit: small update, still no reboot, getting close to 300hr now

Just a small update from my side. Erased with fastboot everything that gets flashed in emergency mode with rawprogram0.xml. Rebooted to blank then emergency mode rom flash, then straight to fastboot, flashed twrp, booted to twrp, complete wipe and flashed .eu rom. Got a reboot within less than 24 hrs so that's that for this test. :)
I did however lose around 2gb's of free space somehow? If memory serves there's around 11gb of internal storage with MM right? I was left with about 9gb for some reason, didn't really go checking into it though.

So I guess my next step is the wake lock app. How many reboots reported with this app til now?
since im using the wake lock app, no reboots.

Mine about 115 hours without reboot by using wake lock manager, still tracking... a little bit of draining battery but it's ok no need to worry, it's about ~3-5% battery per day with normal using.

Thanks for answers.How to use this app?Does it affect from cleaning all apps or closing it?Should i lock it through task manager?

On my side I now tried sMiui. I erased everything again with fastboot and additionally erased everything in /dev/block through adb shell so I think it's as clean as it can be, then emergency flashed 8.0.2 china stable, then complete wipe in twrp and sMiui 8.0.2 stable over it.
Happy to report auto-rotation is now working "out of the box", don't know if it's a sMiui fix or 8.0.2 fix in general.
Also all 4 cores are now active in balanced mode (with 2 more or less on standby), again don't know if it's an sMiui tweak or 8.0.2 in general, someone else can confirm?
All 4 cores appear to be downclocked (didn't really try stressing them) to prevent overheating. But gf now reports the battery drain is insane and there's overheating too so not really sure what's going on.

So unfortunately due to this I can't test for more days to see if any reboots happen. :/

With 8.0.2 eu only 2 cores are active

I hope android 7 solve the problem.
Android marshmallow doesn't have solution....

Sent from my MI 4LTE using Tapatalk
I believe this is a kernel issue, I am convinced a workaround is possible.
We will not have miui based on nougat for mi4, we must solve it.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: NOECUBI
Anyone tried the wakelock detector app to see what processes are waking the device up?

+400 hr. End of the test. I think, I'll flash another rom, perhaps miui 7, to test battery

ffb7f39dab42c1f8e91ea1814a3cf32b.jpg

good to know, im getting closer to 400 hrs too now, will continue testing until 500hr, but as i didnt have any prob so far i guess it will reach it quite easily.

440 hr, wake lock app set on partial wake, no reboot. im considering it safe right now. im on stable 8.0.2 still.
i will try to disable the lock app right now without changing anything else, to see if the phone reboots.
little OT: anyone experiencing video recording lags when the phone records 5/6+ minute video? it seems like heat is reducing performances on my mi4 causing the video to be recorded at 15/16 fps, really annoying.

Reactions: manlysixpacks
Record video? I had recorded a 5 minutes video clip but it worked quite good, no lagging or dropping fps as u said. Over 5 mins video let me test later. But which quality did u use? I juz used 720p.

btw my phone has no reboot issue now XD~~~ thanks to wake lock manager.

for what case do you want to catch what is waking the device ? anything you suspect ?
No, nothing in particular. But perhaps this way it would be possible to get more ideas. I'm guessing the miui battery saver also goes to work when phone goes to sleep? I was thinking of uninstalling/deleting the powerkeeper apk maybe.

@Applepie2 Personally I only tried sMiui 8.0.2 but I found the performance to be terrible and a lot of heating as well. Even in prolonged idle phone took very long to cool down.