Mi4s Gps Problems (no Position Found) In Europe?

ralle_h

Members
Jan 2, 2016
Dear Xianomi.eu Team,

I noticed severe problems with Mi4S GPS Tracking in Europe (Mobile Internet On/Off has no effect/difference).

It takes up to 30 Minutes until the GPS Position can be located (Mi4C and Apple Iphones need under 1 Minute in the same location to get GPS Position) and after a few minutes the GPS Location is lost again.

Is it possible that there is a problem with the EU Rom and the GPS Fix is missing (a friend told me about a GPS Fix in the Mi4C EU Rom, since the original rom has the configuration for China and not the EU)?

Would be very thankful if you could check this and get back to me.

Kind regards,
Ralf

Last edited:
GPS fix is included in our roms... which version are you using?

Right now I'm using 6.4.21 of the EU Rom. Is it already included in this one or should I wait for the next OTA update?

Install 6.5.5 manually..

~Tapatalk Mi5~[/QUOTE

HE
Install 6.5.5 manually..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Hello, I have the same problem. I am on 7.2.8.0 stable. I have installed Faster GPS as well, but sometimes there is no fix or maybe 30 minutes later. When fixed, the signal is not accurate enough. I had never such problems with my Mi2a or Redmi.

It's not my phone, I just ordered/installed it for my father. So far it seems good, I will report back when he used it for longer with more info.

Thanks everyone

I have reflashed the rom and wipe the system parition before. The problem is solved for me. Fix no longer than 1 min.

You wipe the system patition with the recovery. I'm in 7.3.1.
By system partition you mean I do the standart "Recovery Reset" with cache ect ?
And thanks for your help !
I already installed a new rom (7.4) and I did wipe the cache but it didn't worked :(

When you are in TWRP, WIPE then Advanced Wipe, select System. Reflash the ROM after. Hope this will help.

Any solution for this problem?
I am facing it and I cannot solve it. I have installed last developper and stable version and no satellites are found.
This happens to 3 Mi4S we have here.

Hi where do you from?
Did you grant access to the gps in permissions and localisation?
I'm in France and run every day and mine works great.
Never had trouble with mine.
I'm under 6.6.30.

I am using sMiUI stable 7.2.8 and no problems like this.

Did you wipe cache and dalvik?

Have you tried a factory reset before installing ROM (Wipe cache, dalvik, data)?

I seem to have a similar issue with miui 8. Last 2 weeks i was on holiday on cyprus and had the same issue already in the Netherlands that the GPS takes a very long time to find a location, and has issues keeping it (or refreshing it). When using for instance tomtom the car jumps from spot to spot every 10-15 secs instead of flawlessly moves. When I run the same app, version, cards etc. on my old S5 no issues at all. I will try a factory reset (doh..)

nevermind big fat hint: go to settings->battery&performance->control battery use of apps and turn apps like maps or navigation(tomtom) to no power savings

Last edited:
Hello replace this file gps.conf once well extract on in system/etc with the help of ESxplorer with root access. Reboot and wipe dalvick Cache.

Attachments

• French_gps.zip
    202 bytes · Views: 430
  • Europe_French_gps.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 512
  • Flashable_France.zip
    143.5 KB · Views: 441
  • Flashable_Europe.zip
    143 KB · Views: 528
Last edited: