MiJia Compact Smart Projector Wifi Problem

Bartyx

Members
Aug 9, 2021
Hello.
I have a problem with the wifi connection after last update of this projector. The projector is connected to the 5Ghz network and about every minute it will lost connection to the wifi. It will shows "Unknown SSID" error in the wifi settings. Before the update everything had good. Do have anyone same problem? Because this device cannot be connected via ethernet, it is literaly a white brick now. :(

Hi, after the last update I have exactly the same problem. The only way which solves that problem is to turn off the 5GHz Wifi. But that is for me not a solution. If anyone have a better idea please share it :).

My Router: FritzBox 7530

Reactions: Bartyx
Hi, after the last update I have exactly the same problem. The only way which solves that problem is to turn off the 5GHz Wifi. But that is for me not a solution. If anyone have a better idea please share it :)

I will try, thank you. It is enough until the next update will fix it I hope.

Hello, same issue here. I had to configure my internet box in order to separate my two available wifi cards (2.4GHz & 5GHz).
It works pretty fine now using the 2.4GHz from the projector.
Only issue here... I use my projector to play on Stadia... which is very laggy on the 2.4Ghz band.

So, as said before, it's definitely not a solution.

Please Xiaomi fix this asap.

NB: I confirm that I have this issue for 2-3 days now (related to the last update, I suppose)

Hello, same issue here. I had to configure my internet box in order to separate my two available wifi cards (2.4GHz & 5GHz).
It works pretty fine now using the 2.4GHz from the projector.
Only issue here... I use my projector to play on Stadia... which is very laggy on the 2.4Ghz band.

So, as said before, it's definitely not a solution.

Please Xiaomi fix this asap.

NB: I confirm that I have this issue for 2-3 days now (related to the last update, I suppose)

Its definitely the last update thing. I am watching HBO Go movies every day and it is not possible today, because HBO app caching much shorter segments than i.e. Netflix do, so every few minutes the movie crashes. Everything had been ok before the last update.

Reactions: benben12345
I have exactly the same problem. After the latest update -> wifi 5GHz stop working. It is working, but it has disconnection each 30 sec. So Netflix doesn't work, even screen saver from google doesn't work. It can't download the next image and continue using the first one.
But the biggest problem for me is chomecast.... it stop working because of this issue! I can't cast anything to projector right now, and I am oblige to use HDMI... it looks like I backed to a stone edge :-(

What I tried to do:
- Use WIFI 2.4Ghz - yes it is working, but chromecasting with it -> with very poor quality. Not acceptable for me
- Reduce WIFI 5Ghz radio channel to 40 - dint help.
- REset all projector settings to default - didnt help.

Most horible that with Android TV I cant even open wifi settings in projector and cant check internet speed + where is a new update with the fix ??? Updates are not available

I have exactly the same problem. After the latest update -> wifi 5GHz stop working. It is working, but it has disconnection each 30 sec. So Netflix doesn't work, even screen saver from google doesn't work. It can't download the next image and continue using the first one.
But the biggest problem for me is chomecast.... it stop working because of this issue! I can't cast anything to projector right now, and I am oblige to use HDMI... it looks like I backed to a stone edge :-(

What I tried to do:
- Use WIFI 2.4Ghz - yes it is working, but chromecasting with it -> with very poor quality. Not acceptable for me
- Reduce WIFI 5Ghz radio channel to 40 - dint help.
- REset all projector settings to default - didnt help.

Most horible that with Android TV I cant even open wifi settings in projector and cant check internet speed + where is a new update with the fix ??? Updates are not available

Yes. The problem is still here. Xiaomi, please fix it!

same problem here. either no wifi or incredibly low speeds meaning that streaming isn't possible.
please fix asap

Bought a Mijia Projector 2 Pro and and I'm also having WiFi issues. WiFi is lost constantly, Internet speeds lowered with no reason. It is unbelievable that Xiaomi doesn't give any support for something that cost more than five hundred euros.

Enviado do meu VOG-L29 através do Tapatalk

Same here. Sometimes, connexion is lost for a few seconds then come back and sometimes need to switch wifi off and on... Very disturbing issue.

i contacted xiaomi uk chat support about this today.
they said they would "definitely pass this on to be looked at", for whatever that's worth.
I suggest everyone does the same.

Reactions: arut16
Contacted Xiaomi Spain. They asked me to reset the projector. After doing that twice it keeps the same. WiFi is lost at some point and the WiFi speeds terrible so far.

It seems to be firmware because there are periods everything is working perfectly fine, however we know the connection will stop anytime which is terrible if we are streaming or watching live TV.

the annoying thing was that this update forced itself to install without even asking me to choose whether i wanted to update or not. just suddenly flashed up a message in the middle of a movie saying an update is being installed, followed by a restart.

Same issue for me, but disabling 5Ghz and being only on 2.4Ghz doesn't fix it. My projector has been basically unusable for a few weeks now. It's inacceptable.

I suggest everyone to give feedback using the app Mi Home. It's a Mijia product, if everyone give feedback maybe we can reach our goal. Well, it's the interested of Xiaomi either.

Same Problem with my projector, even after resetting it, it cannot be connected as a chromecast device. This is very disappointing. So most of the features are not available. This All started after the last Update.

As you all said, same problem here. This really really sucks cause it makes the projector unusable for me. Hopefully there will be an update soon, or did any of you know how to downgrade to the old version before, which works really good?

Hello
I am extremely angry.
Even on my XIAOMI Mijia the WIFI has been working very badly for a few days.
It constantly disconnects and I have to disable the wifi and then re-enable it.
You cannot see a full movie.
A disaster, the projector is to be thrown in the garbage !!!
Xiaomi please solve this problem immediately because there will be thousands of protests around the world.
Tonight I try to connect a wifi usb stick but I don't know if it will work and if it will solve the problem.
I am seriously considering replacing the ROM with a Chinese version downloadable from XDA.

I suggest everyone to give feedback using the app Mi Home. It's a Mijia product, if everyone give feedback maybe we can reach our goal. Well, it's the interested of Xiaomi either.

Hello
I have now written the message to Xiaomi using MI Home app.
I would like to know from JiaiJ if there is an Official Xiomi Forum dedicated to video projectors (!! ??).
So I can send him the message.
Thank you so much.
Rock.

My solution by now was to place a powerline near the projector and plug a RJ45 cable to it. It is now more stable at least. Wi-Fi in the projector itself is a disaster at this point.