MiJia Compact Smart Projector Wifi Problem

Same problem here since 2 months after an update.
Is there any news about this thing? Projector is totally useless w/o wifi working

Reactions: Bartyx
Hi .... still the same problem 2 months later... are they going to fix their update?
post in the twitter thread linked a couple of posts back. at least xiaomi and xiaomi support are more likely to see it than here

U may use this temporary solution, turn off 5GHz band and use only 2.4GHz. Also, u can create 2 wlans, one for Xiaomi projector with 2.4GHz and second dual-band for everything else.

Hi Bard. I had tried this unfortunately it did not work. I am able to Hotspot my phone to the projecter without any problem though (using either 5 or 2 ghz). So I'm wondering if Xiaomi just isnt playing nice with Fritzbox specifically?
U may use this temporary solution, turn off 5GHz band and use only 2.4GHz. Also, u can create 2 wlans, one for Xiaomi projector with 2.4GHz and second dual-band for everything else.

i gave up and just bought a roku stick to plug into the projector. works fine, but ridiculous i had to spend more money just to make this projector work

Reactions: Xiaomidude93
Same problem here since last update. Is there an official communication about it? Two months seems enough time for me to say something. This issue is getting the product useless.
Can someone confirm if a usb-ethernet adapters solves the problem? Would be awesome to have a proper fix but doesn't look like is going to come soon.

There are lot of settings for WiFi. You can try what will offer your router. I have set legacy option for 5G WiFi which helped me. Maybe now WiFi speed is not best, but it's enough for me and much better comparing with 2.4 GHz. So this is probably only option to play with WiFi settings in your router until Xiaomi will offer some firmware upgrade fixing this issue in projector itself.

My projektor doesnt see even the ethernet through ethernet cable+usb adapter I bought. Hoped this will work instead of wifi but now im hopeless... anyone had this problem and found a solution?

My projektor doesnt see even the ethernet through ethernet cable+usb adapter I bought. Hoped this will work instead of wifi but now im hopeless... anyone had this problem and found a solution?

i gave up and just bought a roku stick to plug into the projector. works fine, but ridiculous i had to spend more money just to make this projector work

Separate 2.4 ghz and 5ghz on my Orange box works fine for me. No wifi drop anymore
But it 's not as good as my Mi Box (same OS ?). Still low when i launch Netflix for ex.Very strange.

problem solved on my Formovie Dice projector that was unable to maintain wifi connection stable. This projector works a lot like the xiaomi.
I had my router doing automatic channel selection and after forcing it to use channel 4 it now has a very strong and stable connection.
After a few tests it seams that he doesn't like wifi channel above 10 and it sure can't cope with routers that automatically select channels to improve wifi quality.

Reactions: spikejoss
I think I found two workarounds, one creating a shared internet hotspot with Windows10, or connecting via a internet extender device.

Hope it helps

problem solved on my Formovie Dice projector that was unable to maintain wifi connection stable. This projector works a lot like the xiaomi.
I had my router doing automatic channel selection and after forcing it to use channel 4 it now has a very strong and stable connection.
After a few tests it seams that he doesn't like wifi channel above 10 and it sure can't cope with routers that automatically select channels to improve wifi quality.
I think I "solved" with this trick. I noticed that when the projector is connected to the 5Ghz, connection always drops while it's pretty stable when connected to the 2,4Ghz.
So I splitted the signal and connected the proj to the 2,4Ghz manually adjusted on channel 8 and it magically worked.
So thanks a lot @alfsousa , even if this is really inconceivable from Xiaomi and for a 600€ device.
It is really a shame they did't find a fix for this yet.

Hi Guys, I have same problem with my projector (XMJGTYDS01FM) I have router in standard 2,4Ghz (Cisco EPC3928)

Wifi not working good, sometimes is faster but usually is slow. I checking speed and strange is that upload is very high, example 60mbs but is inposible. Download usually is 30mbs (i have 100mbs internet) but few times per day download is very low, like 0,6 mbs. (On PC all working well)

Watching IPTV is hard :) I make restart and working better ... but is ****ed up.

I was riding this forum and try fix ihtis problem but is same s**t. I will try with Usb wifi adapter. I hope that adapter with 802.11n standart and Chipset: Ralink RT5370 will good. I will check with this

I am asking for links of wifi adapters that work for you

sorry my english is not perfectly :)))

it's a real shame they haven't fixed this, as it's completely put me off buying any further major xiaomi products. Small stuff like mi band etc.. ok.. can live with any bugs etc... but i was going to buy, for example, their new air fryer but after this projector experience i wouldn't go anywhere near it.
Their loss i suppose, and if they're happy with that, so be it.

Thanks everyone for the comments! Also had this problem since August. Today decided to check 5GHz vs 2.4 GHz for my router as well. I am using Vodafone (Germany) and their standard router works on 5/2.4GHz, but there is a possibility to create guest WiFi which works only at 2.4GHz. I created it to use it only for projector, and now it works like before the bug :)
was really annoyed last 3 months, glad that now it seems to be fixed

I'm using Tplink DECO P4 and I'm also having this problem!!
Currently I have to fix it by creating a guest wireless only 2.4Ghz, not sure when xiaomi can fix it by updating the firmware, it is really annoying because I cannot use the Lan file sharing function. Really stupid bug!