MiJia Compact Smart Projector Wifi Problem

one thing that no one's talked about much - how come we can no longer cast to the projector, even when the wifi is (briefly) working?

I had the same problem a while back (connection being dropped). I did the trick with dividing WiFi to 2.4 GHz and 5GHz, was working for a while on 2.4 GHz (~ 2 months). Since a few days, the projector does not even bother to connect to ANY WiFi anymore, it does not even see any network. The slider jumps back and forth by itself (switching itself constantly 'on' and 'off'). Did the factory reset (multiple times), did not help at all. It fails now to go through any online configuration, despite of having additional hotspots in its range (from cellphones) and even alt. router. If firmware would have been downgraded with this factory reset, I would have at least an idea, if it's a software / hw problem. :emoji_face_palm:

There are message to upgrade on the top to the right.
Casting work for me before.
Hmm I only got this android update

2E34CC76-7F9E-42AB-A556-46FB9BA09D08.jpeg

I hasn’t fixed the WiFi problem for me. Connection still flops between too slow to use and not working at all

oh i restarted it a couple of times and my wifi is finally connecting again at over 120mbps!
yeeeesssss!!!
I make some speed test at 2.4 and at 5ghz...hear the difference neare double fast in 5ghz

Attachments

• E28F7138-0E35-4CAA-8A0B-999CFA0934B1.jpeg
    E28F7138-0E35-4CAA-8A0B-999CFA0934B1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 219
one weird issue i still have

i can cast from my iphone to the projector without any problem at all.
however, when i open the google home app and click on the projector, google home still says that it can't access the projector and to try making sure both devices are on the same network.

I thought about deleting the projector from google home and trying to re-add it, but i cant see how to re-establish it as a chromecast device and I'm worried that if i delete it i wont be able to add it again and the ability to cast will be lost forever.

i discovered this as I wanted to turn on 'ambient mode' on the projector which you achieve via the google home app.

any ideas?

Yes, new update and wifi is 10x times better. No disconnections on 5GHz network.

FINALLY....

The only problem remains the thermal defocus after 30m of usage otherwise this projector would be really cool.
The workaround I am using is this one
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes, new update and wifi is 10x times better. No disconnections on 5GHz network.

FINALLY....

The only problem remains the thermal defocus after 30m of usage otherwise this projector would be really cool.
The workaround I am using is this one
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I know but i think no fix possible.....i'm curiose to know if Xiaomi mi smart compact project 2 have the same defocus issue.