MiPAD is dead(brick)

I use Xposed on another android device for a few adjustments.
I tried every combination, they all lead to the same result. For now im going to leave it uncharged and charge it again tomorrow and try if i can somehow get into fastboot, but seeing that i only get the white screen, i am afraid that it wont really have any effect to wait.
sorry to hear! i must say i once had a brick and gave up only showing a red led1 i believe it was on a my nexusS? i gave up ass i messed up the bootloader aswell.. nothing worked, than i decided to unscrew the motherboard disconnected everything and took it apart as i could only regain some of that cash to buy a replacement if i sold it as parts except for the faulty motherboard. i stored it away a couple of days as i made advertisements for the parts.

later i decided to put it together again as no one really interested int the parts and sell it as is! miraculously putting it back togather and being of power for a cuople of days resetted the bootloader, or maybe it wasnt completely damaged! i managed to flash back stock rom and it worked ever since, up till the day i sold it anyway to go for an upgrade on the device..

great story just not sure any of this would matter to your problem, but i might see if you got nothing to loose it might be worth disconnecting the motherboard carefully for a couple of days and putting back together and a full charge!

sorry to hear! i must say i once had a brick and gave up only showing a red led1 i believe it was on a my nexusS? i gave up ass i messed up the bootloader aswell.. nothing worked, than i decided to unscrew the motherboard disconnected everything and took it apart as i could only regain some of that cash to buy a replacement if i sold it as parts except for the faulty motherboard. i stored it away a couple of days as i made advertisements for the parts.

later i decided to put it together again as no one really interested int the parts and sell it as is! miraculously putting it back togather and being of power for a cuople of days resetted the bootloader, or maybe it wasnt completely damaged! i managed to flash back stock rom and it worked ever since, up till the day i sold it anyway to go for an upgrade on the device..

great story just not sure any of this would matter to your problem, but i might see if you got nothing to loose it might be worth disconnecting the motherboard carefully for a couple of days and putting back together and a full charge!
not helped(

painful man! sorry for your loss, you might want to look into sending it for repair and maybe you get lucky and they replace it, maybe not entirely for free.

Im in the same boat as the op. I tried installing Xposed (Now i know that isnt such a smart thing to do) and used the zip through recovery option. When it rebooted it to get into recovery, it got stuck on the XI logo and i had to force reboot it (Xposed didnt even get installed yet), but it only gave me a white screen afterwards (only backlight). Every button combination i tried resulted in a white screen without any response watsoever. I couldnt even put my mipad out, it just kept going to a white screen. So i waited until it was empty and then connected it to my pc. It saw my mipad as APX in my device manager and after installing it it is recognized as nvidia usb boot-recovery driver for mobile devices. The miphone flash tool can see the device, but the device is always busy. I can still recharge my mipad, however without access it is no use to waste charges and the only way to see my mipad is it being empty and connected.
same here.... any clue? please help..

People please stop ruining your devices..Whats so bad about the device why you guys didnt use it the way it should? Whats the need for xposed for..one should know that when messing on the recovery/bootloader level, you can do some seriuos harm to a device..but iguess you already found out and no need to rub it in!

No ADB flashing and connection possible?
not sure what the normal flashing procedure is for the mipad and what version of recovery it has? but i mistakenly judged a redmi note for a fake, when i couldnt flash stock roms! and both recovery and fastboot looked different than my mi3 's .
I was wrong since flashing by adb did acces the proper recovery, the redmi should have and not the same recovery as my mi3!
luckily with some help from the servicedesk we managed to flash the proper rom, and all works perfect now..

Im sorry as i wont be able to help a lot or fix your isues other than maybe pointing you into a right or different direction that might lead to a fix, i dont have a mipad...not yet!

I'm currently facing the same issue. The unit was left charging for a few hours.
When I try to power it on again, no display; even the bootup Mi logo.
The only observation is the led is blinking red.

Решение( Russian Solution)
4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=589148&st=1420#entry34404746

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben Li
Yes.
Everything works to this day. Now I'm not afraid to flash, not afraid of brick. That would have CayanogenMod or Ubuntu Touch would build for him...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben Li and BogNik
Please instruction in english please.
I have the same problem, no screen no fastboot, just 'dead'...

My mipad was totally bricked because a wrong selection on a superSU upgrade prompt.

WITH THIS SYSTEM YOU LOSE YOUR WARRANTY
I am not responsible for any damaging your device

Following the russian forum , i made the following steps ( I’m not English speaking ):
On the PC , run Miflash ( follow other guides on forum how to use it and flash )
Remove the plastic cover : with the fingernail you should easily separate the plastic cover from the screen , running around the perimeter; the cover is quite soft , so don’t worry to break it. In the area of the camera cover there’s some scotch tape.
Remove the plastic panel near the battery: there are a lot of screws, by unscrewing them you LOSE THE WARRANTY!

upload_2014-10-19_23-2-42.png

Disconnect the battery flat cable by pulling it gently up , it’s very easy to do
Connect an usb cable to the mipad side but don’t connect it to the PC, wait
Make a bridge ( short circuit ) between the two pads located inside the SD card slot: you can use everything that is metallic .
Connect the other side of usb cable to the PC , keeping the short circuit.
Once you connect it , remove the short circuit and Miflash should recognize the device ( the pc detects a a new device USB (Nvidia, Qualcomm) Boot-recovery driver for Mobile devices )
The first time I did this, miflash saw nothing ( but the driver were detect ) so I disconnect the usb cable gain , made the bridge ( short circuit again ) , connect the usb cable again and miflash then saw the device.
Then you have just to flash it with miflash.
After flashing , connect the battery , close everything and run your mipad.
Many thanks to the russian guy.

My mipad was totally bricked because a wrong selection on a superSU upgrade prompt.

WITH THIS SYSTEM YOU LOSE YOUR WARRANTY
I am not responsible for any damaging your device

Following the russian forum , i made the following steps ( I’m not English speaking ):
On the PC , run Miflash ( follow other guides on forum how to use it and flash )
Remove the plastic cover : with the fingernail you should easily separate the plastic cover from the screen , running around the perimeter; the cover is quite soft , so don’t worry to break it. In the area of the camera cover there’s some scotch tape.
Remove the plastic panel near the battery: there are a lot of screws, by unscrewing them you LOSE THE WARRANTY!

View attachment 8954

Disconnect the battery flat cable by pulling it gently up , it’s very easy to do
Connect an usb cable to the mipad side but don’t connect it to the PC, wait
Make a bridge ( short circuit ) between the two pads located inside the SD card slot: you can use everything that is metallic .
Connect the other side of usb cable to the PC , keeping the short circuit.
Once you connect it , remove the short circuit and Miflash should recognize the device ( the pc detects a a new device USB (Nvidia, Qualcomm) Boot-recovery driver for Mobile devices )
The first time I did this, miflash saw nothing ( but the driver were detect ) so I disconnect the usb cable gain , made the bridge ( short circuit again ) , connect the usb cable again and miflash then saw the device.
Then you have just to flash it with miflash.
After flashing , connect the battery , close everything and run your mipad.
Many thanks to the russian guy.

Tnx mate..
I will try it tomorow.
Many thanks

Just to add my 2 cents about bognik's procedure. I went through exactly the same thing and finally brought the pad back to life this afternoon:

1) It didn't work within Windows 8 for me. I had to do it on a Windows 7 machine.
2) You have to start Windows 7 with Driver Digital Signature turned off. You accomplish this by pressing F8 while restarting windows and then selecting to turn off driver signature.
3) The computer only recognized the pad as an APX device. I had to update the driver via Device Manager.
4) I have never found google translate so useful in Chrome.

Good luck everybody!

Just to add my 2 cents about bognik's procedure. I went through exactly the same thing and finally brought the pad back to life this afternoon:

1) It didn't work within Windows 8 for me. I had to do it on a Windows 7 machine.
2) You have to start Windows 7 with Driver Digital Signature turned off. You accomplish this by pressing F8 while restarting windows and then selecting to turn off driver signature.
3) The computer only recognized the pad as an APX device. I had to update the driver via Device Manager.
4) I have never found google translate so useful in Chrome.

Good luck everybody!

PS. You would not void your warranty if you do not unscrew the top-right and bottom-left screws(they are covered by a orange Mi sticker). It is possible to disconnect the battery with some delicate handiwork. Or, if you have some way to drain the battery, you wouldn't have to resort to opening up the pad, though I have no idea how to do that).

Hey BiG BiG Thx , real simple with your instructions :)

i can rescue my loveley mipad , with this manuall

Thx so much

Hi There
looks like i have the same problem but...when i Connect my mipad in to the usb jush hear the sound in my speakers as allways when you connect device but didnt show anything at miflash. try few times and nothing...
any idea?

Many Thanks

Hi There
looks like i have the same problem but...when i Connect my mipad in to the usb jush hear the sound in my speakers as allways when you connect device but didnt show anything at miflash. try few times and nothing...
any idea?

Many Thanks
Try in another computer

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited: