Resolved MIUI 10 SERIOUS SECURITY FLAW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CresFang

Members
Feb 10, 2017
Missing option to disable pull-down of quick toggle in lock screen.

How come we got full access to QUICK SETTINGS in LOCK SCREEN??
The option to disable it is gone in MIUI 10 (this is real regression from MIUI 9).
I also can EDIT THE QUICK SETTINGS TILE in LOCK SCREEN, LOCKED BY PASSWORD & WITHOUT UNLOCKING THE PHONE FIRST!!!
This is REAL SECURITY FLAW & DUMB MOVE BY XIAOMI!!
I can put my phone to airplane mode via those toggle, all without unlocking it first!

forum.php

Check this serious SECURITY FLAW here: http://en.miui.com/thread-3078766-1-1.html

Missing option to disable pull-down of quick toggle in lock screen.

How come we got full access to QUICK SETTINGS in LOCK SCREEN??
The option to disable it is gone in MIUI 10 (this is real regression from MIUI 9).
I also can EDIT THE QUICK SETTINGS TILE in LOCK SCREEN, LOCKED BY PASSWORD & WITHOUT UNLOCKING THE PHONE FIRST!!!
This is REAL SECURITY FLAW & DUMB MOVE BY XIAOMI!!
I can put my phone to airplane mode via those toggle, all without unlocking it first!

forum.php

Check this serious SECURITY FLAW here: http://en.miui.com/thread-3078766-1-1.html
This is not a bug, chinese do that.

Yeah, I hate this too. It's so stupid. In miui 9 I had disable it and now I can't. We need that feature again

You don't need to complain about this , This is the same in Android Stock and other Rom .
This Feature will not back .

Relax. We already implemented this feature for the next public release. It will be in Settings -> Notifications & status bar -> Show on secure lock screen.
It will only block the quick settings when your lock screen is secure, no matter which security option you choose.

Last edited:
You don't need to complain about this , This is the same in Android Stock and other Rom .
This Feature will not back .

Yeah I know dat in stock android which is real dumb move by Google but MIUI fixed that in MIUI 9, but they removed it in 10... what gives?

When I lock my phone and its on LOCKED SCREEN, I want everything to be locked & stay locked, no changes can be made...

Today's lockscreen got way too many useless features & shortcuts, then why bother putting lock screen anyway....

Reactions: TheBigMama
Relax. We already implemented this feature for the next public release. It will be in Settings -> Notifications & status bar -> Show on secure lock screen.
It will only block the quick settings when your lock screen is secure, no matter which security option you choose.

when this gonna be implemented? or is it already?
is this patch also in the stable release of xiaomi.eu?

wait, you're not from Xiaomi, right?
you gonna implement this on xiaomi.eu ROM, am I correct?

Last edited:
It's already implemented in our xiaomi.eu roms...

I'm using version 8.12.20 in MI 8 and can't see this option, even with phone locked i can dropdown the menu, am i doing something wrong? I'm from Brazil so its in portuguese haha the path is: "Settings -> Notifications & status bar -> Show on secure lock screen " like Igor said?

Screenshot_2018-12-26-08-30-45-928_com.android.settings.png

Status
Not open for further replies.