New [MIUI 12.6 21.5.12] custom ringtone not recognized

I use mi9 lite and MIUI 12.5.1 and have same problem. I use this file, it fix ringtone for Sim 1 but Sim 2 only use system tone. plz help!

I have 2 SIMs as well and its working coz the ringtones are stored into the same folder and the permissions are now corrected with the TWRP module.
e.g. there was in issue in older rom-versions (themes) it should be already fixed from xiaomi (I use the default theme)

Did you click on SIM2 instead of "use SIM1" ringtone ?

The permissions of "/data/system/theme_magic" is the issue.
So you have to delete the folder "theme_magic" (the TWRP Module will do it for you)

The folder will be recreated if you select a new ringtone

Then you will have these files in the folder "/data/system/theme_magic/ringtones"
  • ringtone_slot_1.mp3
  • ringtone_slot_2.mp3

If you have any issues you can use the magisk module:

Last edited:
Reactions: Chientd
Follow this amazing guide for your device => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/guide-install-twrp-for-mi-11-pro-ultra.61239/

You don't need to do step 4, 9 and 10. ;)

After step 8, install my zip file in TWRP and reboot your device.

Do not forget to thanks @hoangsang for the guide. :)
Thanks for helping out and to the developer of this fix. I just came across the info that I would need to get the custom TWRP even to install the 12.5.8 update as the automatic updater won't pass the install screen with default MI boot screen and that there will be no more fast boot versions coming for MI11 :(

Appreciate your responses and assistance in this matter

Regards.

I have 2 SIMs as well and its working coz the ringtones are stored into the same folder and the permissions are corrected.
e.g. there was in issue in older rom-versions (themes) it should be already fixed from xiomi (I use the default theme)

Did you click on SIM2 instead of "use SIM1" ringtone ?

The permissions of "/data/system/theme_magic" is the issue.
So you have to delete the folder "theme_magic" (the TWRP Module will do it for you)

The folder will be recreated if you select a new ringtone

Then you will have these files in the folder "/data/system/theme_magic/ringtones"
  • ringtone_slot_1.mp3
  • ringtone_slot_2.mp3
View attachment 37415

If you have any issues you can use the magisk module:
thanks!!!! I fixed this.

Reactions: katerpanne
I have the same issue on Mi 11i with MIUI 12.5.7 and android 11.
Managed to work around by getting the ringtones settings from themes:
Settings > Themes > More > Profile > Ringtones

When choosing any ringtone (local, system, my ringtones..) and applying to sim1 and sim2 (2 applies) , it works.

Reactions: katerpanne
Follow this amazing guide for your device => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/guide-install-twrp-for-mi-11-pro-ultra.61239/

You don't need to do step 4, 9 and 10. ;)

After step 8, install my zip file in TWRP and reboot your device.

Do not forget to thanks @hoangsang for the guide. :)
hello!
i have a xiaomi 13 with Xiaomi Hyper os. I had a lot of models of Xiaomi, dnt had that problem, but now i have it...I Can not customise rington for a contact, just general ringtone for both sims..Same problem like others here..Still.. Where i can find those folders in my phone? How can i get in there

/data/system/theme_magic or... can u tell me step by step how i can use TWRP ringtone file? how i can see that damn file theme magic in data? thanks