MIUI 13 MIUI 13 STABLE RELEASE

read the lines about drivers and fastboot ....
of course i did read these lines and also reinstalled the necessary files on my PC. also i use the original USB cable which came with the 11 ultra.
Activating 'OEM unlocking' is not enough to unlock the bootloader. When booting your phone you can see the bootloader status at the bottom of the screen. Please take a look. I think your installed rom is official global rom and not a xiaomi.eu rom - this you can proof in settings -> device info.
If your bootloader is locked, please have a look for a tutorial to unlock the bootloader.
when I boot my device I just noticed that there is an open lock symbol on top of the screen. does that mean my bootloader is in fact unlocked? if so, why then am I unable to get the numbers when I type "fastboot devices" in CMD line under ADB ??
my 11 ultra cam with xiaomi.eu rom based on chinese rom. I got an update OTA which is acrually installed through TWRP recovery. so i have the ROM xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V12.5.20.0.RKACNXM_d79f701a31_v12-11.zip installed.
Now, is it possible that after initial xiaomi.eu ROM version 11 by Trading Shenzen that the bootloader has been relocked? In this case, I certainly have to unlock the bootloader again, BUT i think that means that all data on my device will be erased? no TWRP anymore also, correct? Will the TWRP be updated later and thus OTA updates will be again possible?
If i unlock now the bootloader this would mean I will have to reinstall TWRP as well once it can handle Android 12 OTA updates, correct?
As I never did any bootloader unlocking I am a bit afraid to do anything wrong and brick my device.
I will really very much appreciate if somebody could help me out explaining all these points I ignore so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Bouet
of course i did read these lines and also reinstalled the necessary files on my PC. also i use the original USB cable which came with the 11 ultra.

when I boot my device there is no bootloader status at the bottom of the screen.
my 11 ultra cam with xiaomi.eu rom based on chinese rom. I got an update OTA which is acrually installed through TWRP recovery. so i have the ROM xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V12.5.20.0.RKACNXM_d79f701a31_v12-11.zip installed.
Now, is it possible that after initial xiaomi.eu ROM version 11 by Trading Shenzen that the bootloader has been relocked? In this case, I certainly have to unlock the bootloader again, BUT i think that means that all data on my device will be erased? no TWRP anymore also, correct? Will the TWRP be updated later and thus OTA updates will be again possible?
If i unlock now the bootloader this would mean I will have to reinstall TWRP as well once it can handle Android 12 OTA updates, correct?
As I never did any bootloader unlocking I am a bit afraid to anything wrong and brick my device.
I will really very much appreciate if somebody could help me out explaining all these points I ignore so far.
Xiaomi.eu (and custom ROMs in general) won't run with a locked bootloader, as far as I know.

Xiaomi.eu (and custom ROMs in general) won't run with a locked bootloader, as far as I know.
yes, I understand that, but can you eventually help concretely regarding my different questions? would really appreciate it !

Just start your phone in fastboot mode and connect it to the PC and check the bootloader status in Mi unlocktool.
For my M11 Venus the bootloader status is in the top and not bottom, if I restart my phone. Its Just a open lock or closed of the bootloader is locked.

Example as attachement.

Attachments

• IMG_20220109_140813.jpg
    IMG_20220109_140813.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: maravilha00
Just start your phone in fastboot mode and connect it to the PC and check the bootloader status in Mi unlocktool.
For my M11 Venus the bootloader status is in the top and not bottom, if I restart my phone. Its Just a open lock or closed of the bootloader is locked.

Example as attachement.
yes, i just noticed, there is an OPEN lock symbol on top of my screen when I (re)boot my device. so still can't understand why i can't get a number when typing "fastboot devices" in command line under ADB... ?

when I boot my device I just noticed that there is an open lock symbol on top of the screen. does that mean my bootloader is in fact unlocked? if so, why then am I unable to get the numbers when I type "fastboot devices" in CMD line under ADB ??
As I never did any bootloader unlocking I am a bit afraid to do anything wrong and brick my device.

Bought a xiaomi 11 pro in the same place with the same version as you and mine is open. There should be a small open padlock at the top of the screen when you reboot the mobile. Have the same questions as you about what happens when you fastboot around twrp, will it still work.?

yes, i just noticed, there is an OPEN lock symbol on top of my screen when I (re)boot my device. so still can't understand why i can't get a number when typing "fastboot devices" in command line under ADB... ?
i just follow this eversince i update via fastboot.just make sure pc/laptop install with adb & fastboot driver

IMG_20220103_014629.jpg

Hello i am Ben from Germany i new here. i Like Your Rom it was Easy to Installed from ADB Fastboot. ;) Great Work

i have buy an Mi 11 Ultra and with your Rom it works Great. I hope it gives a long Support for them.

I have any Bug found my Douple Tab to screen off doesnt work but it is Active in Settings.

and the theme is Standart theme by Xiaomi Miui

what can i do ? have any one an idea ? to fix them

No issues for me. I am NOT rooted, but unlocked bootloader. User stable 12.5 and now 13 on Poco F3.

I have no issues with banking apps, some examples (German apps)
- Starfinanz
- Traderepublic
- Consors (BNPP)
- N26
- ING-Diba
- DKB
- American Express
- Coinbase
- Binance
No problem on Miui 13 with apps of SaxoTraderGO (intl), Raiffeisenbank (CZ), UniCreditBank (CZ), Revolut (intl), TransferWise (intl), Hello Bank (CZ), ČSOB (CZ), DKB, Sparkasse (in Germany), Amex (in Germany). Also no problem with NFC Google Pay. At the moment I have only problem with wireless Android Auto. Classical with USB wire is also OK.

Driver issue or your phone is not in fastboot mode.

Check this video :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bought a xiaomi 11 pro in the same place with the same version as you and mine is open. There should be a small open padlock at the top of the screen when you reboot the mobile. Have the same questions as you about what happens when you fastboot around twrp, will it still work.?
in fact, i noticed some half an hour ago that an OPEN lock symbol shows on top of the screen after (re)booting. so that would mean that bootloader is unlocked.
but yet, even connecting my device 11 ultra to PC with original USB-cable and with latest version of ADBinstaller (V1.4.6) installed on my PC running Windows 10 Pro, I still do not obtain any number "fastboot devices" under "adb" once connected in fastboot mode to my PC...
I have actually absolutely no clue whatsoever why ... :-(

i just follow this eversince i update via fastboot.just make sure pc/laptop install with adb & fastboot driver

View attachment 40395
well, basically that's the instructions I follow as per instructions in the beginning of the topic under MIUI 13 STABLE ROMS, except that on your pic is missing the instruction as follows (as at the end it says "do this only if "fastboot devices" shows a number" I did not try to flash the new ROM):
- type in "cmd window": "fastboot devices"
- check if you see a number -> then all is fine

1641373554513.png

- if you dont see a number:
change USB port / change USB cable / use USB 2.0 / use an USB Hub / check driver installation
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
do this only if "fastboot devices" shows a number
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
- "cmd window" should be open on PC
- change to c:\test eg "cd c:\test"
- start the appropriate bat-file (dont click in explorer)
-> start the file from command-line

Reactions: davital
Hi, with your phone turned on go to settings: My device: All specs: MIUI version and tab it 7 times to activate Devoloper option. Go back to Settings: Additional settings: Developer options and turn on USB debugging. Now connect it to PC and open cmd (Command Prompt) and type: adb devices your device should be listed now. Type: adb reboot bootloader this will boot the phone in fastboot mode and now you can flash the rom but you will lose twrp for now until a working version released.

Reactions: katerpanne
Driver issue or your phone is not in fastboot mode.

Check this video :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
YOU'RE THE STAR OF TODAY :) ... it was the USB-driver which was missing or outdated... THANK YOU!
now the A12 with MIUI13 is installed.... :)

Reactions: davital and Wiesel
quick question please i have updated my MI11 Ultra to MIUI 13 via fastboot now. Does that mean going forward if there is any new updates then i get update notification via updater app. once downloaded then boot into TWRP and click on "INSTALL", then select the "ZIP" version, and install or I have to update it with fastboot / PC and not with TWRP recovery rom everytime going forward

quick question please i have updated my MI11 Ultra to MIUI 13 via fastboot now. Does that mean going forward if there is any new updates then i get update notification via updater app. once downloaded then boot into TWRP and click on "INSTALL", then select the "ZIP" version, and install or I have to update it with fastboot / PC and not with TWRP recovery rom everytime going forward
You have to update with fastboot until there is a working TWRP. Then we will get recovery roms.

Hi, with your phone turned on go to settings: My device: All specs: MIUI version and tab it 7 times to activate Devoloper option. Go back to Settings: Additional settings: Developer options and turn on USB debugging. Now connect it to PC and open cmd (Command Prompt) and type: adb devices your device should be listed now. Type: adb reboot bootloader this will boot the phone in fastboot mode and now you can flash the rom but you will lose twrp for now until a working version released.
i did all that, but the problem finally was a missing or outdated USB driver within the device itself which i could resolve thanks to a reply by @Wiesel who sent me a video explaining what can be done if within fastboot there is no "fastboot device" number appearing in c:\adb

Reactions: Wiesel
i did all that, but the problem finally was a missing or outdated USB driver within the device itself which i could resolve thanks to a reply by @Wiesel who sent me a video explaining what can be done if within fastboot there is no "fastboot device" number appearing in c:\adb
Its also described in howto… check driver and I have added the video as well…

It all depends on how it goes from now on. When I switched from global xiaomi to stable xiaomi.eu, twrp still didn't exist and so it only gets updated by fastboot. However, over time they created twrp and fastboot ceased to exist. In other words, the same thing might happen in the future, when they create a twrp / orangefox available for android 12.

Miui 13 stable Problems
Notification volume ties to Media volume, can't change separately.
Status Bar icons can't turn off, so always showing bluetooth and Volet icons
All previous themes seems not compatible

Seems Android 12 is a very small upgrade, didn't see anything useful vs 11, so maybe not upgrade now is better.

Hi, just to clarify.... Do I need full wipe if I update from 12.5.16 or simply flash in twrp?
Thanks for any help
Xiaomi currently only support fastboot update, no need to full wipe. Confused why back to old fastboot anyway.

Thanks to dev team... Only issue im having is I cant download Chrome browser, any other app from play store is okay though?

No problem on Miui 13 with apps of SaxoTraderGO (intl), Raiffeisenbank (CZ), UniCreditBank (CZ), Revolut (intl), TransferWise (intl), Hello Bank (CZ), ČSOB (CZ), DKB, Sparkasse (in Germany), Amex (in Germany). Also no problem with NFC Google Pay. At the moment I have only problem with wireless Android Auto. Classical with USB wire is also OK.
Thinking to root and use Magisk. Does this has any influence on the banking apps?

Can somebody check if on stable 13 Super backgrounds are working (Poco F3)? I cannot set them up or download them. Thanks!

I checked the known bugs and its mentioned that super wallpapers have some issues about day and night time, but not a general issue of picking them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-09-19-38-08-687_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-09-19-38-08-687_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    699.7 KB · Views: 141