MIUI 13 MIUI 13 STABLE RELEASE

Hi,

I'read carefully but still have some questions. I own a Mi 11 pro and it comes along with installed EU.rom 13.0.9. Still using it. Now I have an update notification for quite a while and want to update. OTA works unfortunately not. Searching for updates works, and I get information about the latest version, but clicking "download" always ends up in "download server not reachable".
I learned, I have Android 12 and therefore TWRP wont work, I have to use "Fastboot". I read the tutorial, fine so far.
So my two questions are:

Do i need to "* first_install_with_data_format (with format data), if you're flashing xiaomi.eu ROM for the first time."?
For my understanding not, because it came allready with xiaomi.EU ROM, right?

Will fastboot update delete my hoel data ore will I keep my homescreens and all the other stuff?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: IntegratedGraphics
Hi,

I'read carefully but still have some questions. I own a Mi 11 pro and it comes along with installed EU.rom 13.0.9. Still using it. Now I have an update notification for quite a while and want to update. OTA works unfortunately not. Searching for updates works, and I get information about the latest version, but clicking "download" always ends up in "download server not reachable".
I learned, I have Android 12 and therefore TWRP wont work, I have to use "Fastboot". I read the tutorial, fine so far.
So my two questions are:

Do i need to "* first_install_with_data_format (with format data), if you're flashing xiaomi.eu ROM for the first time."?
For my understanding not, because it came allready with xiaomi.EU ROM, right?

Will fastboot update delete my hoel data ore will I keep my homescreens and all the other stuff?

Thanks in advance!
look here ....

Which is the appropriate *.bat file you have to execute

- if you install the xiaomi.eu rom for the first time
- if you change from weekly to stable (recommended)
- if you change from stable to weekly (recommended)
- you will loose your data -> make a backup
windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat

- if you update from weekly to weekly
- if you update from stable to stable
- you will not loose your data
windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat

Reactions: Babylonien
sorry
Since I installed the recovery img file in the pixel experience version, it does not activate when I install twrp. What is the solution?
which device do you own and did you do it like I have described it here....

If you install xiaomi.eu rom for the first time -> you have to format data (not wipe)

which device do you own and did you do it like I have described it here....

If you install xiaomi.eu rom for the first time -> you have to format data (not wipe)
yes I have done the steps mentioned my device is 11 but I am going through the pixel experience version there is a different recovery screen vendor.img

Hi i have a Xiaomi MI11 Ultra my software is now 13 and i can update my phone to 13.0.9 but can i update my phone only with my pc and not more via OTA ?

AFAIK, it's not recommended to play with Persist partition (incl. even restoring your own Persist backup) because you can loose some info specific to your device. I didn't play with but I've seen discussions about a year or two ago (unhappy users who complained about and about Xiaomi for that)

Anyway, with root, you can backup Persist through adb:
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist.img

persist.img will be saved to Internal memory

To restore, replace the source (if=) with the target (of=) and vice versa

You can do the same through Terminal app, however without:
adb shell

Some versions of custom recoveries like special builds of TWRP, SHRP, BPRP, Orange Fox can opt you to flash persist.img to Persist, or they can even allow to choose Persist partition when taking Backup and Restore
thing is it got corrupted by installing TWRP, thats why i asked if this method is safe when flashing the .eu rom. Now i know i can flash it without twrp or root, using fastboot method, for me thats enough.
However im still debating if it's worth the risk of corrupting something else by installing this rom, i have this "bad luck" that i dont find anything bad about stuff im about to do until i do it, then i all comes to surface.

Hi!

Any news when the system apps will be updated? Mi fitness and calendar, to be more specific. Mi fitness is critical, I bought the mi band 7 and the band will not pair with version 3.2.0. The global version which is available on the Playstore and the one needed for this band is 3.4.1...

I don't want to use zepp life because I have another Amazfit watch that I intend to use at the same time with the band, only possible by using diferent apps (zepp life automatically connects with the regular zepp and disconnects the clock).

Regards,
Vitor Correia

thing is it got corrupted by installing TWRP, thats why i asked if this method is safe when flashing the .eu rom. Now i know i can flash it without twrp or root, using fastboot method, for me thats enough.
However im still debating if it's worth the risk of corrupting something else by installing this rom, i have this "bad luck" that i dont find anything bad about stuff im about to do until i do it, then i all comes to surface.
I don't understand how 'installiing' TWRP could corrupt Persist - installing TWRP (properly!) should only affect Boot (if Recovery integrated to Boot like on A/B devices) or Recovery.
Unless you did something wrong or you later did something wrong when using TWRP

Reactions: biscoot and JiaiJ
I don't understand how 'installiing' TWRP could corrupt Persist - installing TWRP (properly!) should only affect Boot (if Recovery integrated to Boot like on A/B devices) or Recovery.
Unless you did something wrong or you later did something wrong when using TWRP
Alright so let me break this down for you.
Installing TWRP on the mi mix 3 5G WOULD break the persist partition, BECAUSE TWRP would create this file inside of the persist.img, im attaching a screenshot of my old persist backup right after flashing the custom recovery so you can check by yourself.
Removing the twrps file and flashing the .img once again solved the issue i was having with my phone (a message popping up saying my storage was corrupted and i couldn't use mi find my phone).

Why this happened, how, and why it was like this? I dont know, im not a developer, all i can tell you is that this was a s**t show, everyone in the mix 5g group was having trouble with the persist after using twrp.

I dont know how everyone did "something wrong" in this simple process, but that's how it went.

That's the reason i came here to ask if using xiaomi.eu has negative effects like this, i was away from xiaomi for years and unfortunately i had to come back with this Mi 11. But somethings never changes, people like you that instead of helping with useful insights are full of self entitled jokes thinking everyone is a moron.

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2022-07-01 140629.png
    Captura de tela 2022-07-01 140629.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: Closure
Hi!

Any news when the system apps will be updated? Mi fitness and calendar, to be more specific. Mi fitness is critical, I bought the mi band 7 and the band will not pair with version 3.2.0. The global version which is available on the Playstore and the one needed for this band is 3.4.1...

I don't want to use zepp life because I have another Amazfit watch that I intend to use at the same time with the band, only possible by using diferent apps (zepp life automatically connects with the regular zepp and disconnects the clock).

Regards,
Vitor Correia
As we downgraded the Chinese Mi Fitness back to Health on our ROMs, you can install Mi Fitness from Play Store.
As for Calendar, ask Xiaomi when they plan to update their Global app. They advertised these Calendar widgets, but never provided.

As we downgraded the Chinese Mi Fitness back to Health on our ROMs, you can install Mi Fitness from Play Store.
As for Calendar, ask Xiaomi when they plan to update their Global app. They advertised these Calendar widgets, but never provided.
Thank you for the reply. I tried to install mi fitness from the playstore, it didn't install. Finalizes the process by saying that it cannot install the app. My phone is the poco x3 pro (vayu) and I'm running the latest stable version available for it (13.0.4).
I guess I'll have to wait until you update the x3 pro stable version.

Regards,
Vitor Correia

I have been having issues with the latest update, I can install the newest twrp for my redmi note 10 mojito, but when I try to update in twrp by flashing the zip for the newest update, it fails because it can not decrypt the system and some other partitions (educated guess here but I suspoect it may have to do with a pin). I think it is because they are encrypted. I will test but this is a pain. I am not sure how future updates will go either. I would appreciate any help thanks.

I have been having issues with the latest update, I can install the newest twrp for my redmi note 10 mojito, but when I try to update in twrp by flashing the zip for the newest update, it fails because it can not decrypt the system and some other partitions (educated guess here but I suspoect it may have to do with a pin). I think it is because they are encrypted. I will test but this is a pain. I am not sure how future updates will go either. I would appreciate any help thanks.
So I have figured out a little bit, when I flash 13.0.8 all is well and I use fastboot. However when i use twrp to install 13.0.9 many of the partitions become encrypted even when there is not a fingerprint or pin assigned. This leads to the phone not booting as it thinks there is no OS installed, and twrp can not mount those partitions.

I have not been able to resolve this error. Please help me. Phone model Mi 10T Miui 13.0.5.0 Xiaomi eu stabil

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-02-08-38-20-461_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-02-08-38-20-461_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg
    682.3 KB · Views: 237
Last edited by a moderator:
that's what mine looks like but with MacOS and the terminal. takes about 5 min total.

worked with 13.0.2 through 13.0.4 on my Mi 10 Lite Zoom

I encountered a random reboot today, Poco F3, latest MIUI 13.0.6. Any way to find the culprit?

Installing should take 200-300 seconds...that's what it should look likeView attachment 42906
I'm using the XiaomiFlash, but the interface doesn't show much.
I will try again from command line.

Yesterday I was able to flash a stock ROM to unblock the device, then I tried to install two EU ROM, but they weren't loaded at all, I'm still here with the Chinese release.
(yes the booter is unlocked)

I'm using the XiaomiFlash, but the interface doesn't show much.
I will try again from command line.

Yesterday I was able to flash a stock ROM to unblock the device, then I tried to install two EU ROM, but they weren't loaded at all, I'm still here with the Chinese release.
(yes the booter is unlocked)
Found the reason, LOL.

The bat file read by XiaomiFlash contain a choice (IF), the program waits for the answer and it is never flashed.
I'm doing it now manually.