MIUI-DEV WEATHER Help & Support

Do this and it works!

1. Download the European APK to your PC or MAC!
2. Download the corresponding miui_city.db from the link under the European APK!
3. adb remount
4. adb push file.apk /system/app (replacing file.apk with the proper file name!)
5. Open the app, it will likely Force Close!
6. Now push miui_city.db to /data/data/com.miui.weather/databases/
7. Re open app!

done!

Hallo

after step 4 i recived this "copy faild no space left on device" ??

By my side, it doesn't work too :confused:

I put the apk in system/app (the name of the file is it important or can we modify it ?)

The mui_city.db file is replaced on data/data/com.mui.weather/databases (with permission like said in page 3)
But, I always get a FC when I try to open the app, and the widget say "No weather information" and impossible to edit it !

Any idea ?
Thanks

Join the club pal! Ive got the same problem. This apk works for some dont know whats up with it.

It works but no cities appear for France.

Is it possible to add
- Rennes France FRXX0114
- Montreuil-sur-Ille France FRXX6029

I know Rennes is already inside because I opened the db on my computer but it seems to be bad code if I'm not wrong.
Thks.

Mark, is there any way to get it from the fahrenheit scale used by our friends over the pond to celsius?

EDIT: Just realised that when I add London it's in celsius, so it must be where the data about Stockholms weather is being pulled from that's pushing it in the imperial system... this may be a big challenge and a lot to ask but is there any way to make it pull the information in the metric system as I don't even know what it means when it says 36° without taking out my calculator and converting it :D
I'm with you. :)
I doesn't really understand Fahrenheit, and a possibility for celsius would make this perfect!

Mark,

A loyal supporter here...am I understanding correctly that GPS and Telelocation will be enabled in future beta releases?

tia,

jc

finally: the missing link:

After reboot rename miui_city_entire_eu to miui_city.db

adb remount
adb push miui_city.db /data/data/com.miui.weather/databases/

Thanks your step by step directions helped me install 100%!
Southern NJ Weather works.
EVO
HW004

step by step using root explorer

move miuiweather.apk to sdcard
open root explorer and navigate to /sdcard
long press on miuiweather.apk and hit COPY
navigate to /system/app
hit menu - PASTE (if it says you can't because its read only, hit the top right button mount r/w, then paste)
longpress on the miuiweather.apk in /system/app
select permissions
make checkboxes look like following: (where x indicates check, 0 indicates unchecked)
Read Write Execute
X ---- X ---- 0
X ---- 0 -----0
X ---- 0 ----0

(all three checkmarks in first column, first checkmark in second column)

same thing with the db file, except instead of /system/app, navigate to /data/data/com.miui.weather/databases/ to paste it
and permissions should look like this
X ---- X ---- 0
X ---- X -----0
0 ---- 0 ----0

you SHOULDNT "install" anything, just move the files to the proper places with proper permissions, and reboot.

i will look into making a flashable zip for each apk if there are still a lot of people having issues

hi,

thx for the app. but i come from germany , country= Brambauer and zip is 44536.

can you add this to the app?

Installed great. Just copied the apk using root explorer and pasted it to the right location (as well as changing the permissions).

Nexus S, Los Angeles

Installed great. Just copied the apk using root explorer and pasted it to the right location (as well as changing the permissions).

Nexus S, Los Angeles

Glad its working for you and others too. We will look to gather user feedback in a more organised manner to develop for the proper BETA 2 version. I just need to stress this app was never really 100% ready for release but due to the donations we've had we decided it was right to release it for free.

If anyone is still experiencing problems let us know. Most issues are to do with the GPS function, this is something BETA2 will remove as it is not really useful at the moment, there's a lot more underlying work to be done on TelocationProvider.apk for GPS to work for us. This might mean more talks about source code.

Thanks and hope people fix their issues with the app, understand our frustration when people claim it was breaking too. We've been using it successfully for over a month and no issues.

I appreciate that software can have issues and this is a BETA i cannot stress that enough. You use at your own risk.

Cheers,

Mark

I appreciate that software can have issues and this is a BETA i cannot stress that enough. You use at your own risk.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark, I cannot even imagine how maddening it is to have people swarming around like angry bees freaking out, complaining and being utterly rude because they can't seem to get a perfectly functioning FREE app to work ahead of its scheduled release.

Just know that there are literally hundreds of us who understand and completely support your efforts and are extremely grateful that you have not only taken the time to create and port this awesome app for us, but that you are giving it to us. Your new Nexus S is well deserved and I hope it serves you and this community well.

Those of us who support you can't do anything about those who want to blame the app, their EVO, ADB, HTC, Google, Joan of Arc and anything else they can come up with rather than accepting that they just may have made an error, but hopefully some of us can help out in this thread and guide some of the struggling masses with the simple task of getting this to work.

Might I also suggest a separate thread for location requests so that people can list any requested/missing/overlooked locations.

Regards,
JS

Glad its working for you and others too. We will look to gather user feedback in a more organised manner to develop for the proper BETA 2 version. I just need to stress this app was never really 100% ready for release but due to the donations we've had we decided it was right to release it for free.

If anyone is still experiencing problems let us know. Most issues are to do with the GPS function, this is something BETA2 will remove as it is not really useful at the moment, there's a lot more underlying work to be done on TelocationProvider.apk for GPS to work for us. This might mean more talks about source code.

Thanks and hope people fix their issues with the app, understand our frustration when people claim it was breaking too. We've been using it successfully for over a month and no issues.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark,

First off, great job and thanks for all your effort.
I'm questions are, you will be bringing beta 2 out, will there be an option to choose Celsius??
And also will there be a better way to install it.

Thanks!!, I can wait till the MIUI ROM is release for Desire

hopefully this is implemented into the next rom. It's a great app but a wonky way to install. and lke others have stated, it'd be nice to have ALL cities available in the US instead of states x - y

Not knocking the app at all though! great work as expected ... MIUI is sick

This name International Weather, truly hope add-in Asian Country in future:

Example: Malaysia, Singapore and etc.

Got it working and it's great!!
However, please include in a future version the ability to use Celsius and kilometers, that would make it perfect!

hey Mark,

are you planning localized versions? Will there be a translation section just like full miui?

Keeps fc'ing anytime I try to do anything like refresh or change location. Doesn't pickup my location either even though I added extra database eu file. (may not have my location in there). Anyway, can't wait for finished version but for now will continue to use fancy widget pro (nearest to MIUI weather in my opinion). Keep up the good work. Plenty more work needed though. From Urmston, Manchester, England & thereabouts. uninstalled for now. Been looking for a translation for some time so I will be back.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk