MIUI-DEV WEATHER Help & Support

Discussion in 'Mi General' started by MarkHUK, Mar 10, 2011.

1. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder
    Staff Member

Hi everyone,

If you haven't already headed over to our post here: http://www.miui-dev.com/2011/03/09/miui-weather-released-free-for-all/

Go now!

Any issues using the Weather app - please post here. Myself and wowthatisrandom will do our BEST to help with any questions you have about using the app.

Remember this is our private beta release but as a gift to the community we've pushed it out for free! as a big thanks to those who have donated towards the Nexus S dev phone to allow me to continue to publish the latest updates for MIUI and the community!

Thanks to everyone who has and is supporting the site - after all this is YOUR site.

Mark

2. g123k

g123kMembers

Nov 23, 2010
    Hello,

I'm using a N1 and the EU version.
    The app doesn't install :

Code:
    I/ActivityManager(  683): Starting: Intent { dat=file:///sdcard/dropbox/MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk cmp=com.android.packageinstaller/.InstallAppProgress (has extras) } from pid 1778
    D/com.dropbox.android.util.FileWatcher( 1543): MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk Open for /sdcard/dropbox/
    D/com.dropbox.android.util.FileWatcher( 1543): MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk Close NoWrite for /sdcard/dropbox/
    I/com.dropbox.android.util.FileWatcher( 1543): File not modified: /sdcard/dropbox/MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk
    D/dalvikvm( 1787): GC_EXPLICIT freed 9K, 54% free 2508K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 37ms
    D/com.dropbox.android.util.FileWatcher( 1543): MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk Open for /sdcard/dropbox/
    W/ActivityManager(  683): No content provider found for: 
    I/ActivityManager(  683): Displayed com.android.packageinstaller/.InstallAppProgress: +289ms
    D/com.dropbox.android.util.FileWatcher( 1543): MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk Close NoWrite for /sdcard/dropbox/
    I/com.dropbox.android.util.FileWatcher( 1543): File not modified: /sdcard/dropbox/MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk
    W/ActivityManager(  683): No content provider found for: 
    D/PackageParser(  683): Scanning package: /data/app/vmdl515614282.tmp
    W/PackageParser(  683): Exception reading classes.dex in /data/app/vmdl515614282.tmp
    W/PackageParser(  683): java.lang.SecurityException: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF has invalid digest for classes.dex in /data/app/vmdl515614282.tmp
    W/PackageParser(  683): 	at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.invalidDigest(JarVerifier.java:130)
    W/PackageParser(  683): 	at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.access$100(JarVerifier.java:52)
    W/PackageParser(  683): 	at java.util.jar.JarVerifier$VerifierEntry.verify(JarVerifier.java:122)
    W/PackageParser(  683): 	at java.util.jar.JarFile$JarFileInputStream.read(JarFile.java:120)
    W/PackageParser(  683): 	at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:133)
    W/PackageParser(  683): 	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fillbuf(BufferedInputStream.java:140)
    W/PackageParser(  683): 	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:324)
    W/PackageParser(  683): 	at android.content.pm.PackageParser.loadCertificates(PackageParser.java:370)
    W/PackageParser(  683): 	at android.content.pm.PackageParser.collectCertificates(PackageParser.java:540)
    W/PackageParser(  683): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.installPackageLI(PackageManagerService.java:5947)
    W/PackageParser(  683): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.access$2200(PackageManagerService.java:139)
    W/PackageParser(  683): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService$5.run(PackageManagerService.java:4632)
    W/PackageParser(  683): 	at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
    W/PackageParser(  683): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
    W/PackageParser(  683): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
    W/PackageParser(  683): 	at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)
    E/PackageParser(  683): Package com.miui.weather has no certificates at entry classes.dex; ignoring!

3. Cult

CultMembers

Nov 28, 2010
    Hum, same problem here.

4. bL4Ck

bL4CkMembers

Jan 26, 2011
    same here, no install :(
    i try'd also pushing the apk in /system/app/ but when restarting the phone i still don't see it anywere.

5. lil-dice

lil-diceMembers

Jan 30, 2011
    Doesn't install on my evo, starts to install then says Won't Install.

6. Garak

GarakMembers

Jan 21, 2011
    Web & Graphic Designer
    Ireland
    Working perfect for me after ADB push of both files, thanks Mark, beautiful app! Hope you can add Dublin to the db soon, I'll use Belfast for testing purposes :p

7. fusingblackrose

Nov 28, 2010
    Push it with Root Explorer and make sure the permissions are the same as the others in system/app

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

8. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder
    Staff Member

How are you downloading it?

9. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder
    Staff Member

Working ok for you dude?

10. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder
    Staff Member

Welcome :) thank you too! :)

11. fusingblackrose

Nov 28, 2010
    Works flawlessly. You've done outstanding work on not just this, but everything on here.

12. The Batman

The BatmanMembers

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    Gotham City
    When I try to download the apk, it states that it is having difficulty parsing the package. Any ideas from anyone on how to resolve this?

The Batman
    HTC Evo
    MIUI v1.2.25

13. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder
    Staff Member

Download to your computer if possible then you adb to push the file to /system/app/

Thanks,

Mark

14. miui lover

miui loverMembers

Jan 27, 2011
    middle school 7th grade
    sandy utah
    hey i tryed pushing with root explorer but it says could not be installed wat do i plase

15. Skimi

SkimiMembers

Jan 20, 2011
    Dep. Compras
    Maia, Porto, Portugal, Portugal
    No install! Check the permissions to match the others apk then reboot. Now you can add your new weather widget...

By the way I'm getting FC when trying to choose the city and I have copied the db file to data...

Any clue?

I'm in Portugal...

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

16. ZeroBarrier

Nov 24, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Working well enough here. Auto-location by GPS not working at all; I'm in Las Vegas, NV and it keeps displaying Weber City, VA. One small question, is there any way to link touching the time to the alarm clock, same way the analog clock widget works? I ask because opening the calendar when touching the clock portion doesn't feel right, not to mention I would love for it to go directly into the alarm clock portion of the clock app.

17. Maverlck

MaverlckMembers

Mar 10, 2011
    I cant install.

BTW, is it work in the carribean zone? I mean, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic? If not, How can i help you with this?

18. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder
    Staff Member

Turn off the GPS toggle, go to edit icon top left of the main app and switch off. That will solve that issue for you and anyone else with the problem.

The other things will be addressed when we get to work on BETA 2.0 which will be compiled from full source code.

Cheers,

Mark

19. Bigmoogle

BigmoogleMembers

Nov 7, 2010
    Downloaded and installed! The database even included my small town in Maryland. Working and looking gorgeous.

Thanks Mark

20. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder
    Staff Member

We would need the weather.com location magnet codes for your city, countries - this applies to anyone else who is experiencing missing locations. We added over 68 thousand locations to MySQL and SQLite, we will be looking to drop this in BETA 2.0 but for now this is what we have and we can do what we can to add more support for other locations.

Cheers,

Mark

21. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder
    Staff Member

Awesome :)

22. ZeroBarrier

Nov 24, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yes sir, I did that to get the widget to display the correct location, but thanks for your swift reply.

Wonderful to hear that the source code was made available to you for this app, should prove invaluable to coding one solid apk to make it truly international. I'm looking forward to add my home town in Puerto Rico where my parents still live.

23. mschmitt01

mschmitt01Forum donator

Nov 29, 2010
    Probie, Learn all I can, be used and abused as muc
    New Glarus, Wisconsin, United States
    HELP

Okay I feel a little defeated. I tried moving the apk and db from the download location on my sdcard to /system/apps. attempter to install via root explorer and it says APP NOT INSTALLED. What am I doing wrong?

CDMA Desire

btw: i don't use adb. am i screwed?

24. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder
    Staff Member

Use adb, if you don't have it download the android sdk.

adb push file.apk /system/app

Replacing file.apk with the file name.

Same deal with the miui_city.db to /data/data/com.miui.weather/databases/

Thanks,

Mark

25. mschmitt01

mschmitt01Forum donator

Nov 29, 2010
    Probie, Learn all I can, be used and abused as muc
    New Glarus, Wisconsin, United States
    This works Mark... and you have a crisp $20 American headed your way via ME!!!

Share Our Site