Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Hi everyone,

View full 2.2.17 ICS Changelog
Nexus S ICS ROM 2.2.17 for you here:

http://files.miuiandroid.com/2.2.17/miuiandroid_NS-2.2.17.zip

MD5: 5b4d1522d50868ead7d7e2cd87b23182

EDIT: Updater.apk FC issue hopefully now resolved :)

Changes to MA ROM:

- Added Google LatinIME and English Dictionary
- Added GAPPS YouTube, CarHome, Media Uploader etc
- ROM Manager support added
- Build.prop with correct detail
- Calendar Sync issue fixed (Thanks Weedy for the modification)

Reactions: nanobgd
I didn't actually logcat before. Are these the correct steps? : plug in, adb shell, logcat? Everything during bootloop?

File uploaded for the 3rd! time! please try the new one and verify the MD5: 32142ed66c2de8f28c79ba2466850e42

I didn't actually logcat before. Are these the correct steps? : plug in, adb shell, logcat? Everything during bootloop?

Just do: adb logcat

PS. Try the rom again via download, hoping this time its ok!

Argh ! Now the phone boots, but both Gallery and Calendar crash right away. Calendar is 100% unusable, keeps crashing each time i open it and the widget doesn't even show the entries. Gallery works after the initial crash !

Edit: Gmail FCs each time i open it... this update is unusable. Reverting to 2.2.10 :(

for me Gmail, gallery and calendar works. Will post a logcat of the Updater apk crash in a bit

Argh ! Now the phone boots, but both Gallery and Calendar crash right away. Calendar is 100% unusable, keeps crashing each time i open it and the widget doesn't even show the entries. Gallery works after the initial crash !

Edit: Gmail FCs each time i open it... this update is unusable. Reverting to 2.2.10 :(

You may need to clear Dalvik Cache etc.

Done that, no good. Wiped the whole thing, now the system boots fine and calendar/gmail work. Updater FCs, as nanobgd said, and also "Data Usage" in "Settings" FCs as soon as it's clicked.

Edit: Music FCs too as soon as it's opened. Totally fresh install after a full wipe including /system format...

Done that, no good. Wiped the whole thing, now the system boots fine and calendar/gmail work. Updater FCs, as nanobgd said, and also "Data Usage" in "Settings" FCs as soon as it's clicked.

Code:
app_vercode:15
device_model:crespo
build_version:2.2.17
condition:1
processName:com.miui.player
pid:3198
uid:10039
tag:null
shortMsg:android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException
longMsg:android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Plural resource ID #0x7f09000c quantity=0 item=other
stackTrace:java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resume activity {com.miui.player/com.miui.player.ui.MusicBrowserActivity}: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Plural resource ID #0x7f09000c quantity=0 item=other
at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2447)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2475)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1989)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:125)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1149)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4429)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:784)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:551)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Plural resource ID #0x7f09000c quantity=0 item=other
at android.content.res.Resources.getQuantityText(Resources.java:284)
at android.content.res.Resources.getQuantityString(Resources.java:391)
at com.miui.player.ui.controller.HistoryBrowserController$NoHistoryFrame.refresh(HistoryBrowserController.java:343)
at com.miui.player.ui.controller.HistoryBrowserController.refreshAll(HistoryBrowserController.java:53)
at com.miui.player.ui.MusicBrowserActivity.refreshHistory(MusicBrowserActivity.java:205)
at com.miui.player.ui.MusicBrowserActivity.onResume(MusicBrowserActivity.java:124)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnResume(Instrumentation.java:1154)
at android.app.Activity.performResume(Activity.java:4539)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2437)
... 12 more

Status
Not open for further replies.