Release MIUI ROM 2.2.17 [ICS] [NEXUS S]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corporate account not syncing(calendar nor contacts email does however) otherwise everything else is fine! Thanks guys!

Everything seems to work except the Data Usage settings cause Settings to FC here as well.
app_vercode:15
device_model:crespo
build_version:2.2.17
condition:1
processName:com.android.settings
pid:2481
uid:1000
tag:null
shortMsg:java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
longMsg:java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: setSpan (-1 ... 1) ends beyond length 0
stackTrace:java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.settings/com.android.settings.SubSettings}: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: setSpan (-1 ... 1) ends beyond length 0
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1959)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1984)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:125)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1149)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4429)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:784)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:551)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: setSpan (-1 ... 1) ends beyond length 0
at android.text.SpannableStringBuilder.checkRange(SpannableStringBuilder.java:945)
at android.text.SpannableStringBuilder.setSpan(SpannableStringBuilder.java:527)
at android.text.SpannableStringBuilder.setSpan(SpannableStringBuilder.java:520)
at com.android.settings.widget.ChartDataUsageView.a(ChartDataUsageView.java:652)
at com.android.settings.widget.ChartDataUsageView.b(ChartDataUsageView.java:41)
at com.android.settings.widget.f.a(ChartDataUsageView.java:601)
at com.android.settings.widget.n.a(InvertedChartAxis.java:56)
at com.android.settings.widget.ChartSweepView.bC(ChartSweepView.java:280)
at com.android.settings.widget.ChartSweepView.f(ChartSweepView.java:353)
at com.android.settings.widget.ChartDataUsageView.c(ChartDataUsageView.java:183)
at com.android.settings.DataUsageSummary.onCreateView(DataUsageSummary.java:347)
at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:828)
at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(FragmentManager.java:1032)
at android.app.BackStackRecord.run(BackStackRecord.java:622)
at android.app.FragmentManagerImpl.execPendingActions(FragmentManager.java:1382)
at android.app.Activity.performStart(Activity.java:4474)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1932)
... 11 more

Found the problem with the Data Usage FC, testing final fixes now. Will have an updated build on the mirrors very soon.

Thanks,

Mark

One final glitch i found: The first time when you open Music.apk, when you click on "all songs" it FCs

New build has been mirrored!

Fixed: Opening Settings > Data Usage FC

Cause: Two strings in my values-en folder where self-closed, Xiaomi added something to these strings recently which changed how the usage graph rendered. Hopefully this will work for everyone else as well. No wipe should be required just flash over the old.

MD5 Checksum: 5b4d1522d50868ead7d7e2cd87b23182

Hi,

I have installed the latest build and currently all the things are working fine. But i can't use the face unlock function. Is this features is still not support yet in current version or bugs? And when i set password or pattern, it remove the unlock screen. I more prefer like previous GB Version, After unlock screen and then only ask for pattern or password...

Best Regards,
Mahar.

Hi,

I have installed the latest build and currently all the things are working fine. But i can't use the face unlock function. Is this features is still not support yet in current version or bugs? And when i set password or pattern, it remove the unlock screen. I more prefer like previous GB Version, After unlock screen and then only ask for pattern or password...

Best Regards,
Mahar.

Will look into it.

Thanks,

Mark

Hello

I have installed the latest build and currently all the things are working fine. But i can't use wi-fi or scan any network..
somebody help-me please

Hi,

I am using the latest build on Google Nexus S and i feel like battery consumption is too high. I have fully charged at 8 PM and when next morning when i wake up, Battery is totally Flat. Another thing is it take time to go back to launcher. When i open one application and after close, it is only showing Wallpaper. It take time to load the widgets and applications icons.

Best Regards,
Mahar

I would love to put the music player that was used in the GB, which is incorporated with the unlock screen .. that can change the unlock screen .. they can also change the bootanimations there are many things that I would like to use the ICS I definitely MIUI ROM

Things that don't work:

1. Face Unlock. No big deal for me.
aVhsQ.png

2. Call recording (I'd love it. Here in Italy it's legitimate to record your own phone calls)
8LLru.png

Thank you for the great work!

What do you mean? I tap Settings --> Security --> Screen Lock --> Face Unlock --> Set it up --> Continue and then I get the error you see in the screenshot I posted above.

What do you mean? I tap Settings --> Security --> Screen Lock --> Face Unlock --> Set it up --> Continue and then I get the error you see in the screenshot I posted above.

I've found the error, will get it sorted for tomorrows build :)

EDIT: Confirmed, the models and pittpatt directory where missing in /system/vendor/

Adding them from Galaxy Nexus works fine from my test so if you are in need of a quick solution and are comfortable using 'adb' then grab the 'pittpatt' folder from /system/vendor/ on a ROM with Face Unlock working.

Wonderful! Any chance of seeing the call recording function work on Samsung/Google Nexus S? :)

Wonderful! Any chance of seeing the call recording function work on Samsung/Google Nexus S? :)

This is a Kernel related problem I believe. Will try and look into it when i've got more time on my hands :) which i wont lie, lately things here have picked up rapidly so we're doing a lot more work behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly in future :)

Expect the fix tomorrow or read above for my edit on the solution to the problem.

Thanks,

Mark

Hello

I have installed the latest build and currently all the things are working fine. But i can't use wi-fi or scan any network..
somebody help-me please
Hi
I have wi fi problem too,what should I do?
Thanks for your attention

I just wanted to let you guys know that wi-fi works on my Nexus S with both MIUI 2.2.17 and 2.2.24. Right now I'm connected to my home wireless network, WPA2 protection enabled and visible SSID.

I just wanted to let you guys know that wi-fi works on my Nexus S with both MIUI 2.2.17 and 2.2.24. Right now I'm connected to my home wireless network, WPA2 protection enabled and visible SSID.

Good to know, im pretty sure this is to do with something other than the defaults or there is some data / cache issue somewhere.

Thanks,

Mark

Good to know, im pretty sure this is to do with something other than the defaults or there is some data / cache issue somewhere.

Thanks,

Mark
i wipe every thing...
format every thing even format sdcard....and same problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.